1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Recipe What is the recipe you are known for?

Discussion in 'Tilted Food' started by Borla, Aug 4, 2011.

1. Charlatan

Charlatan sous les pavés, la plage

Oddly, from a kid that grew up with a contempt for food, I have learned to not only love food, but get fairly competent at making it. I even got paid to work in the (televised) food space.

Friends think I am very good at a number of things food related. I know that I amokay but not great (I don't care enough to get great).

I would say that there are a couple things I am currently knowfor:

1) Delivering a Thanksgiving dinner to 50+ people.
    2) Thai Mussels
    3) Steak salad (it's very good)
    4) Mini vanilla cakes
    5) Assorted desserts

I am not cooking as much as I used to. Since my boy moved out of the house, I am left with people who don't want to eat. I am happy to report that the boy is making up for this by cooking all kinds of great food for himself (kimchi pork, Thai green curry, stews and chilies, etc.). He makes me proud. At his age, the height of my abilities was sloppy joes or Kraft Dinner with hot dogs.

2. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

I cook a mean meatsauce that we use for spaghetti, lasagna, eggplant parmesan.....basically any dish that calls for a tomatoe based meatsauce.

I'm also pretty good at beans--black eyed peas (a quick dinner using them frozen), pinto beans (overnight soak is a must), & butter (mature white lima) beans.

There are others as well.