1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

What should I do while I'm in XX City???

Discussion in 'Tilted Entertainment' started by ZombieSquirrel, May 29, 2014.

1. redravin

redravin Cynical Optimist Donor

Sadly the main place I'd want to go in Japan is in Tokyo not Osaka.
    It's Yoyogi Park.
    On the weekends there is one of biggest collections of rockabilly and psycobilly rockers in the world.
    You can see Elvis impersonators and dance to music from the Del Shannons and Lee Rocker.

• Like Like x 1
  2. girldetective

girldetective Getting Tilted

In Osaka, you might choose to visit temples and shrines and parks, seek out antique stores and noodle shops, go to the food markets (fish).
    Mind you, I have never been to Japan but those are things I might do. When I travel I sometimes like to behave as if I live there, getting down an everyday sort of routine while touristing it around. I suppose a lot will depend on weather, transport, moods, and so forth, but with DaddySquirrel there youll be in good hands. Have a blast!

• Like Like x 1
  3. scotchwesty New Member

I will be in Damman, Saudi Arabia in the second week of March. I would love to hear of any tips the forum could give...........

4. I'll be in Albuquerque this weekend for a wedding. (Actually, Santa Fe for the wedding, but staying in ABQ to be near a childhood friend.)

I won't be there too long and will be pretty occupied with the wedding and visiting my childhood friend. Her son's birthday is Friday, so we'll be celebrating.

We need to know a good Dinner spot on Thursday. Lunch on Saturday. My friend will be the tour guide for us on Friday.

5. Lindy

Lindy Moderator Staff Member

I spent a week in NM back in March.

Where are you staying? ABQ is really spread out.

For dinner, Monroe's on Lomas Blvd NW is great and has plenty of vegetarian choices. The original on Lomas is better than the new one on Osuna NE.
    Not too far away is Pueblo Harvest Cafe on 12th NW. Great New Mexican food and huge portions.

And for lunch there's a great little place called Mary and Tito's in the Near North Valley on 4th NW not far off of I40. It's been around forever, and my mom waitressed there in the early seventies.:rolleyes: It's New Mexican Cuisine, not fancy but authentic. Still good when I ate there a few weeks ago.

My mom is from New Mexico, and ABQ is one of my homes away from home.:)

Last edited: Apr 18, 2016
  6. ASU2003

ASU2003 Very Tilted

Visit to Old Town in Albuquerque. It's been a while since I've been there, but I liked that city.

I'm going to Honolulu, Hawaii for 4 days next month. I know the big things to do, snorkel, checking out Pearl Harbor, and the international market, but I have no idea what else to do there. I wasn't really planning to go there anytime soon. What else should I do and see?

7. --- merged: Apr 19, 2016 at 12:51 PM ---
    My friend mentioned that. We might go there if we have time. I really want to go to the Natural History Museum because they have Dinosaurs and my daughter loves dinosaurs.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2016
  8. Stan

Stan Resident Dumbass

I'll second or third the suggestion of old town Albuquerque, particularly if you are there on a Sunday. They used to have ad-hoc jewelry sales in the town park there (on Sun) with Navajo grandmas selling silver jewelry off a blanket. Really, really ethnic and interesting.

Sadie's Cantina had amazing food. Gotta love a place where pickup trucks held together with barb wire and BMWs are parked side by side.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Lindy

Lindy Moderator Staff Member

From the airport area, if you take Lomas Blvd or Central Ave (old Route 66) to the museum, you will go right past/thru Old Town and its plaza.

I was disapointed in Sadie's. I went with my mouth all set for some camerones ranchera (shrimp) but they had no fish or seafood whatsoever on the menu. Zilch. Nada.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2016
  10. That's unfortunate. I do eat fish and seafood now and LOVE shrimp, especially in Mexican food.

I am more hesitant to have seafood the farther inland I go. Only living an hour from the coast has made me spoiled.