1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Food What's For Dinner Tonight?

Discussion in 'Tilted Food' started by Magpie, Aug 7, 2011.

1. POPEYE

POPEYE Very Tilted

Gortons deep fried fish sticks with MAC n cheese, dill pickles. Mayo on the side

2. CinnamonGirl

CinnamonGirl The Cheat is GROUNDED!

..........chocolate and beer.

3. POPEYE

POPEYE Very Tilted

Bought a pizza crust, so it's homemade pizza. Not sure what ingredients or toppings. That's part of the fun!

4. Taliesin

Taliesin Slightly Tilted

A pork mince and cabbage stirfry with rice and a packet of chicken noodle soup thrown in. A bit of curry powder and some broccolini, a few mushrooms.
    I'm not sure how good it will be but it won't be too bad.
    My parents make something similar and this is my first attempt

• Like Like x 3
  5. POPEYE

POPEYE Very Tilted

Tacos, and it's not Tuesaday.I'm a rebel. 5 tacos, refried beans and corn. Interesting thing, everything on the table makes great nachos. I'm stuffed and in gastro pain!

• Like Like x 1
  6. POPEYE

POPEYE Very Tilted

We met at Applebees, not my favorite place. 8 of us, ribs to stir fry. Just okay. My turn to pay. 160.00$ worth about half. When it's my turn to pay I always have to consider what others stomachs can handle
    Instead where I want to go. I wanted Thia or Mongolian grill, maybe Vietnamese, when it's there turn, we still go to where they want. When I pay I want to eat where I want.

7. Ryanfuego

Ryanfuego New Member

Chicken salad, with fried potatoes

• Like Like x 1
  8. POPEYE

POPEYE Very Tilted

What is in your chicken salad? Did you make it or buy it?

• Like Like x 1
  9. Lindy

Lindy Moderator Staff Member

Sig's son Alec and his girlfriend Ellin are visiting from Sweden. He flew into Omaha to visit his dad for Father's Day, and they are then going to take a road trip to the West and Southwest USA. They've never seen desert country before (not much of that in Northern Europe) and after heading North to the Badlands National Park and Mount Rushmore in South Dakota, they plan on seeing the Mohave and Death Valley, where they are expecting to possibly break some temp records this summer.

Just for the fun of it, to show Alec some of the "local color" we headed up to rural Cass County and the Round the Bend Steakhouse, where they are having their annual Testicle Festival, supposedly the largest event of its kind in the country, held in their 10,00 square foot "ball" room.:rolleyes:

9 More Unbelievable Things You Probably Didn't Know About Nebraska

They all had a ball (heh--heh) and I had an excellent ribeye with asparagus. The food was top notch and the beer was cold. We headed back to Lincoln after a couple of hours before I got too drunk and before the rain started.
    testicle-festival-700x700.jpg o.jpg o-1.jpg

A good time was had by all, except maybe the bulls.;)

Last edited: Jun 17, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
  10. redux

redux Very Tilted

Korean Tacos from TaKorean.

Two steak bulgogi w/ kimchi, pickled daikon, lime crema, korean salsa

Two marinated chicken w/ spiced kale, korean salsa, cilantro

• Like Like x 3
  11. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

Oh man, I need some bulgogi

• Like Like x 1
  12. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

We tried something different tonight. The taste matched the brand name:

Tofurky.

Artisan sausage all vegan spinach pesto.

13. Wildmermaid

Wildmermaid Very Tilted

How was it? Have only had Tofurky once, and it was rather a blandly flavored oddly textured loaf. Spinach pesto sounds tasty though! :)
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 25, 2017, Original Post Date: Jun 25, 2017 ---
    My love grilled rockfish for tacos last night and we had that on corn tortillas, with shredded cabbage, a mango jalapeƱo salsa, and slices of lime. They were smokey and delicious!

14. POPEYE

POPEYE Very Tilted

My little Hmong chick cooked purple rice, shrimp,onions and broccoli. It was spicy. Brought it to work. I had the left over T Bone and put them together. F'n delicious
    20170626_183745.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  15. We're going out for sushi!!!

• Like Like x 2
  16. Wildmermaid

Wildmermaid Very Tilted

Yumm! Hope it is fantastic!

17. ToddlerSquirrel and I like to go to the carousel sushi place for the novelty. The sushi goes round and round so it's fun.

DaddySquirrel, who is Japanese, doesn't "hate" the carousel place, but a friend of a friend felt sick once after eating there, so he's hesitant. He does however, like the place we're going to tonight.

There are four sushi places, five if you count one of the campus dining halls, and two have bad reviews according to DaddySquirrel and he hates the service at a third. The one we're going to tonight tastes good, no friend of a friend of a friend alleged food poisoning stories, and the service is always good.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Wildmermaid

Wildmermaid Very Tilted

Carousel sushi does sound fun, and what a great way to get young palates to try it! One of my kids loved sushi and one loathed it when little, now both would eat it several times a week if safe and allowed.
    We have a plethora of bad-ish sushi joints near us, but with a half hour (if bridge is not up) drive we can be at Sinju in Portland Oregon. Their ahi tower is addictive, and we've always had a good experience with their sashimi!
    Sinju Sushi | Clackamas Sushi Restaurant
    I have no idea what we're doing for dinner tonight but it will be here at home, doing movie night with the kids, and my blood pressure is way too low to be in public. lol.
    Where are you guys going? I hope your sushi is fresh and delightful and you have a wonderful time tonight! :D

p.s. Love all of your Squirrel names!

19. I'm about 90 minutes south of PDX. Maybe someday we'll meetup for sushi.

I never leave my little town though.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

*subtle 'I have an ankle bracelet that isn't jewelry' post is subtle*

• Like Like x 1