1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

What was this band ?

Discussion in 'Tilted Art, Photography, Music & Literature' started by boink, Jul 12, 2023.

1. boink

boink Slightly Tilted

I don't know, it's not a trick question.

Time is the early days of Mtv. Like first couple years or so.
    Band was British, looked like Lords of Flatbush(movie)
    They had thick lower class British accents and were a little hard to understand.
    They had maybe 2-3 videos on the channel at most.
    Sound was fairly punk rock, maybe drunken Clash sounding. Not political themes or anything. That's about all I got.
    4 greaser haired dudes in black motorcycle jackets and boots, blue jeans. Maybe one had a hat like Brando in the Wild One. Maybe a bit like the Stray Cats but I don't remember instruments, I just remember a comedic tint and drunken behavior in their vids.
    I'd say Adam and the Ants were on regular rotation then too.
    These guys were just a one or two hit wonder.

Who were these guys ? I've looked on utube for early mtv bands/vids but I haven't seen anything yet.

2. fflowley

fflowley Don't just do something, stand there!

I'l be thinking about this one.
    Judas Priest doesn't quite fit the bill.
    The Alarm?

3. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

The images I found don't fit the description. Not much on hats, would mess up their meticulously wild '80s punk hair :p.

4. Joelski

Joelski Vertical

Golden Earring? A pic would be helpful.

• Like Like x 1
  5. boink

boink Slightly Tilted

It's not anything you all have suggested yet.
    They had 50's motorcycle gang hair, not flock of seagulls or anything.
    They had drunken rowdy behavior and like I said really thick British accent.
    I dunno, maybe they only had two videos...
    The songs maybe crap, but somehow the memory came back and I was just trying to find at least one vid again.
    Apparently they didn't worm their way into anyone's ear here.

6. fflowley

fflowley Don't just do something, stand there!

Please don't tell me it's the Sex Pistols.
    Are they along those lines though?

7. boink

boink Slightly Tilted

Oh not the sex pistols...how could one forget them ?
    I've got a few playlists I've found on utube that seem to be mostly or all British early 80's that I can look though 150-400 song lists so I'll look though those this weekend. The lists say "best of" and I don't think anyone thought these guys were best of anything. Also don't think that if I do find one song it'll be all that great...
    I was triggered to this watching an old Alfred Hitchcock hour with James Cann and they guy who played Checkov on original star trek as 50's gang members.

If anyone remembers the movie Lords of Flatbush with Sylvester Stallone, that's what they looked like, but skinny and a little more punkish.

8. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

That Hitchcock episode was on free antenna TV two or three nights ago. Beware the Barons!

9. redravin

redravin Cynical Optimist Donor

These guys are considered to be a slept on group.
    Some of them went on to found X.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Tenpole Tudor - Wunderbar

View: https://youtu.be/3bx7QFFlV9M

Is this it? If not, any other hints, anything at all would help me help you? :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. boink

boink Slightly Tilted

DUDE !! Toaster if this was a contest you win !!
    I was actually starting to think there was little pirate in there but it's medieval knights !

After scanning utube for a couple of 45 minuet sessions I got kinda tired of the search again.
    Thanks so much for bumping with an answer !

I had really run out of hints or keywords to search by. Anything more would be peripheral vision memory and totally unreliable.
    Thanks again I'll be looking for more to satisfy this itch a bit more..
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 22, 2023, Original Post Date: Jul 22, 2023 ---
    Yeah, 50's style hair which is kinda punk rock as well as the leathers mixed into the chainmail knight costume....gangs all here kinda group cheer/drinking sort of song.
    Thick accent can't really understand...
    It's all there.

• Like Like x 2
    • Lovely Lovely x 1
  12. redravin

redravin Cynical Optimist Donor

Great job.

• Like Like x 1
  13. boink

boink Slightly Tilted

I forgot we have a thread winner button
    Fixed that...thanks again !

• Like Like x 2
  14. YAY! So happy to help. These earworms can get annoying when we don't know the band ahahhaa

• Like Like x 1