1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Food What's For Dinner Tonight?

Discussion in 'Tilted Food' started by Magpie, Aug 7, 2011.

1. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

Whatever the interns choose to serve is what I'll be eating tonight. Hopefully it's something yummy. It usually is.

2. EyeSeePeeDude

EyeSeePeeDude Getting Tilted

I want an intern

3. uncle phil

uncle phil Moderator Emeritus (and sorely missed) Staff Member Donor

clam chowder w/cheese sammiches...

4. Thanks man, I'll have to look into this. Mostly I've just been doing a puree of steamed Cauliflower and it does sort of taste like Mashed Potatoes.

5. EyeSeePeeDude

EyeSeePeeDude Getting Tilted

/shivers/. My wife tried the cauliflower/potato swap on me... My first words were "what's up with these potatoes?" lol

6. Strange Famous

Strange Famous it depends on who is looking...

Tomorrow I AM going to cook something

Got to get out of this junk food habit before it takes hold of me again...

7. sapiens

sapiens Vertical

Mango rice salad with grilled chicken. Should be good.

8. Meier_Link

Meier_Link New Member

Spanish Mackerel that my neighbor caught seasoned with salt and pepper, olive oil and juice from half a lemon, baked. That and some romaine lettuce with onions and a vinegarette.

9. spindles

spindles Very Tilted

some kind of beef stew - haven't quite decided yet what else I'm putting in it. The plan is to make meat pies out of the left overs :)

10. Leto

Leto Slightly Tilted

made a recipe from Lidia's Italy show: pasta mixed with sauteed chopped peppers, garlic, Swiss chard and cured ham chunks.

11. Zen

Zen Very Tilted

It was a very simple pizza, with a few extra bits and peices added on top. Smearing garlic/ginger paste thickly around the rim is the only bit I feel worthy of mention.

12. sgbsteve

sgbsteve Getting Tilted

unless my roommate has eaten it i'll be having the last of the leftover pizza. Sicilian with roni to be exact.

13. Strange Famous

Strange Famous it depends on who is looking...

Chicken noodles (ie noodles cooked with chicken stock cube)
    Meatballs
    A bit of mustard mixed into the tomato sauce
    A few mushrooms
    Bit of cheese on top

_

It was allright.

14. ralphie250

ralphie250 Fully Erect Donor

spaghetti and meatballs. mmmm

15. streak_56

streak_56 I'm doing something, going somewhere...

Spinach Salad.... grape tomatoes, roma tomatoes, white mushrooms, parsley and cucumber dressing

16. Leto

Leto Slightly Tilted

had beef stroganoff made with some sliced sirloin tip, mushrooms, onions and egg noodles. side of broccoli.

17. sapiens

sapiens Vertical

Lemon-tarragon pork chops, spinach parmesan souffle, and green beens. Should be tasty. I've had the pork chops (and the green beans) before.

18. m0rpheus

m0rpheus Getting Tilted

Fiance's making Chili. Mmmmmm chili.

19. Shagg

Shagg Vertical

Lemon herb chicken with wild rice tonight. Homemade rocky road ice cream for desert.

20. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

We had grilled chicken quarters (thighs and legs), corn on the cob, and baked potatoes, all on the BGE.

The chicken was seasoned with basically the same seasonings you'd use for tacos, and basted with a homemade sauce with similar herbs and spices. It was delicious! I'm a sucker for crispy chicken skin on the grill. :p