1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Food What's For Dinner Tonight?

Discussion in 'Tilted Food' started by Magpie, Aug 7, 2011.

1. POPEYE

POPEYE Very Tilted

Shredded pork loin.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

Last night I had a Smart Ones tomato basil chicken with spinach. It was actually pretty good. With carrots to make it more filling and a little healthier.

3. DAKA

DAKA DOING VERY NICELY, THANK YOU

We are having a "family"lunch out, so probably tonight will be take out mixed won-ton/egg drop soup and an egg roll from Crazy Wok...(sort of the best take out Chinese in the area....)

4. Chris Noyb

Early dinner yesterday.

Pinto beans cooked by me, seasoned with onion, garlic, & bacon. The cornbread muffins were Jiffy, but at this point I'm happy if mom eats anything close to real food.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Chris Noyb

Early dinner again.....this time at MY home. Meatloaf, mashed potatoes (garlic & rosemary), carrots. Ice cream later.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Chris Noyb

Pan fried pork chops, steamed cauliflower, & brussel sprouts.

7. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

Baked chicken breasts stuffed with wild rice and mushrooms, and salad from WF. I use the salad bar to make small individual salads for each of us at about $4 each, which is cheaper than buying all the veg somedays. some things go bad quickly. I can get marinated mushrooms and artichokes and such, which add up quickly if you buy canned or jarred. The stuffed chicken was about $14 but fed both of us easily. Plus a bottle of Underwood Pinot Noir because we're lushes. And because Monday.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

Think I'm going to get carry-out from a local Mexican place. Probably a steak burrito with some beans and rice.

• Like Like x 2
  9. asan1ne

asan1ne New Member

d's

no not nutz,
    mc..couldnt resist

10. Fangirl

Fangirl Very Tilted

Pad Grapow Chicken with fresh basil from my garden and jasmine rice.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Chris Noyb

Ground beef 90/10, seasoned with Italian seasoning & garlic, topped with sharp cheddar cheese. Bleau cheese dressing for dipping.

Italian cut green beans.

French fries. FTR butter gold potatoes do NOT make good fries.
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 15, 2017, Original Post Date: Feb 15, 2017 ---
    Ground beef patties.

12. POPEYE

POPEYE Very Tilted

20170215_204754.jpg no skin, deep fried dipping it in Worcestershire

• Like Like x 1
  13. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

Wait, can you explain that to me?

I get that you used skinless chicken. But did you ONLY dip it in Worcestershire, then drop it in the frying pan? Just curious on the specific recipe. We eat a lot of chicken, and do a lot of roasting, or "oven-fried" or other alternatives to traditional friend chicken. I'd be interested in knowing the details here. :cool:

• Like Like x 2
  14. *Nikki*

*Nikki* Slightly Tilted

Vegitarian Greek Pasta salad...was delish and homemade by me. 20170215_184454.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 3
  15. Chris Noyb

The pork loin has been in the crock pot for six hours. I placed onion wedges on the bottom, and made many deep cuts in the loin. Heaped on much garlic, then drizzled on a mix of Worcester sauce, soy sauce. & apple cider vinegar.

Haven't yet decided on the veggies.

16. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

Dinner date - Italian :)

17. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

Tonight was Brown Box Seafood at Revival. Curry fish cakes with gluten-free grains and roasted veg.
    Tomorrow is some French place. I don't like French food. *sigh* But, it's with friends, so I'll go.

18. POPEYE

POPEYE Very Tilted

@Borla, deep fried the individual pieces in a deep fat fryer like turkey at thanksgiving. Just used the Worcestershire as a dip.

• Like Like x 1
  19. POPEYE

POPEYE Very Tilted

Tonight was T- Bones and Tilapa, baked potatoes and romaine salad. I also made a side of angel hair pasta with garlic shrimps and scallops . I only ate the proteins and salad w/black olives.

• Like Like x 1
  20. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

A VERY thick pork chop (simple pan seared with flavored salt)
    And mixed brown grain rice, quinoa, garlic and chopped spinach.

• Like Like x 3