1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

What is in your arsenal? (Pics encouraged!)

Discussion in 'Tilted Weaponry' started by Borla, Jul 31, 2011.

1. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

I bought my first gun only about 2 years ago. I've always kind of had the desire to hunt, and I finally had an opportunity come up, so I purchased a Remington 870 for deer and turkey hunting (I have both a turkey barrel for it and a 23" rifled deer barrel).

Here is a pic of the exact gun I have:
    [​IMG]

I love how comfortable that stock is to shoot.

My second gun purchase shortly thereafter was a Ruger 10/22 for plinking. Mine is just like this, but with a 4x scope on it.

[​IMG]

Then finally, my wife's anniversary gift to me this year (it's possible that I MIGHT have given a very specific hint):

A Henry Big Boy in .44 Mag.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This thing is awesome. It's fun to shoot, the action is amazingly smooth. And it is unbelievably accurate. You can shoot over it's open sights and empty the tube into a 2" group from 50-70 yards if you are a decent shot. I've let several buddies who are far more knowledgable and experienced than I am shoot this gun, and they unanimously rave over it. :)

I know that's a fairly small collection, and is long gun only at this point. But what do you have? What do you like? Share pics!

• Like Like x 1
  2. genuinemommy

genuinemommy Moderator Staff Member

I'm not very knowledgeable about guns. You'd think with how much lurking I do around the weapons forum, I would have picked something up after all these years. Your guns here... they all look like hunting rifles to me. Is this the case? Do you mainly hunt deer with these guns, or would they also be effective on bears?

I recently acquired a softball bat. I also have an epee. Not the typical arsenal, but such sports equipment is generally better for self defense than cleaning supplies... though spraying bleach into an assailant's eyes would probably be effective.

3. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

I'd fling the bleach, then step in behind it with a swing of the bat. :p

The shotgun was for hunting. I started with deer, and have hunted turkey since then as well. The 10/22 was mainly for fun. The ammo for the other two is fairly expensive. A slug or turkey load for the shotgun can run from $.90 to $3 each, so it's expensive to shoot it much for fun. A box of 50 rounds for the Henry .44 costs about $30, so it's not exactly cheap to shoot either. For the .22 I can buy a box of 500 rounds for less than $20. So if I want to go shoot just to have fun that is a great option. I've also squirrel hunted before, and it's a good gun for that. The .44 I bought almost purely for fun and as a toy. I could use it for deer hunting in a couple nearby states, but not in IL where I currently hunt. I wouldn't want to count on any of these guns to hunt bear with though. The shotgun or .44 could probably stop a bear after a couple well placed shots, but neither of them have the range or stopping power to shoot it from a safe enough distance to be sure it'd be down before it could get to you (at least for a large bear). So I wouldn't go out planning to shoot a bear with one of them, but if it was life or death they might do in a pinch. The .22 would just make him mad!

4. cynthetiq

cynthetiq Administrator Staff Member Donor

sadly, I gave up my arsenal when I moved from California.

I'm hopeful to have a firearm at one point in time in the future. Skogafoss isn't afraid of guns and actually enjoys shooting. She's a good shot when she has a good well serviced gun. I really want to take her shooting again.

This is all I got for the moment.

3 D Cell Maglite

5. Yay, access to forum! Thank you :)

I recently picked up a Springfield XDM, and I love it. 4 1/2 inch match-grade barrel, amazingly accurate, fun to shoot, and fits my hand much better than the Glock I had before.

I'll post some pics soon.

6. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

I like guns. This is a Glock 19, 9x19mm. It is classified as a compact frame semi-automatic handgun. It has been said that if Jesus Christ carried concealed, he'd carry one of these pistols. I find it to be one of the finest handguns ever made. It is all function with the form of an ugly black brick.

[​IMG]

EXTREME CLOSEUP: Just about every gun I have has been modified to better suit my personal preferences. This G19, for example,
    has Tru Dot tritium (H3, the radioactive isotope of hydrogen) "night sights" (they glow in the dark for 10+ years). Night sights make it possible to focus on your front sight when aiming at something in low light or total darkness. It also has a Vickers Tactical slide release and magazine release. These controls are a happy medium between ease of use (big enough to activate under stress) and low profile (prevents inadvertent activation). I've also traded out the standard "finger ripper" vertically serrated trigger for the smooth trigger found on another Glock model. One of the advantages of owning a Glock pistol is that 90% of all the parts are interchangeable between models in the same caliber, from the Glock 34 (5.5" barrel) competition pistol to the Glock 26 (3.5" barrel) subcompact pocket pistol. For example, all 9x19mm Glock pistols can use the same magazines provided they are long enough to fit in the gun: The G17 (4.5"), G19 (4"), G26 (3.5"), and G34 (5.5") can all use the 17-shot G17 magazine. This means that, for example, one can carry a flush-fitting 10-round G26 magazine in their self-defense pistol and reload with a larger 17-shot G17 magazine.

