1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

What should I do while I'm in XX City???

Discussion in 'Tilted Entertainment' started by ZombieSquirrel, May 29, 2014.

• Like Like x 1
  1. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

You've been totally domesticated.

What happened to you?

• Like Like x 1

2. Someone stole my scissors. It's like Samson's hair. (Although I'm more like Delilah.)

3. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

I see (nay, make that saw) you as more of a Zenobia, but whatevs.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2014
  4. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

I may have to spend half a day in Cincinnati later this month. Not sure yet what time I'll have, if any, but curious if any of our OH natives have thoughts?

5. Cincinnati or the surrounding area?

6. Borla

Details are still sketchy. I'll likely have one meeting near Owensboro, KY. Then I'll need to be in Middletown, OH a day or so later. Not sure yet on the timing of everything, and if I'll be hustling from one to the other, or have basically a day. When given the choice, I prefer to be in a larger city and grab lunch or dinner at a cool/unique spot. I usually get to visit Louisville once or twice a year already (and like it), but I've never really spent any time in Cincy. So, if I have the time to spend a few hours somewhere, I was thinking of staying in Cincy the night before I had to be in Middletown.

7. @borla

Because you're a food and drink kind of guy:

You like dead cow and pig, so: The Boathouse | Montgomery Inn
    It's not the swankiest of places, but it's pretty famous for its BBQ. The original restaurant is probably out of your way.

There's always Skyline or Gold Star if you want something Cheap and Fast.

I still haven't been to this brewery yet: Moerlein Lager House | Celebrate The Past. Taste The Future.

Over the Rhine used to be a sketchy place, but now I hear it is up and coming and there's a brewery district: OTR Brewery District | Cincinnati, OH

Oldest bar in Cincinnati: Arnold's Bar and Grill
    I used to go see shows there every now and then.

Adonis is closed, but I hear The Dock is still open. I'll let you just google those places.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Borla

Cool, I'll take a look at those. :cool: Mostly it will depend on my schedule and how much time I have (or don't have). Ideally I'll spend the night somewhere there and have an evening to check some things out.

9. HOLY FUCK! AVOID MIDDLETOWN!!!! Unless you want to score some heroin.
    (I may or may not have grown up there)

AK Steel is the only major industry there. Why else would you go? My brother used to live in Owensboro, KY. Hmm....Are you going to paper mills? My brother now works for one back in Middletown. (Hated Owensboro so he moved back to Ohio. Family doesn't live in M-Town at least.)

Look out for giant Jesus on I-75. It's the exit south of Middletown. There's also a a Hustler store there. I took @cinnamongirl there once....

PM me any details and I'll help you out.

10. Borla

Well, considering I'm in the steel industry....

I'm not visiting AK Steel (they are a supplier of my company) specifically, but the associated steel processing companies in the area are why I'm going to likely be in the area.

Maybe I'll just take your brother out drinking and get some dirt on you.

11. There is quite the cluster of businesses surrounding AK.

BrotherSquirrel won't like you.

12. Borla

You are just scared we'd be besties.

13. He's an idiot. You're an idiot. You belong together.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Borla

Looks like the Cincy/Middletown leg of the trip is postponed, at least until Jan. Still looks like Louisville is in the works though.

15. PonyPotato

PonyPotato Very Tilted

I live near Cincy now. It would be nice if someone visited me.

16. Borla

Which direction from Cincy? The date the trip will now fall on is up in the air. Looks like the first full week of Jan, but I don't know what day, and I don't know what commitments i may have for dinner with business associates. But I can keep you posted if you'd like.

17. PonyPotato

PonyPotato Very Tilted

I am in Newport, so just across the river to the south. I'd appreciate it if you let me know. Still have my phone number?

18. Borla

Yup, just double checked, still in my phone. Once I know more I'll let you know. Hopefully I'll know by next week, but this particular project hasn't been going as planned, so we'll see. But even if the timing is delayed it is fairly inevitable that I'll be out there at some point this winter or spring.

• Like Like x 1
  19. It will be a horrible sad trip.... unless you get to see @PonyPotato

• Like Like x 1