1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

What is in your arsenal? (Pics encouraged!)

Discussion in 'Tilted Weaponry' started by Borla, Jul 31, 2011.

1. KirStang

KirStang Something Patriotic.

Mk12Mod1. 1 MOA accurate with 77gr Mk262 ammo.
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. omega

omega Very Tilted

50th birthday next week. Wife just let me buy this. 686 plus pro model with 5 inch barrel. Need to get to the range soon. First full size revolver, so may as well get a lifetime gun. Screenshot_20230709_222256_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20230709_220848_Gallery.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  3. fflowley

fflowley Don't just do something, stand there!

That's beauty.
    I love stainless revolvers.

4. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

Sweet!! I was eyeing one of those in a pawn shop, & at a LGS.

I have a Ruger GP100 6" SS 7 shot (I might've posted an image here). If I shot a LOT of full load .357 mag I might be concerned about the thickness of the walls between the cylinder chambers. But since I practice mostly with .38 it's a non-issue, not to mention I'm no engineer and/or metallurgist.

5. redravin

redravin Cynical Optimist Donor

I don't own any of his work but if I could afford it, top of my wish list.
    Sharup is a knife maker in the Ukraine who makes some of the most beautiful stuff I have ever seen.
    This one is of him making a matched set from a Russian tank cannon.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Chris Noyb

Range report?
    @omega

7. omega

omega Very Tilted

I did get to the range. I have not shot many revolvers, or really a ton of different guns. And I'm not a fetishist, even though I carried for work for four years. That being said, I really like shooting this. Has enough weight and size that it is easy to shoot comfortably. My little 442 with 38+p stings, even with larger rubber grips. This thing is smooth. Even with 357 loads. Shoots more accurately than me. Single action feels great as well. Black sights suck in an indoor range. Need to look at doing something about that someday. Overall I'm very happy with it. Just a solid fullsize revolver that feels good. I did have a lot of issues with the cheap armscor ammunition I bought though. Multiple misfires, both in the 686 and my beretta 40, which doesn't have issues. Asked one of the range officers and he affirmed that armscor has been having a ton of misfires. The smaller group was two hands, seven yards, single action. The larger group was same set Screenshot_20231010_150123_Gallery.jpg up, twenty five yards. Screenshot_20231010_145811_Gallery.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  8. Chris Noyb

Nice.

I have a stash of Armscor .22 LR, must've caught a good sale. It's no worse than typical bulk .22 ammo for reliability, accuracy is decent but it does vary a bit depending on the gun.

One thing I run into with the Ruger GP100 seven shot is the rims on certain ammo have just enough diameter to make fitting all seven rounds in difficult, and make extracting hot casings very difficult. I can't recall the brand & exact ammo, but I do know I finished it. My understanding is SW got the chamber spacing right.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. genuinemommy

genuinemommy Moderator Staff Member

I have none.
    I want none. Still.
    Husband has a few. I could use them if he handed me one that is loaded. But I do not have regular access on purpose. I battle darkness and do not want to find myself alone with one. I have asked to not know the codes. No, I do not know how to get into the ammo nor the guns.

I just watched the first episode of Jericho. It's a series that I have heard about but I am grateful I didn't see until now.

It is brining up a lot of emotions. Realizing that my childhood home was carefully set up for such scenarios, my father being the regional emergency preparedness leader among the Mormons.

I am... grateful? ...that all of this comes naturally.

And grateful that my husband chose a home that is - above all else - a bunker. Made of blocks and bulletproof windows. Something to physically protect us as best he can.

10. redravin

redravin Cynical Optimist Donor

We don't have a care emoji like they have on Facebook so I'll just say, I gotcha @genuinemommy, my heart is with you.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Chris Noyb

I'm sorry to hear things are that bad for you.

• Like Like x 1
  12. boink

boink Slightly Tilted

20240211_114248_20240221204732061.jpg
    Smallest ones are 1/6 scale diecast. I guess I got them because they have removable magazines, folding stocks and bolts with a spring you can pull back...
    The next up are 2.5/1 scale diecast. They fire caps. Most you stick the plastic cup style cap on a peg at the end of the magazine or the revolver, just like you would on a revolver. I got these at pawn shops downtown when I was a kid in Jr high. Made in Italy by Armodilli, Uniwerk.
    The dwarf AR is something I saw on ebay for cheap so I got it. 4 AA batteries in the butt, it's full auto with orange plastic pellets.
    Kinda fun for a few minutes but who wants orange bb's all over the place ? At 5-10 feet the AR could blind you at least temporarily.
    The full size co² pistols were left behind by previous renters in industrial buildings that my work was moving into. Only one works and not really any better than the battery op AR. Actually a lot worse cause it looses gas fast. 10th pellet barly travels 30 ft.

