1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Politics What is happening????

Discussion in 'Tilted Philosophy, Politics, and Economics' started by pan6467, Apr 23, 2012.

1. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

2. Chris Noyb

This is what happens when a bunch of
    rich little (and older) white girls
    get screwed over trying to
    buy Taylor Swift tickets.*

'It is time to break up Live Nation': DOJ sues Ticketmaster parent over alleged monopoly

I have been complaining about how concert tickets were sold, frequently in advance to the ripoff resellers, since the mid 1970s.

I think there's some discussion here on how ticket sales are handled here in a Pearl Jam thread (no, I didn't look for it).

*Of course I know this case has been developing for many years. I find it interesting, in a very bad way, that the reporting, and support, takes a huge jump after many of "the swifties" cry & blubber in vids posted on social media. Many of the blubberers are way too old to be crying & blubbering over concert tickets. Here's a thought; If they can cry & blubber, I can bitch & complain.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

Decoding Project 2025: Inside the Heritage Foundation's view of the future

Well, it seems there IS a conspiracy from the extreme right...or at least a plan

The Heritage Foundation has created and is pushing a plan, if a cooperative Republican president gets in office. - Project 2025
    Surreal, with trigger words, like "Deep State", "radical left", "Marxism" (hey look at TFA, it's there, with links)
    (ironic, considering many of the extremist right are now being supported by Russia, China and inference by internet propaganda)

It's like some type of badly written Hollywood tripe. :eek:

Now, I'm not typically one to follow these outlandish stories, but it's actually official...at least from an established org, a white paper to be followed or pushed.
    If there seemed to be a pattern or trend of ultra right activities and rhetoric or agenda...it's truly there, now a down on paper.
    All the strange conservative entities - Heritage, the Federalist Society, etc...and god knows many PACs, ambiguously named groups and others, organized to push ideas, laws, VIPs, etc.

Too many lately to list out...heck there's even ones to push influence on the Supreme Court or judges. (Antonin Scalia Law School)
    Right from the HF's site...a list of partners on the "project" (no BS)
    Project 2025 Reaches 100 Coalition Partners

Funny thing is, I haven't heard anything about aggressive ultra left entities radicalizing the politics (correct me if I'm wrong)
    I'm not seeing them in the media, certainly no plans or names dropped in connection. - at least currently.

It's almost as if there's now, a underground right cause, like back in the early 1900's there was a push for radical left. (which the establishment freaked about too)

Is this something that occurs generationally...every century or so??? (no matter the side or cause) :confused:

It's just weird to see it emerge, come to fruition ...and now down on paper.
    (You read it in history...but I didn't expect to see it in my life - much less be potentially impacted by it)

What do y'all think???

Last edited: Jun 1, 2024
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Chris Noyb

This will require more than a superficial reading.

One thing that jumps out at me is the call for people to gather in DC, because that sounds like a potential Jan 06 situation. Of course the wording could just be rhetorical, or mean a general broad movement rather an actual gathering.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Chris Noyb

6. rogue49

7. Chris Noyb

Politics used to remind me of how different religions pretend to get along, "Of course we acknowledge and accept the existence and importance of other religious faiths [of course our religion is the only true religion in the eyes of God]."

In current politics the pretense has been dropped.

• Like Like x 1
  8. rogue49

[​IMG]

No more forever punishments. :(

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Chris Noyb

Of course felons would have full legal recourse should they be discriminated against because they are felons.

10. rogue49

Well, that would have to be on the extent and length of infractions.
    A person with a not so bad mark. yes.

I don't know about those with continuous or heinous cases.

There would have to be transparency at least.

11. Chris Noyb

I was actually joking, should've made that clear.

If we ever get sanity and balance back in DC, we need to change the laws about who can run for POTUS.

And while I'm dreaming, more like fantasizing, let's hit the SC with some enforceable ethics requirements, and clarify who can enforce 14.3.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. rogue49

European Parliament set for shift to the right as final votes cast — Reuters

Well, this may be interesting…

I don’t know what it bodes for.
    It’s complicated

European right is different than American
    And the rules are different too, nations have more independent say of their ways and dynamics
    Than the states of the US.

They also trigger elections faster and different timelines. More parliamentary than a rigid set timetable. So if the leaders piss off enough, they may be able to change them quicker too.

We’ll just have to see
    Especially when dealing with Russia, China, etc.

The Ukraine may have a harder time becoming a member.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Chris Noyb

^^^
    People in the US wanting more political parties and looser rules on passing legislation & taking legislative actions need to study how multi-party coalitions in Europe struggle to function.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Chris Noyb

• Like Like x 1
  15. rogue49

800,000 wire transfer from billionaire donor to US Chamber raises curtain on dark money

It's this type of $$$ manipulation and ethical lapse, that's corrupting our nation and who has input and influence.
    ALL parties should care...because if you can do it...they can do it.
    It's all bought and paid for, so to speak.

And for the Chamber of Commerce to official say everything was legal, is disingenuous.
    Bending those rules just to the breaking point.

Of course, all of this has been done since SCOTUS and the FEC allowed money to represent "free speech" in Citizens United case.

And we'll have to say it again. There should be limits. There should be transparency.
    It's not like we don't have the computers to track it all now. (of course, tons of the $$$ is pushed through Bitcoin and other cryptocurrency)

Ours is a leaky ship.
    It will sink sooner or later.

IMHO, there should be a whole new Constitution. Update the sucker for the modern world.
    Should gather a convention for it. Hey they threw out the Articles of Confederation...they can do it again.
    A parliamentary style like most nations have and snap elections would be nice.
    Cater more the citizens...a better Bill of Rights.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  16. Chris Noyb

^^^
    I would also select Agree.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Chris Noyb

• Like Like x 1
  18. rogue49

Last edited: Jun 13, 2024 at 8:08 PM
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. Chris Noyb

I'd like to read that...for free...without the nutjobs getting my info.

Edit: I just realized I put a SC story link in this thread instead of the SC thread. Duh!

20. rogue49

Just click on the links...it shows the pages.
    Gotta luv the "Training" tab.
    The really scary thing is how many Americans support it or are so apathetic that they don't care.