1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Food What kind of beer drinker are you?

Discussion in 'Tilted Food' started by Borla, Aug 27, 2011.

1. greywolf

greywolf Slightly Tilted

One of my few regrets about 28+ years of teetotalling is that I loved beer... I really did/still do. But the variety of beers available back when I indulged was so much more limited. I keep thinking that I should try and catch up on all that I've missed over the years. But then I just take a big breath and sigh... a sign of real maturity (5 points to anyone who knows the origin of that).

2. psykosis

psykosis Getting Tilted

Bruery is releasing Oude Tart today, and Jolly Pumpkin has La Roja Grand Reserve and Lúpulo de Hielo are coming out soon. Oh, and Founders Canadian Breakfast Stout is out Oct 1st too.

My wallet can't handle this.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Remixer

Remixer Middle Eastern Doofus

I think we have a similar thread to this? Let me find it.

4. Remixer

I didn't find it, which is very odd to me. I'm sure I wrote a comment on this forum on which beers I like and don't like.

Regardless, I am a fan of mostly German white beers (especially Jever). Lately, I've grown to like Japan's Asahi and Singapore's Tiger beers.

Really dislike Australian beers, except Hahn Premium which is alright to me.

5. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

It was on the page before this one, Remixer.

6. Remixer

Goddamnit.

7. psykosis

psykosis Getting Tilted

lol
    --- merged: Sep 13, 2011 4:42 PM ---
    Here's a glass of Blushing Monk from Founders I took earlier this year. I LOVE this beer. I just wish it wasn't so limited in production. I only have two bottles left.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  8. snowy

That looks delicious.

9. psykosis

psykosis Getting Tilted

It is. It's like a dry raspberry juice almost. It completely hides the alcohol too, which is a very dangerous trait with this beer.

10. snowy

That is one of the things I find sneaky about Lindeman's raspberry lambic. It's like soda.

11. psykosis

psykosis Getting Tilted

Indeed!

I think I'll pop the cork on a bottle of Supplication tonight. I need a good beer...

12. DamnitAll

DamnitAll Wait... what?

13. No stout for me thanks, but I did try some Porter a couple of weeks back.

14. Tophat665

Tophat665 Slightly Tilted

I don't care for Rauchbier. Not a big fan of Dry Stout. Other than that, anything.
    I brew Stouts and porters and Browns and milds and Bitters and IPAs, Scotch Ales and Weizens and Berliner Weisse and Fruit beers. I'll drink and enjoy everything from Bud Lite to Sam Smith's Imperial Stout to Arrogant Bastard to Duchesse du Bourgogne to Liepziger Gose.
    To the extent that I have a preference, I prefer ales to lagers, but there are so many good lagers that it would be like saying I prefer Rock to Classical - Both awesome, but I listen to more Rock.

15. snowy

Tell me more about your Berliner Weisse. I have a bottle of the Bruery's Hottenroth Berliner Weisse that I am sitting on in order to harvest the dregs. My husband and I go back and forth about what kind of sour we want to brew, but I love Berliner Weisse (mit schuss, bitte). We have an idea of brewing one and then making a schuss to go with it out of rhubarb.

We are planning on brewing a clone of North Coast's Brother Thelonius this weekend.

16. Tophat665

Tophat665 Slightly Tilted

I do a really simple Berliner. Here's the URL to the recipe: http://gammahootch.emptycorridors.com/?p=60
    Food grade lactic acid and a PH monitor are the key. It's much easier to control than mucking about with lactobacillus, and it doesn't run the risk of infecting the equipment.

17. snowy

We are probably going to go for lacto when we do ours. We have multiple sets of equipment already, so I am not really worried about it, and Brew magazine had a great rundown on sanitation for sours this month.

18. psykosis

psykosis Getting Tilted

Waiting to bottle my trappist cider this week. I also need to bottle my IPA this weekend.

19. snowy

Hubby ended up brewing an abbey and a pumpkin porter this weekend. The initial samples tasted great, so we will see what they are like after fermentation.

20. DamnitAll

DamnitAll Wait... what?

For everyone, from the snobs: