1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Food What's for lunch?

Discussion in 'Tilted Food' started by Baraka_Guru, Sep 16, 2011.

1. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

*snicker* meatsauce...

I had samples at whole foods. Miraculously, I ended up getting my whole 3 oz of lean protein, 27g of carbs, and 27 of healthy fats through the samples in the meat, seafood, dry goods, and deli section. I was impressed.

• Like Like x 2
  2. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

Veggie soup and dumplings.

3. Lindy

Lindy Moderator Staff Member

We usually buy 1% milk, but when it was really cold a couple of weeks ago I bought a half gal of whole milk just to make hot chocolate. And later had some with cookies. Makes the cookies a more deluxe sinful indulgence.

4. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

Back when we drank much more milk we usually bought 2%. Since we now rarely drink milk, we buy whole milk mostly for my coffee & hot tea, cooking, & sometimes with breakfast which is usually on weekends. Unless someone has health issues, I don't see the point in drinking anything less than 2%. Some people swear that you get can used to it.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

I think I'm having a chicken pot pie.

• Like Like x 1
  6. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

I'm having breakfast for lunch (even though I already ate breakfast)

Corned Beef Hash with eggs. (and OJ)

• Like Like x 1
  7. ralphie250

ralphie250 Fully Erect Donor

8. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

A salad of romaine lettuce, broccoli, grape tomatoes, avocado, hemp seeds, chicken, balsamic vinegar, and olive oil with a banana for dessert.

9. RedSneaker

RedSneaker Very Tilted

Lunch today was a 5 hour party bus that stopped at authentic Puerto Rican foods.

Lotta drinkin', lotta eatin'

Mofongo is great. Blood sausage, not so much[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  10. redravin

redravin Cynical Optimist Donor

What is the third picture of, looks yummy.

11. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

Why would I want to get used to something so disgusting? I'll stick with whole. I got used to drinking it again while working in childcare. I refuse to drink blue milk. What's the point? Almond milk tastes better than skim if I want to save on calories (generally, I don't care).

• Like Like x 2
  12. Chris Noyb

I agree. If whole milk doesn't cause and/or aggravate medical conditions, why drink anything less? With that said, I never had a problem drinking 2%, but anything less was like leaving milk with ice sitting too long, then drinking it (yuck!).

13. Lindy

Lindy Moderator Staff Member

I watch carbs more than fat, and as I remember, the low fat stuff actually has higher carbs than whole milk.

14. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

For my "cake"...bought myself a nice real bacon thin crust pizza (extra bacon)

15. Chris Noyb

Very late lunch. Peanutbutter sandwich, cup of milk (whole milk, of course ;)) and a gourmet cupcake.

At least I remembered to take my vitamins amd mini aspirin.

16. RedSneaker

RedSneaker Very Tilted

[​IMG]
    @borla - thought you'd enjoy seeing this pork roast. It was rubbed with Adobo seasoning, marinated for 12 hours and then slow cooked in an oven. Best I've ever had.

• Like Like x 4
  17. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

Leftover homemade venison enchiladas.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

Whole Foods... Pulled pork, sweet and sour pork, power greens salad with goat cheese, cranberries, and pecans topped with balsamic vinegar. $4.50

• Like Like x 3
  19. POPEYE

POPEYE Very Tilted

I have a wide variety of tastes. being a comfort foods guy I had potatoes with mushroom gravy n salisbury steak today. it was great cause its so damn cold outside.

20. Chris Noyb

I thought that Whole Foods charged $4.50 just to enter the store :D.
    --- merged: Jan 6, 2015 at 7:32 AM ---
    Tonights dinner has yet to be decided. Last night was leftover shepherd's pie (yes, with actual ground lamb). EDIT--Oh crap, this isn't the "Dinner" thread.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2015