1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

What video games are you currently playing?

Discussion in 'Tilted Entertainment' started by Ice|Burn, Aug 2, 2011.

1. highjinx

highjinx "My phobia drowned while i was gettin' down."

hey baraka-

get back at us on this thread with your feedback and if you give it the green light i'd consider revisiting our failed swtor adventures there. have fun.

2. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

Will do. It sounds promising. As I implied, the Conan game was serviceable compared to the Star Wars one even before the upgrade. I'm expecting it to be even better now, no matter how marginal the change is.

I remember it well. I didn't even have the FPS to follow you. :oops:

3. Remixer

Remixer Middle Eastern Doofus

For such a knowledgeable guy you're pretty slow on the uptake, huh? Nobody ever trusts the minimum requirements. :p

Oh man. Don't tell me Canada has a bandwidth limit as well?

I hated it back in Australia and love that Germany, Afghanistan and the UAE don't have any limits.

4. Baraka_Guru

No, no. I never viewed them as purely scientific or the gospel. For the longest time, they were actually pretty useful guidelines for the machines I've had. Only more recently have they been pretty much useless to me.

Nothing in legislation or anything. Our service provider will charge us more if we want to go above 60GB/month.

5. Remixer

Remixer Middle Eastern Doofus

Yeah, Aussie ISPs do the same. They charge a higher rate once you pass the limit, make you pay a set amount per GB extra, or cut your internet speed to 64 or 128 kbps.

Germany? 50 mbps down/4 mbps up for 40€/month and without any limit whatsoever.

6. Punk.of.Ages

Punk.of.Ages Getting Tilted

There's a couple internet services here in Utah that have limits and charge more if you pass them.

They're just the super fast fiberoptic internet providers though.

7. EventHorizon

EventHorizon assuredly the cause of the angry Economy..

mount and blade. i love conquering me some civilizations

8. highjinx

how's conan shaping up?

9. Baraka_Guru

I haven't gotten too far into it yet. I went was far as the "true test," which was get to the first major city/player area.

Unforch, similar problems occurred in these areas: choppy lag, preceded by long loading times for textures. Earlier on it seemed the performance was better. I won't have a verdict until I strike out in some of the instances/dungeons/questing areas. I'm not going to hold any high hopes. I think the performance will only be marginally better based on what I've seen. However, it will essentially make it a bit more playable and probably worth it in the end—just not ideal.

I can see where they've made changes for people like me: tweaks in the advanced graphics settings where you can bring down the viewing distances of a wide number of textures so that it makes you feel like you're near-sighted. I think it helps though. I'm just not fully sure whether the city life in the game will be that playable.

It's a fun game though. Maybe I'll play it some more tonight or this weekend to see if the total experience is improved or not. I'll at least be able to compare it to SW:TOR in terms of whether performance is a dealbreaker.

10. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

11. highjinx

hmm ok... i'm gonna have some time this weekend which is why i asked. if i don't break down and buy guild wars 2 for the beta access maybe ill hit up conan. get back at me which server and faction i should do in case we meet up.

12. Baraka_Guru

I think I'm on the Set server. There aren't many servers. I think I'm on the only U.S. PvE/non-RP server. I'll confirm with you before the weekend.

As for faction, I haven't ever gotten far enough to where you pick a faction, so I'm factionless at the moment. It's not like WoW or SW:TOR where it's Us vs. Them based on your race or class. I read somewhere that it's kind of like Guild Wars. There a number of factions you can join at some point.

13. cynthetiq

cynthetiq Administrator Staff Member Donor

dammit, I'm trying to play Diablo 3. I haven't had any time at all.

zero. even my buddy got to level 18 before I did and he just started playing last week!

14. Baraka_Guru

15. highjinx

16. Punk.of.Ages

Punk.of.Ages Getting Tilted

Magicka
    This game is awesome. The way you combine elements to create hundreds of powerful (and not so powerful) spells gives it a totally original gameplay style. The ability to group up with friends online and combine your spells (often with disastrous results) give it immense replay value. I picked it up with all of its DLC on sale through Steam for a mere $6.00 (now it will run you about $20.00). It's definitely the best purchase I've made in a while.

Magic: The Gathering - Tactics
    A free-to-play online version of M:TG where you actually spawn your creatures and cast your spells with a planeswalker you create (kind of) on a 3D grid. It's a fun game to casually play with friends. It gives you a few good starter decks to play with, a chapter of solo play adventures to go on and make some gold to buy some additional cards with, and the ability to challenge people online without spending a dime. In order to get the good stuff, you have to put some money into it, though. At first I was thinking about dropping some money because booster boxes of cards were only $32.50 (as opposed to the $100 - $150 you pay for physical cards), but they hiked the prices up and now it's just not worth it to me to restart my whole M:TG collection digitally.

I really wish Magic would find a way to give you the cards you already own physically on their digital games. It would be awesome to watch my golem token deck go to town on somebody in the format this game offers...

17. cynthetiq

cynthetiq Administrator Staff Member Donor

Diablo 3 with a new 680 GTX... holy shit it's like a new game again.

• Like Like x 1
  18. 680GTX!!?!! So jealous.

Playing Diablo 3, Mass Effect 3, Skyrim, and League of Legends.

Waiting for The Secret World.

19. martian

martian Server Monkey Staff Member

I went for the 670. Two thirds the price, 90% of the performance. Seemed like a better bang to buck ratio.

And I don't even play Diablo III. In fact, I think the most recent game in my collection is Arkham City... at least I'm thoroughly future-proofed.

• Like Like x 1
  20. b2653009 Slightly Tilted

I beat ME3 a month or two ago, and just redid the ending to see the edited epilogue...awesome stuff. :)
    Now I'm back to killing zombies, and playing SW:TOR again. Rumour has it TOR will soon be Free to Play! And, they just did update 1.3, it fixed up a ton of graphics issues and crashes and bugs, and other great stuff!
    Just gotta keep busy until Bioshock Infinite comes out........tick...tock...*sighs*

• Like Like x 1