1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

What is your pointless talent?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by GeneticShift, Oct 13, 2012.

1. Cayvmann

Cayvmann Very Tilted

yay, I win!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Raghnar

Raghnar Getting Tilted

so maybe you're not pointless anymore... :O

• Like Like x 2
  3. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

I find this pointless...but fun...so, not pointless?
    I'm SO confused. :confused:

4. GeneticShift

GeneticShift Show me your everything is okay face.

This wasn't my intent, but I am so loving it.

5. Cayvmann

Cayvmann Very Tilted

D'oh!!!!!

6. Saltpork

Saltpork New Member

hmmm...let's see...
    -I can crack my ankles over and over and over
    -my reflexes are still super fast when it comes to falling objects
    -I can drink a lot of beer, get drunk, and no one notices that I'm drunk. Though maybe that's more indicative of a problem than a pointless talent.
    -I don't need directions home from anywhere, ever.

7. Fangirl

Fangirl Very Tilted

I thought of one!
    I'm really good at eyebrow-plucking.

• Like Like x 1
  8. MSD

MSD Very Tilted

Not pointless at all. Get thee up here and help me man-groom so I can get away from trial and error.

9. AlterMoose

AlterMoose Slightly Tilted

There may be those individuals who would insist on videographic evidence. :cool:
    --- merged: Nov 9, 2012 at 12:05 PM ---
    I can catch almost anything thrown to me or at me. Frequently without even looking directly at the object or its point of origin.
    I can twist and roll over in bed without disturbing the covers. Blows my wife's mind.
    I can scratch an itch on any spot on my back. Also blows my wife's mind. Annoys the shit out of her, too.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2012
  10. warrrreagl

warrrreagl Slightly Tilted

There is an arcade game in Panama City Beach, Florida that I should be banned from playing, because I can't lose. I don't know what the game is actually called, but Grancey and I call it "Clowney." Basically, you try to drop a ball into a revolving set of lights while weird circus music plays. If you hit the sweet spot, it shoots out 50 tickets that can be redeemed for worthless plastic crap. I learned how to time the ball-drop to coincide with a particular note in a particular phrase of the weird circus music, and I'm a winner every time.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

Memorizing nomenclature/statistics for small arms. At first it was just a hobby, then it became a potential job, then it went back to being just a hobby.

Seriously, point out a gun--any gun--and I've probably got a Pop-Up Video story associated with it. Gets even more amusing when I'm a little drunk.

"Fuckin' M4A1. We've already had a M4A1. You can't use the same nomenclature. Fuck, did those geniuses at Colt run out of numbers and letters?"

"When the hell are they gonna realize that sidearms aren't just superfluous belt candy? Had a kid carrying a M240B and a carbine. It was ridiculous."

• Like Like x 1
  12. warrrreagl

warrrreagl Slightly Tilted

I forgot about this talent - instantly figuring sale prices in my head. Whenever Grancey goes shopping, my job is to follow closely enough to not crowd her, but be available to calculate sale prices instantly for her.

HER: This is $85 on sale at 80% off - how much?
    ME: $17.

I can do it so fast that even sales clerks express amazement.

13. Fangirl

Fangirl Very Tilted

Haha. The pointless part is that I use 40 minutes a day on it, beginning when I was age 13.
    Turns out not resembling a Wookie is addicting!

14. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

This is why I started waxing. Less grow back over time. I had a horrible unibrow once upon a time. I inherited my dad's big bushy eyebrows. I have to trim them once a week or so in addition to the waxing and plucking. I love my Tweezermans.

15. mb99usa

mb99usa Getting Tilted

I guess my pointless talent would be giving a great back rub. Maybe not so pointless since it provides pleasure to the receiver and I enjoy giving them, but outside of my personal relationships it does not provide any real return.

16. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

posting adult science jokes... :)

• Like Like x 1
  17. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

Making me laugh is not a pointless talent.

18. DamnitAll

DamnitAll Wait... what?

More old thread resurrection. Thought of some of these:

I can wiggle each eyebrow independently.
    I can wiggle my ears simultaneously and my left on its own.
    I have near perfect pitch.
    I can play the William Tell Overture like this:

• Like Like x 1
  19. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

Hat stretching...

• Like Like x 1
  20. I can marathon on Netflix like nobody's business.

I also play a mean stereo.