1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest!
The donation button is here.
https://goo.gl/aFggcs

What was your first car?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Frankie, Dec 4, 2018.

1. Frankie

Frankie Getting Tilted

my first car was a 1965 Pontiac GTO. I paid 150.00 for it in 1972. It was white with a red interior it had a four speed stick shift and a 389 cubic in. Motor. I know this car is pretty valuable today but I sold it in 73 for 350.00.

• Like Like x 1
  2. ralphie250

ralphie250 Fully Erect Donor

My first car was a 1986 Ford F150 it was two wheel drive it had the inline 6. You could not beat that thing it was a 4-speed with a granny low. Me and that thing had more fun in the mud then you could ever imagine if there was a mud hole we were finding it.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  3. Lindy

Lindy Moderator Staff Member Donor

I learned how to drive in a 1973 Gremlin. In Kansas you could get a School Permit at age 14, for school and activities only. But nobody paid much attention to that part. My Great Uncle was an AMC dealer in Dodge City, so a lot of family drove AMC cars. Gremmie was a great car, a six cylinder three-speed stick and had A/C.

• Like Like x 2
  4. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member Donor

First car I drove was a 80’s Buick Skylark
    First car I bought was a Daihatsu Charade hatchback (new)

That Daihatsu lasted me for years
    It was amazingly versatile
    I drove all my friends to concerts in it
    And it was surprisingly fast.
    I was a maniac in it.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Cayvmann

Cayvmann Very Tilted

My first car was a Datsun 1200 (see below). I had the sedan. It was a very basic car, cost me $295 and it got me where I was going. I kind of miss it.

1971 Datsun 1200 Coupe (B110)

• Like Like x 2
  6. brandonsenters New Member

My frist ride was a 96 ford ranger got it new for me getting though school.Keeped it 4 10 yrs b4 letting it was really good truck I had some great nites out in that truck and this one lil fine girl that rode hard with me.

Sent from my VS500PP using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 3
  7. Stan

Stan Resident Dumbass Donor

My uncle owned a body shop and took in a 1968 GTO convertible that the owner wanted declared as totaled. He sold it to me for $500 and helped me rebuild it when I was 15 (in anticipation of driving it at 16).

Blue metal flake, white convertible top, headers with side exhaust, 4 spd Hurst shifter, 400 ci engine with 4 barrel Holly carbs, & Cragers. Pretty much a wet dream for a 16 year old in the early 70s.

Got my driver's license and drove the car for about 3 weeks. Then I got the insurance bill.

My second car was a piece of crap 63 Chevy that I could afford to insure.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Frankie

Frankie Getting Tilted

I bought an 87 Ranger it was my first pick-up. It had 135000 miles on it when I bought it and had over 200,000 on it when I traded it in fo a 96 Ranger. Great trucks.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. brandonsenters New Member

Yes man they sure r thanks 4 commit back i was thinking this group was empty

Sent from my VS500PP using Tapatalk

10. Frankie

Frankie Getting Tilted

image.jpeg In 1984 I bought a 1972 Ford Mustang and I still own it. In fact I'm going to drive it to work tomorrow morning, it always makes my co-workers jealous.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Leto

Leto Slightly Tilted

1972 Opel GT. It was orange. Actually it was my mother's for a while but I bought it off of her.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Frankie

Frankie Getting Tilted

Opel GT's are pretty cool cars. Like mini corvettes. I almost bought a white one with a red interior. But my dad wouldn't co-sign a loan and being a almost brand new car I couldn't afford it alone.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Leto

Leto Slightly Tilted

Yeah, the car came into the family because my father liked German cars and had gone through 2 Karmann Ghias before purchasing a '72 Catalina as a family car. That boat could fit two of the VWs inside it! But he wanted a small sporty car, and found this Opel GT and used my mom as an excuse to buy it. Boy was that thing fun to drive around while in high school!
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 18, 2018, Original Post Date: Dec 18, 2018 ---
    I love this Mustang. Do you ever get stopped by the police just for driving it?

• Like Like x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  14. Frankie

Frankie Getting Tilted

yes twice the first year I owned it but not since then. I drive it mostly to car shows and in parades and such.

• Like Like x 1
  15. genuinemommy

genuinemommy Moderator Staff Member

I drove a Ford Club Wagon as I learned to drive. Then I went to college and drove small fed-ex size delivery trucks filled with lighting equipment then produce. But I didn't own those vehicles. I purchased a Univega bicycle and loved that to pieces for nearly two decades. And I did eventually purchase a MINI. It was a dream car. Until it wasn't. So I sold it and moved on.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Rosenborg New Member

My first car was a VW polo 2008

17. ralphie250

rangers will last forever

18. ralphie250

it would me also. nice car

• Like Like x 1
  19. knova311 New Member

my first car was a 77 Pontiac Phoenix. a friend of my mothers went to jail and his car was i2mpounded. the friends offer was that I could pay the tow fee and put $20 on his commissary. what a bucket of junk!!ý but I learned to humbke myself.....and how to drive!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 4
  20. rooster New Member

Y Reg (1983 I think?) Austin Maestro

Horrible motor.

• Like Like x 2