[​IMG]

I don't know much about firearms or shooting. Everything I've learned about guns has come from '80s action movies.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2012
  7. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

I can post here, w00t!
    I have a Walther PPS 9mm that's mine, S has a Glock 17 9mm.
    I also carry a spitfire pepper spray that we got from the gun shop.
    S has tested it out (in the bathroom, brilliantly) and found that it will most definitely be effective.
    It can also clear out an entire brewery in about 10 min flat, from what I hear. I wasn't there:

8. PonyPotato

PonyPotato Very Tilted

I just have my little Walther P22. Awesome for killing raccoons and other vermin.

I sold my S&W 442 shortly after moving back to Ohio. I may purchase another one at some point, but for now I'm just sticking with the target pistol.

9. MeltedMetalGlob

MeltedMetalGlob Resident Loser Donor

[​IMG]

10 feet of kangaroo hide, and makes a hell of a loud crack!

Last edited: Jul 4, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  10. MSD

MSD Very Tilted

I recently sold my Benelli Nova. I needed cash, it was something I could liquidate quickly, and to be honest, I'm not going to miss the excruciating shoulder pain that came with firing it.

I still have the following:
    A WASR-2. CT not only has an idiotic "assault weapons ban" in place, but enforcement shows that they really have no idea what they're doing. AK-47 type guns are banned. The WASR-2, being an AK-74 type gun due to the 5.45x39 ammo instead of 7.62x39, is perfectly legal as it has a pistol grip, a detachable magazine, and no other evil scary rifle features.

A 20GA shotgun, formerly a Stevens model ... something. this was on the 50% off rack at the local store, bringing it in at $22.50. I cut the stock and barrel down to more fun lengths.
    [IMG=http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/5694/p1010710yw4.th.jpg][/IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

A Marlin Glenfield single shot bolt action .22, also from the 50% off rack, which cost $20. I put a $25 BSA scope on it and can manage about 1.5MOA at 100 yards

A Mosin Nagant M44. 7.62x54r, the muzzle flash is a 6 foot fireball, what more can you ask for? Good for taking down bowling pins and capitalist pigs. Likely unissued as numbers match and it was in pretty good shape other than the malodorous communist Vaseline that covered it.

My great grandfather's Remington rolling block action .22. Can hit soda cans at 100 yards over the iron sights. Light, kicks like an angry housefly, and it's a family heirloom.

I haven't fired it yet, but I have a CT Valley Arms .50 black powder rifle. What's long, smelly, and scares the neighbors?

NYC isn't too far from me, the next time I'm getting people together for a range day, I'll let you know and you're both invited.

11. KirStang

KirStang Something Patriotic.

I was going to post a picture of my arsenal, but for some reason I can't post links or pics since I may be spamming.

Anyway. I have a RRA LAR-8 with a 20" HBAR. It shoots about .75 MOA with Federal Gold Medal Match.

12. KirStang

13. ChrisJericho

ChrisJericho Careless whisper

so sexxxxxxxxy

14. Seer666

Seer666 Getting Tilted

Right now I only have 3. I have a model 59 chinese Makarov, which was my first gun. Love that little thing. replaced it as my daily carry with an XD 9mm. And a couple months ago picked up a Savage MK II .22 rifle for plinking with and to teach the boys how to shoot when they get old enough.

15. KirStang

Behold the giant exclamation mark. The pen is mightier than the sword indeed. :)

(dangit, cache'd picture screwing up my joke)

16. Seer666

Seer666 Getting Tilted

Just added and old Nitro Hunter 16 gauge shotgun to my collection. It's was a gift from a friend. Single shot breach loader. Can't wait to try it out. Looks like it's going to be a lot of fun.

17. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

Colt Anaconda revolver, .44 Magnum, 8" ported barrel

[​IMG]

Compensates for my lack of a big [any] penis. The Anaconda is no longer produced.

Steyr M-357 (1st generation), .357 Sig, 4" barrel, 14+1 magazine

[​IMG]

The single most comfortable and accurate service pistol I've ever shot. Discontinued.

• Like Like x 1
  18. KirStang

Do you feel lucky? Well do you, punk? Nice penis--I mean revolver.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Stick

Stick Vertical

I only have shitty photos of my two pistols. One of these days I'll take photos of my rifles and shotgun,
    also better pics of the pistols. As well as the pistols I have a Sako model 75 - stainless barrel and synthetic stock - in .243,
    a CZ .22 bolt action and a IAC 12ga, lever action shotty.

Smith & Wesson 686 model, 6" barrel, .357 mag.
    I use this one in 'Service match' comps.
    [​IMG]

Para Ordnance P18 LTD, in .38 Super
    This is for IPSC matches.

[​IMG]

This is a photo of the type of shotgun I have.
    'Borrowed' from some website.

[​IMG]

20. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

Guns!

Last edited: Jan 6, 2021