1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Food What's For Dinner Tonight?

Discussion in 'Tilted Food' started by Magpie, Aug 7, 2011.

1. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

2. Bear Cub

Bear Cub Goes down smooth.

Everything on that menu trumps whatever crap I have in this house.

3. Magpie

Magpie Getting Tilted

4. mixedmedia

mixedmedia ...

fettucine alfredo and a spinach salad.
    i have lost my passion for cooking.
    it's a sad thing.

5. sapiens

sapiens Vertical

My wife and I used to spend entire evenings cooking, eating, talking, and drinking wine. I was excited about the recipes we planned to use. I looked forward to cooking. I need to find that enthusiasm again. Maybe a new cuisine would help.

6. DAKA

DAKA DOING VERY NICELY, THANK YOU

Turkey burgers with Fetta, Spinach from Whole Foods, done on the new CHARBROIL QUANTUM Infrared gas grille.
    Hey it really works, no flare up and nicely cooked...some red potatos cut up boiled and then under the broiler...pretty good but still not like the broiled potatos every Bistro in France serves...I'd love to know how they get them just crisp like that.

7. mixedmedia

mixedmedia ...

Tonight is a ten bean soup w. chicken andouille.
    branching out a little bit.
    it smells good.

8. Fly

Fly music is the answer

beer butt chicken baby

• Like Like x 1
  9. streak_56

streak_56 I'm doing something, going somewhere...

Chicken thigh, corn on the cob and steamed beans.... haven't decided on the spices for the chicken yet, as I just took it out of the freezer....

10. DAKA

DAKA DOING VERY NICELY, THANK YOU

Chicken and Spinach Ravioli (from Costco) with Classico 4 Cheese, Fresh ground Parm.
    Was going to have a salad but got lazy....by the way we have been having salad with only BISTRO BLENDS Heirloom Balsamic Vinegar.
    We get this from a local outdoor market, this stuff is as thick as motor oil and is DELISH...needs nothing else, it's a bit pricy at $23.00 fpr 12.7 oz
    but I'd pay more it's that good...(from Modena Italy)

11. Bear Cub

Nothing. Haven't been grocery shopping in a while now.

12. spindles

spindles Very Tilted

Last night we had slow roasted lamb shoulder - 7 hours in the oven at 110 C. With roasted Fennel and Parsnips, brocolli and sweet potato mash.

13. Ribeye, medium, baked potato, corn and salad, with tapioca for dessert. Mighty satisfyin';)

• Like Like x 1
  14. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

It was leftover-palooza... I baked the shepherd's pie again in an individual baking dish, reheated the chicken tikka masala from Thursday's terrifying Indian luncheon that my coworkers made for my birthday (this was the one catered dish, thank you Krishna), pulled out the peas and corn left over from the shepherd's pie and the edamame-three-bean-salad I made earlier, roasted some cauliflower in the oven with garlic, red pepper flakes, thyme, salt and pepper, and tossed together cukes and tomatoes from the market with some feta and light balsamic from Mr. Newman. It was interesting.

15. Strange Famous

Strange Famous it depends on who is looking...

Pasta and sauce

Sauce made of:

fry onion for 10 mins
    add garlic, mushroom, chopped german salami, give another 10 mins in the pan on pretty hot heat
    add a few capers, about 100g soft cheese, a nice spoon of french mustard

_

then drain the pasta when its just like a shade before its done (there's an Italian word for this, but cant remember... probably you know what I mean), tip it with the sauce, mix it up on low heat for 5 mins
    then take the pan of heat, shake in some black pepper, cover the pan so the air cant get out, give it 5 more mins

then eat it all up while drinking an ice cold weiss bier

I had a chocolate biscuit for my afters.

16. Strange Famous

Strange Famous it depends on who is looking...

sweet potato, mushrooms, a rainbow trout

Just baked them and ate it all.

17. mixedmedia

mixedmedia ...

breakfast.

18. ralphie250

ralphie250 Fully Erect Donor

chicken wings.

19. Bear Cub

Some weird mango-ish pork loin thing? Wasn't a fan, went to the microwave pizza stand by. There's something texturally about warm fruit that's not in pie form that I just can't get over.

20. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member