1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

What video games are you currently playing?

Discussion in 'Tilted Entertainment' started by Ice|Burn, Aug 2, 2011.

1. Python

Python Getting Tilted

I just got a GTX 670 as well, the Gainward "Phantom" variant. When it runs it clocks itself higher than a stock 680 with good temps, and at a lower cost. Thought about getting the 680 but several reviews on-line (and even Nvidia's home page) claimed much better bang for the buck with the 670.

Edit: Was playing Saints Row 3 a few days ago, now I'm having fun with Skyrim again.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2012
  2. Cayvmann

Cayvmann Very Tilted

I'm playing Redneck Rampage. Went to good old games (gog.com) and they have a bunch of retro games that you can play on your modern pc box. There's even a few Amiga games for those with that nostalgic bent.

3. highjinx

highjinx "My phobia drowned while i was gettin' down."

• Like Like x 1
  4. cynthetiq

cynthetiq Administrator Staff Member Donor

Yeah I would normally be buying the 2nd tier cards. It is a great card and pricing, not to mention they had stock! I had to wait for them so long.

The 480 was and still is a great card. It just started choking on 25 man instances dropping to about 10 fps making people pissed off at the healer not healing and letting people die or healer dies because cannot see what she is standing in.

I really thought I was going to drop back down to the x70 but we had originally promised to upgrade the whole rig I figured it was a good thing to do until the mono gets upgraded maybe next year

5. CinnamonGirl

CinnamonGirl The Cheat is GROUNDED!

I've been on a major nostalgia kick the past few days (well, more so than usual.) Got DOSBox going again, and I've been rotating through Secret Agent, God of Thunder, and Commander Keen: Goodbye Galaxy. I sort of feel like I should be in my mom's basement, blasting Journey and the Eagles. Hmmm. At any rate, good times, good times.

6. highjinx

i just started up borderlands again with a steam buddy. i'm finally going to get to play through all the dlc. man, what a great game; still up there with my favorites ever on gameplay and graphics... the cel shaded animated look ages real well. i can't wait for the sequel to come out in a couple months.

7. SuburbanZombie

SuburbanZombie Housebroken

The last PC game I played was The Witcher. Didn't get very far in it either as the machine was old and clunky. Couldn't handle the graphics.

8. highjinx

i started that game and even with my decent 460gtx and a smooth framerate, i thought it was pretty meh-tastic. dragon age runs on the same engine and i much prefer that game even though i didn't get all the way through either.

9. thristydevil

thristydevil New Member

My pc is to old specification
    that why I play hitman contracts , hitman silent assassin ,conflict global storm ,conflict desert storm ,delta force ,counter strike ,strong hold ,crazy taxi ,gta vice city and all like this.

10. Punk.of.Ages

Punk.of.Ages Getting Tilted

Bought Darksiders yesterday because I saw the badass trailer for Darksiders II and decided I better get caught up.

This games is pretty fuckin' awesome...

11. Witcher is an awesome game though if you can get it to run smooth.

Im currently playing The Secret World but am only about 10 hours into it.

12. samcol

samcol Getting Tilted

friend got me hooked on dayz. it's a multiplayer zombie apocalypse mod for arma2. best way i could describe is like left for dead/skyrim/battlefield.

zombies are npcs and the survivors are players. the game is very hardcore because there is no respawning like other fps games. you start with no weapons and have to scavenge for food, gear, and weapons which can take anywhere from 10 minutes to an hour or more to get decently geared up. when you die someone loots your corpse and you have to start all over again. the map literally takes an hour to run across, and although there are vehicles you have to find and repair them.

i cant remember a game that gave me a rush like this one does. stalking someone for 3o minutes to get a kill is so rewarding. also not seeing another player for 2 hours just to get axed in the back in a barn out in the middle of no where is crazy.

with that being said it's still in alpha. pretty buggy although very playble, and the inventory system is shit.

13. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

Civ IV. It's free to play with my Gamefly subscription.

14. Remixer

Remixer Middle Eastern Doofus

Prototype 2, and occasionally Battlefield 3 and Left 4 Dead 2.

15. FrankieZee

FrankieZee Vertical

Been playing Torchlight a lot the last few days in anticipation of Torchlight 2. Fun little action/rpg set up like Diablo but with a little more cartoon style graphics. Plus it's cheaper.

16. evaderum

evaderum Getting Tilted

I've been playing League of Legends since it's free and I have a number of friends that play it as well. I'd probably play more games, but I don't really have the budget for it right now. Not to mention that my computer is getting old with it's single core cpu and 1gb ram.

17. highjinx

i wish they'd give us a date to look forward to for that one.

18. FrankieZee

FrankieZee Vertical

Yeah, can pre order on Steam, but I don't remember seeing a release date last time I checked.

19. Punk.of.Ages

Punk.of.Ages Getting Tilted

It still just says summer 2012. We're almost past that now...

20. cynthetiq

cynthetiq Administrator Staff Member Donor

my god... Walking Dead.

You know all those morality questions that they pose in the show? Yeah, you get to make them, and live with the consequences. The game adapts the story. Holy fuck!
    --- merged: Aug 11, 2012 4:47 AM ---
    holy shit.... I just finished episode 1, and my god.... the story so far is as good as any episode of the TV series. Herschel is in the game too!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2012