1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest!
The donation button is here.
https://goo.gl/aFggcs
Dismiss Notice
Guest, some new updates and fixes were done. Please let staff know if anything is funky or wonky!!!

What video games are you currently playing?

Discussion in 'Tilted Entertainment' started by Ice|Burn, Aug 2, 2011.

1. Shadowex3

Shadowex3 Very Tilted

If you've written off your 360 you could always try casemodding to add fans or something.

2. CinnamonGirl

CinnamonGirl The Cheat is GROUNDED! Donor

I haven't had the money to get my desktop fixed (going to other endeavors for now), so still playing a LOT of Majesty on my laptop. Tried Rise of Nations today, though, and even though it takes forever to load, gameplay itself runs okay. World domination, here I come!

Last edited: Aug 14, 2017
  3. martian

martian Server Monkey Staff Member

I still need to build a new gaming desktop. My laptop came with a GTX 960M so it's reasonably competent, but I'm kind of intrigued by VR stuff and that's not going to happen with that GPU. I mean, it can barely manage current gen games and stuff on a normal screen.

Today I priced out a Threadripper build but things got silly pretty quickly. I don't think I'll be going that route. The Ryzen 7s look neat and I think I can do a whole system for less than $3k and still end up in the performance ballpark I want to be in. A Ryzen 7 with 1080ti and some arbitrary stupid amount of RAM ought to do it. An M.2 PCIe SSD is a stretch goal.

I keep meaning to do it but then I think well new hardware is just around the corner and my laptop still does pretty okay, so I don't. But new hardware is always just around the corner. I guess maybe I just don't need one and am too cheap frugal to spend that much money on a "nice-to-have."

In terms of games I have actually been playing, I finished Fallout 3 and have been in a sort of limbo ever since. I could do a run through New Vegas I suppose. In the last couple of days I've put more time into Fire Emblem on my 3DS than anything else.

4. Remixer

Remixer Middle Eastern Doofus Donor

No idea if you're into this type of game @martian , but might wanna check out the Deus Ex series. Specifically Human Revolution and Mankind Divided.

5. martian

martian Server Monkey Staff Member

I did Human Revolution when it came out. I also did the original Deux Ex when it came out, because I am old. Mankind Divided I have not gotten to yet. I will check it out.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Shadowex3

Shadowex3 Very Tilted

New hardware IS always just around the corner but sometimes it's not worth it and sometimes it's insanely worth it, like the difference between the Pentiums and Core 2 line when they first came out or the difference between the mobile 10 series and mobile 900 series nvidia cards.

7. Remixer

Remixer Middle Eastern Doofus Donor

SO made me get on with buying Horizon: Zero Dawn. Heard great things about it but kept forgetting to bother. Gonna check it out sometime in the coming weeks.