1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Food What's For Dinner Tonight?

Discussion in 'Tilted Food' started by Magpie, Aug 7, 2011.

1. redravin

redravin Cynical Optimist Donor

My daughter snuck Costco hotdogs into the movie theatre while we watched King Kong (in her Coach purse).

• Like Like x 1
  2. SirLance

SirLance Death Therapist

What was King Kong doing in your daughter's purse?

• Like Like x 4
  3. ralphie250

ralphie250 Fully Erect Donor

Chili. Mmmmm

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 3
  4. POPEYE

POPEYE Very Tilted

2 slices of 2 day old leftover Red Barron pizza and cottage cheese

• Like Like x 1
  5. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

We're going out for burgers.....huge, juicy bacon cheeseburgers, with fresh cut wedge fries.

Desert is already done, a homemade apple & blueberry pie, and we have coffee ice cream.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Chris Noyb

Dude........
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 18, 2017, Original Post Date: Mar 18, 2017 ---
    I am so tempted to post a tasteless sexual joke.

But I would never do such a thing.

• Like Like x 3
  7. POPEYE

POPEYE Very Tilted

Right? ! It was filling the void with lil effort.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Chris Noyb

Dinner tonight.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  9. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

Honestly, a great bacon cheeseburger with hand cut fries is one of my all time favorite meals.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Chris Noyb

It's not something I'd eat on a regular basis, but it was damn good!

If you visit Houston, try Pappa's BBQ. The one on the Northside, very near a TFP moderator, is really good. We went the Southside one near us.

I misspoke, not wedge fries.

• Like Like x 1
  11. omega

omega Very Tilted

[​IMG]
    Couple of smoked spatchcocked chickens with roasted Yukon gold potatoes. It's just over 70 degrees outside and the sun has gone behind the houses. Magic hour.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

Dim sum.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Chris Noyb

Pork roast with raisins & apple slices.
    Mashed potatoes with rosemary & garlic.
    Yellow squash & zucchini, slow sautéed with garlic, salt, & pepper.
    Carrot cake, from scratch.

14. Azharen

Azharen Getting Tilted

I am about to run over to Subway and use my coupon that expires today.

15. Chris Noyb

Our weeknight dinners are usually fairly basic, for example tonight we'll have baked frozen beer battered cod filets, fresh cut fries, & mixed veggies (yawn).

Last night I got inspired to improvise. Cut the chicken breasts in half, stuffed them with garlic, spinach, Tuscan herb mix (Penzy's), and white cheddar cheese. My wife tied 'em up (I'm hopeless with knots), I brushed them with olive oil, and baked them covered at 350 for 25 minutes, they weren't done, gave 'em about six minutes at 425.

The result: Not bad, but.....definitely need to use a stronger cheese and more of it. Also more spinach (it cooks way down). They turned out tough, possibly the bake temp needs tweaking, and/or the inexpensive Heritage brand chicken breasts would've been tough any way.

Your advice on the temp & cook time will be greatly appreciated!

16. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

For chicken, I usually pull it just as it hits 160*, sometimes even upper 150s. The recommendation is 160* or 165* to be safe. But if you pull it over 155* and let it rest, it'll hit that anyway. The time to hit those temps is very dependent on the size of the cut, and whether you pulled it right out of the fridge into the oven, or let it sit out a while. I recommend using a meat thermometer after 20 mins or so. Though fancy Thermapens and the like are awesome, even something like this is fine:

View: https://www.amazon.com/Weber-6492-Original-Instant-Read-Thermometer/dp/B009IH0BZ0/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1490370548&sr=8-8&keywords=meat+thermometer

FWIW, my anecdotal experience is that the larger the chicken pieces, the more tough it tends to be with the major brands. We usually pay a touch extra for the cage-free birds (makes my wife feel better), and some of the organic brands seem to be more tender (those we buy because of the tenderness, not necessarily due to them being organic). YMMV

• Like Like x 1
  17. GhoastGirl2.0

GhoastGirl2.0 Getting Tilted

God I miss decent cheeseburgers....

• Like Like x 2
  18. cynthetiq

cynthetiq Administrator Staff Member Donor

I can at least get decent fish and chips or bangers and mash here.

I remember when dreaming of a decent burger was part of my life.

I will say that Hard Rock Cafe always has decent burgers all over the world.

• Like Like x 2
  19. GhoastGirl2.0

GhoastGirl2.0 Getting Tilted

That requires a trip into London....which is expensive and hard work...although I have considered it. Five Guys have made it over though...and they are amazing...for 10GBP a burger (outrageous!)

• Like Like x 1
  20. cynthetiq

cynthetiq Administrator Staff Member Donor

Wow! Five Guys! Amazing! So you want a cheap decent burger. £10 is outrageously expensive for Five Guys.