Then I have a mop handel with a stainless steel spear point, and old oak handled climbing staff/axe thing.

My mother fended off a break in with an old school swingline office stapler (black) she had unfolded and held it with the top section pointing forward like a postol. For real.

I like the mechanical fiddly aspect of guns but to have one in my hands feels a bit ominous and I don't like it much.

Dispite having a break in attempt here, just a few months ago, I don't want any really. $1400.oo in windows broken and they didn't come in. ??
    But they did crawl into the next door house (that was for sale) through a dog door. They took a dump on the floor, while there was 4 functional bathrooms with full rolls of TP.
    :^/
    The person had parked at the odd corner of the block and went to a few houses through the back yards I spose...all while I was at work.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2024
  13. Chris Noyb

^^^^

I've seen some of the plastic replicas that are so realistic they might fool a burglar or crook of some type into going away. Personally I think attempting to fool someone with a fake gun is a seriously bad idea.

TO BE CLEAR I'm not suggesting that you would try such a thing.

I could see some idiot criminal thinking using a realistic toy would work. And getting themselves shot by a would have been victim with a real firearm.

There was a robbery, and beating of an old man with tire tool, at a car wash & used car lot a very short walking distance from my house.* In the poor quality security cam footage the crook is shown holding what looks like a Colt 1911 or copy. I could see it was most likely a Crosman Co2 powered BB or pellet gun.

* Over an eight day span, very near us, we had :
    1. The above robbery.
    2. A double murder, mother & young daughter. I could throw a rock from my front yard and hit the apartment where it occurred.
    3. A four gunmen execution of one man on an extremely busy boulevard in broad daylight.

• Like Like x 1
  14. boink

boink Slightly Tilted

My neighborhood is pretty quiet I think.
    Before the break in attempt we had a catalytic converter thief across the street, another fail due to broken saws all blade but same result as far as damage cost.
    Our block watch captain decided to quit so we don't all get group emails of local thievery lately.
    I have no real plan to defend myself with toys. Maybe the ice axe.
    I do have plans for security cams.

15. buzzgunner

buzzgunner 180 gr. of diplomacy

BTW, here's our NFA collection.
    NFA_guns_sm.jpg
    The rest of our 50+ gun collection is all rifles/pistols/shotguns of various types and calibers.

• Like Like x 1
  16. omega

omega Very Tilted

Is that a ppsh?

17. Chris Noyb

What are the two BAs with the extra heavy barrels?

18. buzzgunner

buzzgunner 180 gr. of diplomacy

If you're talking about the one with the wooden stock, third from the left, that's a British Lanchester Mk II. WW II vintage, chambered in 9mm.

19. omega

omega Very Tilted

Screenshot_20240314_182813_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20240314_182824_Gallery.jpg Picked up my new Stoeger STR 9 last night. Unfortunately the range is closed today because of the snowstorm we are having. Denver and the mountains are getting pounded. Msrp is 300, but there is a 50 dollar rebate available, figured 250 was worth it. According to my powerful google-fu, Stoeger is Turkish, but owned by Beretta. It even has that the import company is in Acoceek, MD, which my Beretta also claims. Reviewers claim it is a cross between a Glock and an M&P. To the point that people tried to fit Glock components into it (they do not). It certainly feels like my old work M&P. Because it is so inexpensive, it did not come with a second magazine. I'll have to find one. Hopefully I will have a range report soon.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Chris Noyb

Nice gun for a great price.

Every time I start thinking about replacing my Springfield XD-S 9 3.3 with something newer & better, I go to the range and the thoughts go away.

I've been thinking about a Stoeger coach shotgun, but since it would be basically a $450 range toy it's way down the list.

Instead I spent the money on a used Beretta CX-4 Storm 9mm. I haven't given it a decent workout yet, but was impressed by the accuracy (well, at 25 yards :rolleyes:, indoors range limit), & the way it ate a variety of ammo. I only have the Beretta 10 round mag (92), but plan to get factory 30 and an aftermarket 30. My Beretta case is supposed to be delivered tomorrow.