1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Food What kind of beer drinker are you?

Discussion in 'Tilted Food' started by Borla, Aug 27, 2011.

1. superdave

superdave New Member

Wheat beer

• Like Like x 1
  2. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

My hubby just bottled his Brother Thelonius clone. We have two other Abbeys in the fridge waiting for a tasting. I love Belgians.

3. Zen

Zen Very Tilted

Went to the Choir Annual Christmas Dinner last night, and discovered a Fuller's beer called Bengal Lancers. 5% proof.
    It had a strong taste of ingredients .... not generic wee wee.
    That taste was able to remain constant and satisfying from initial sip - cool from the cask, to final sip - nearly room temperature.
    I'll definitely choose it over Pride, if it's there.

this Minute ... welllll .... I am drinking my Crabbies Alcoholic ginger beer ... but have mixed it with Carr's NON alcoholic ginger beer, which has a very strong ginger taste. I am likely to buy some fresh root ginger, crush it, and add it to the drink. I'm reckoning Crabbies has potential for being a great base for a variety of Winter drinks, and also for drinks to dose self with when down with bad cold and flu.

Crabbies with crushed root ginger, crushed garlic, cloves, lemon juice, honey, and garammassala spices. And a bit of Crabbies ginger wine to fortify it. That is a possibility.

4. cornelius70

cornelius70 New Member

I like most beers except stouts and porters. I just had one this weekend from Rogue that was a Bacon Maple Ale.... I have to admit, I'm wasn't sure what to expect but it was pretty good if you're a fan of the doughnut.

• Like Like x 1
  5. ralphie250

ralphie250 Fully Erect Donor

cold

• Like Like x 1
  6. Mr Hat

Mr Hat New Member

Pretty much any beer except for the lite watery commercial crap. I have a big preference for darker beers, ales and stouts. One of the greatest food and beverage combinations I discovered is a good stout and homemade chocolate brownies.

7. Tophat665

Tophat665 Slightly Tilted

Wednesday was the "Imperial" Competition at my homebrew club. Imperial Stouts and IPAs and Baltic Porters (Imperial Pilsner would have worked too, but nobody brought one. Should have brought a brown porter and called it an imperial mild, but I digress.). On consideration, I really do love a good imperial stout. One that goes for fullness and a touch of sweetness with dark fruit and toffee and a touch of complexity in the malt bill, and some nice esters.

• Like Like x 1
  8. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

One of my all-time favorite beers is Old Rasputin on nitro. Soooo delicious.

• Like Like x 1
  9. wyopen

wyopen Getting Tilted

Fat Tire

• Like Like x 1
  10. im2smrt4u

im2smrt4u Vertical

My beer of choice right now is Sierra Nevada Celebration. Such a great value!

• Like Like x 2
  11. Tophat665

Tophat665 Slightly Tilted

That reminds me. It's been years since I have had Sam Smith's Celebration Ale. Needs must get a few bottles.