1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Food What is your Favourite Meal(s)

Discussion in 'Tilted Food' started by Speed_Gibson, Aug 11, 2011.

1. DamnitAll

DamnitAll Wait... what?

So often out of reach, but I always crave a slaw dog from the Tellico Beach Drive-In.

More accessibly, I'm a permafan of grilled cheese sandwiches, breakfast sandwiches and silver dollar pancakes.

2. amonkie

amonkie Very Tilted

One of my hands down favorites is found right here in chicago - a Camembert cheese sandwich with avocado, tomato, dijon mustard on a fresh french baguette, with a side arugula salad.

3. Phi Eyed

Phi Eyed Getting Tilted

Pasta al carbonara, made the right way, with raw eggs and pancetta. Cold salad. Enough wine to enjoy the company of others.

4. DAKA

DAKA DOING VERY NICELY, THANK YOU

Lasagna with Bechamel sauce, I have become a Lasagna maven...most lasagna is just ordinary, but every so often there is that ONE SPECIAL one. oh yeah, in a small town in Italy I had a lasagna made with wild Boar meat...that was up there...
    Sometimes a baked potato rubbed with butter and rolled in Kosher salt before baking in the oven...(not nuked), really good Onion soup, or Mushroom and Barley soup...Sauerbratten with red cabbage and spaetzel in Franceskanner Beerhall Munich, with real German pretzels and mustard...(that's enough for now)

5. DamnitAll

DamnitAll Wait... what?

Oh, and I've totally had the Croque Madame from La Crêperie Key West on my mind lately, preceded by a Nutella and banana crepe. Only two and a half more months till I'll have both in my belly.

6. Lindy

Lindy Moderator Staff Member

I like Borla's style. I'll have:

Pan-fried calamari (no breading) with melted gorgonzola dip for an appetizer.
    A Caesar salad with romano instead of parmesan cheese, a few anchovy filets tossed on top
    A grilled delmonico ribeye steak, grassfed, about an inch thick, on the rare side of medium-rare, seasoned with salt, pepper, a little garlic powder.
    Oh, and fresh mushrooms sauteed in butter.
    Steamed cauliflower with garlic butter for a vegetable.
    Fresh lingonberries with unsweetened whipped cream for desert.
    I'll have some of that single malt scotch also. Neat. Make mine Laphroaig or Glenlivet.

Has probably only has about 30 grams carbs. Plenty of healthy fat to balance the big helping of protein. And made at home... not even especially expensive.:)

Lindy

7. Seer666

Seer666 Getting Tilted

my moms chicken kiev. I would eat that stuff 3 meals a day, 7 days a week.

8. EventHorizon

EventHorizon assuredly the cause of the angry Economy..

8oz tender juicy stead with grilled, slightly salty asparagus, some new england clam chowder, some fried calimari on the side, and a bottle of sweet german wine whose name escapes me at the moment