1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Politics What is happening????

Discussion in 'Tilted Philosophy, Politics, and Economics' started by pan6467, Apr 23, 2012.

1. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

2. boink

boink Slightly Tilted

Ita pretty crazy to be spending (taxpayer money) time on the clock pushing paper around on a known bullshit bill.
    Imagine Florida posting the 83 mill to appeal the defamation case, OJ looses again, than all that cash goes to EJC. Damn that would be pretty funny.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Chris Noyb

I have to disagree with it being funny, with my main reason being what I posted earlier: I can see this happening in Texas under Abbott and Paxton. The least funny part being many Texas voters would be in favor of giving NPD Trump our tax money.

4. boink

boink Slightly Tilted

Well...that special not funny kinda way. Sadly i agree about Abbott Paxton. I don't really dislike Fla. either but certain folks...yeesh..
    I remember Tx. and Fla. being blue in an earlier life.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Chris Noyb

"Rep. Claudia Tenney, R-N.Y., nominated former President Trump for a Nobel Peace Prize, citing his "historic" Abraham Accords treaty."

The above is from FOX Entertaiment, or my preference, FauX News. That bastion of journalistic standards :rolleyes: wants me to register in order to access the story. FWIW no other news source I consider even close to decent is reporting the story.

https://thehill.com/homenews/admini...nominated-a-third-time-for-nobel-peace-prize/

The above story is from 2020. Gee, I wonder where Tenney got the idea to nominate NPD Trump...again. I don't suppose it has anything to do with using the current armed conflicts in the Middle East to make Biden look bad, more than being a serious attempt to honor NPD Trump.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Chris Noyb

• Like Like x 1
  7. Chris Noyb

Edit: IMO this is more about the politics than the news media coverage.

I'm getting nauseous, & my bowels are starting to churn.

I'm watching ABC this week (yes, their spelling). Senator J.D. Vance (R, Ohio) is defending NPD Trump, & what he wanted done to block the election certification on 06 Jan 2021. And he saying a lot of other bullshit to support the idea the charges against NPD Trump are illegitimate because he is being targeted only for political reasons.

George Stephanopoulos summed up Vances's positions, thanked him for appearing, then they cut off Vance's MIC as he yet again tried to deny his support for NPD Trump is support for NPD Trump.

The big problem I see is Vance can spew his bullshit and make it sound reasonable to people who are inclined to support NPD Trump. And he's not the only one.

8. Chris Noyb

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Chris Noyb

The thing is keeping up with Gov. Greg Abbott, AG Ken Paxton, & the Texas legislature* could easily be a full time job.

*Would anybody outside of Texas notice that I left out Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick?

11. redravin

redravin Cynical Optimist Donor

Which is why I miss Molly Ivins so much.
    Her take on this mess would be priceless.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Chris Noyb

Mentioning Texas...

The Uvalde Police Dept is on the job, vigilantly protecting the Uvalde Couny Commisioners from expletives.

Uvalde Parent Arrested At County Commissioners' Meeting

Apparently nobody in a position of power in Uvalde is willing to name names and assign blame.

But they're protected from harsh language...and the truth.

13. Chris Noyb

She can't say that, can she?

14. redravin

I think these two are still very accurate.

“I dearly love the state of Texas, but I consider that a harmless perversion on my part, and discuss it only with consenting adults.”

“When politicians start talking about large groups of their fellow Americans as 'enemies,' it's time for a quiet stir of alertness. Polarizing people is a good way to win an election, and also a good way to wreck a country.”

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. rogue49

This is here, because it is an overall thought on the population...
    Not just politicians...or parties...or even nations.
    https://x.com/TheGoodLiars/status/1764408984180506708?s=20

This is funny, but it's not. :confused:
    This is my definition of "functionally insane". Meaning people who have job, pay bills, have family, etc...but something whacked about them.

This isn't just the US, but all over the world...and they're voters. (and some aren't)
    I'd say a good percentage are out there. I estimate, 25% of the population. A scary thought.

They can be any political thought, but may lean one way or another, in the odds.
    Any location, but they may go to one place or another in volume.

Makes you wonder about qualifications for voting. (Again ANY party or independent)
    They have the full right
    BUT are they making rational thoughts???

Just remember crazy people have the right to vote too.

Makes you wonder how much they've affected decisions and events throughout the decades and centuries.
    Is it getting better? Worse? Does it go up and down like the stock market?
    How much damage has been done? Harmless actions are moot, we're only talking consequences.

Makes you concerned if people are making rationale choices.

I guess it's something all of us have to be aware of.
    And hopefully, prevent bad things from happening. (for ANY nation or party...or even work...or life)

It would be too difficult to have a Common Sense Rationale Brain Driver's License. :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Chris Noyb

One really crazy thing is when you show people like that how their thinking is flawed they just dig their heels in even deeper. "I'm right, you're just trying to twist my words and confuse me!"

That reminds me of what would happen if somebody asked one of my sisters, Sis2, to explain how NPD Trump cares about the common people and is a good Christian.

Crazy people also have the right to refuse medication, be homeless, & die younger from poor health.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. redravin

I've worked in a number of restaurants where it was a rule with certain people that you never brought up certain subjects.
    That they were great coworkers otherwise but one subject, like abortion or taxes, would turn them into absolute nutjobs.
    They believed shit that was deeply unsettling and in some cases outright racist.
    So you just didn't go there, ever.
    These were people who seemed perfectly normal, even kind and caring in every other way.
    I think some of those people got way worse during Covid because because they lost their touch with normal and spent a lot of time on the net finding connections to the one thing that made them crazy.
    I think others were sucked into the Trump train because he agreed with their brand of crazy even if it was just that one thing.
    Not all of them are on the right though, some were just totally out there and some were quasi-left.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. rogue49

Covid also might have made it worse physically, since they're finding it also may affect mental ability.
    Plus the increasing pace, chaos or even just more options and choices are adding to the burden, triggering people to snap or just adopt strange notions or make it worse.

Chump also appeals to elemental or easy ideas and words, those that are confused value these ideas more.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Chris Noyb

It's like NPD Trump made it OK for
    people to drop any pretense of civility,
    to openly support to extreme ideas, &
    to aggressively attack ideas they're against,
    & to use hateful rhetoric , threats, & violence.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. rogue49

True, but it seems to be on one side.
    One party is allowing chaos
    The other is being overly polite

Correct me if I'm wrong.

• Agree Agree x 1