1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

What is in your arsenal? (Pics encouraged!)

Discussion in 'Tilted Weaponry' started by Borla, Jul 31, 2011.

1. genuinemommy

genuinemommy Moderator Staff Member

I have recently added a pink racketball racket to my arsenal.
    So, at present my arsenal looks something like this:
    [​IMG] + [​IMG] + [​IMG]+ [​IMG]

2. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

Uh... sword?

3. genuinemommy

You have a problem with swords?

4. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

No... no, my brain just did one of those Highlights magazine things... DOES NOT COMPUTE... I didn't realize you owned a sword and a foil.

5. genuinemommy

epee. Not a foil.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

Hmmm. Off to Wikipedia to enlargeify my brainial knowledgisms of stabbing weapons.

7. genuinemommy

You mean I actually stumped you? And here I expected you to give me crap for thinking I could defend myself with an assortment of sporting goods.

8. the_jazz

the_jazz Accused old lady puncher

Nice pistol grip. I'll admit that you just confirmed what I expected about your height - mainly that you're not a giant.

Back in the day, I fenced regularly against a guy who was 6' 8" and used a French grip held effectively at the base (he has big hands and could get away with it). I had to switch to French when I fenced him just to give myself any chance at all - the extra 1 1/2" were juuuuuust enough to make a difference.

On-topic: I'd post a picture of my fists, but I'm sure some smartass would ask why I'm posting pictures of my sex life in Tilted Weapons.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

Uh, yeah. You miss the last 38k times I've mentioned that I'm a know-nothing moron? I know I'm new here and all, but I thought that was clear.

My knowledge of weapons prior to the invention of gunpowder is pretty limited. Ya know, mostly what I've seen in Arnold's two Conan movies.

And why would insult your choice of self-defense implements? I'm not that bad, am I? God, even the staff thinks I'm an overbearing asshole.

MY FEELINGS.

Yeah, I've been wanting to take a fencing class for a long time now but don't really have the schedule to fit it in between rifle, pistol and martial arts.

That and I fear having a closet full of sporting goods. The dusty SCUBA gear, ignored climbing crap and neglected mountain bike are bad enough.

10. the_jazz

the_jazz Accused old lady puncher

Wait, who are you again? I'm unfamiliar with your work.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

[Must not use. Dave Orion joke. Midnight joke. Woods joke. Zeraph joke. Must maintain composure.]

12. Remixer

Remixer Middle Eastern Doofus

My local arsenal as below (had to sift through Google a bit, but found almost-identical pictures). Not going to mention exact quantities and some other handy equipment, but you'd be surprised what businesses store under their roofs in Afghanistan.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  13. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

14. ChrisJericho

ChrisJericho Careless whisper

Do those pouches also fit the ak mags?

15. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

Negatron. I have to remove the AR mag pouches and run a Chi-Com chest rig over a slick plate carrier whenever I wanna go all 3rd World.

I was thinking about getting "taco" mag pouches for a truly universal setup but I rarely shoot anything other than an AR at classes.

16. MSD

MSD Very Tilted

I remember the switch from offset Spanish Grip to Pistol Grip up this way. I miss the extra two inches.

17. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

Me too, MSD. Me too.

[​IMG]

Glock model 34, Glock model 19. Switched from 34 to 19 for practical reasons. Often miss those two extra inches.

18. Freetofly

Freetofly Diving deep into the abyss

Still trying to figure out how to attach things here. damn!!!

Last edited: Mar 8, 2012
  19. EventHorizon

EventHorizon assuredly the cause of the angry Economy..

[​IMG]

this bad boy is about the deadliest thing i'm trusted with at this point. i'm pretty happy with it. .05mm lead isn't hard to find at an officemax and i can use the tiny leftover broken bits as electrodes for whatever i'm making that week in the machine/composites lab. it's really not that deadly but its concealability is second to none. i'll give a punk some graphite poisoning, i don't give a fuck.

20. Snake Eater

Snake Eater Vertical

GenuineGirly:

Meh, I prefer the Hungarian K grip, though it's been a long time since I have fenced.