1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

What movie is this from??

Discussion in 'Tilted Entertainment' started by Lindy, Jan 20, 2016.

1. Lindy

Lindy Moderator Staff Member

Please help me with this. Has anyone seen the movie that's the source of this musical clip? Judging by the actors and performers it might be a Korean production. From the facial expressions and micro-gestures of the musicians, who are playing from memory, this wedding is an emotional event for them, (look at the tuba player's face at :17) not just another gig.

At 2:00 minute mark, and again at 4:30 a man shown in the audience looks emotionally crushed and totally devastated, perhaps the suitor that lost out? The wedding couple is looking mostly out rather than at each other. At 3:45 the lead trumpet's (who looks like he has cast iron chops) has a name tag that reads 'KWON.' The full dress military uniforms are ornate, but have no markings to denote rank. Why?

And, why does this matter to me? I don't know. I ran across this video completely by accident, and it just grabbed at me.

I'm not much of a movie watcher, so I don't have a clue, but what is this clip from?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxuIS5Zh6o8

2. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

The film is most likely Korean. "Kwon" is a Korean family name. Also, the video is posted by someone named "Jung," which is another Korean name.

I looked around a bit, but I couldn't find anything else about this film.

EDIT: BANG! Got it!

"..."... Seoul International Family Film Festival +++ Sifff2010 "..."..."..."...

Last edited: Jan 21, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Lindy

Thank you @Baraka_Guru for your efforts on my behalf. I was just obsessing on that clip. I also passed your info on to a college friend who went on to become a career military bandsman.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

You're welcome. I was keen on looking into is, as I've dabbled in Korean culture over the past few years given that I study hapkido and one of my instructors is Korean. My other instructor studied hapkido in Korea for a couple of years. We've had some Korean students too.

Another fellow classmate of mine studied (education) in Korea for a couple of years and learned hapkido when she was over there. She's been trying to get me hooked on K-pop, and it's kind of working.

View: https://youtu.be/j7_lSP8Vc3o

View: https://youtu.be/AAbokV76tkU

• Like Like x 2
  5. redravin

redravin Cynical Optimist Donor

I was introduced to EXO the by a friend who is into K-Pop.
    Mixed feelings and all.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Lindy

One of my best college friends was Korean, but adopted in the USA as an infant. The only think Korean about him was his appearance. He loved horseback riding, rodeos, Western Swing, drove a Ford pickup, played guitar and baseball... When people asked him where he was from he always said "Muskogee, y'know, just south of Tulsa.":p

He knew nothing about Korean culture, and back then (the mid 1990s) had no interest in it either. That may have changed. After high school his Mom took him on a trip to Korea (to get in touch with his "roots.") He was extremely annoyed that because of the way he looked, everyone automatically assumed he spoke Korean, of which he knew about six words.:rolleyes:

As far as Clark was concerned, his roots were in Oklahoma.:)