1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Food What's for lunch?

Discussion in 'Tilted Food' started by Baraka_Guru, Sep 16, 2011.

1. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

Leftover bits and pieces, but some of them are pretty tasty. Main bit is part of a left over bone in ribeye and some leftover wings.

2. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

Various snacks while we watch the NFC Championship.

3. Borla

It will be a homemade salad with chicken breast cutlets on it.

4. Lindy

Lindy Moderator Staff Member

Fajitas at GreatMEX in Newport Beach.

5. Borla

6. redux

redux Very Tilted

Chicken breast with unidentifiable sauce at US Chamber of Commerce luncheon to hear about their legislative priorities for 2015.

During the Q&A, I wanted to ask if anyone choked on the $50+ million they took from the Koch brothers last year; instead I sat quietly and ate dessert - strawberry jello in the shape of the US Capitol building with the dome made of dripping, drooping whipped cream.

7. Lunch date with @cinnamongirl

• Like Like x 1
  8. Borla

Probably a taco salad from the leftover remains of our SB taco bar that we had way too much food for, since the blizzard kind of cancelled our party.

9. RedSneaker

RedSneaker Very Tilted

10. Borla

Awesome. We've done another batch since then. Definitely a good snack or meal.

11. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

Aren't they? Pair 'em with some baked sweet potato fries with smoked paprika and I'm in heaven.

• Like Like x 1
  12. RedSneaker

RedSneaker Very Tilted

Ok I'm gonna have to roll up my sleeves and play in the kitchen.

13. Lindy

Lindy Moderator Staff Member

Hamburger patty with fried leeks and jalapeno. Cheese on top, and a few corn chips.
    --- merged: Feb 3, 2015 6:30 AM ---
    I like to mix up in a shaker about half and half smoked paprika and ground chipotle. Gives a nice kick and keeps the smoky flavor. Great on eggs and fish.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2015
  14. snowy

Miso-glazed eggplant. Italian eggplants were on sale at the local Kroger subsidiary, so I bought one. I cut it into quarters lengthwise, salted it, and let it sit on paper towels for about twenty minutes before giving it a quick rinse and pat. I then roasted it at 425 until golden-brown. Meanwhile, I whipped up together a quick glaze--shiro (white) miso (1 tbsp), a tbsp. of kombu dashi (on hand as I'm making ramen for dinner), a tbsp. of soy sauce, and a tbsp. of mirin, whisked until smooth. I slathered the eggplant quarters, then put them under the broiler for a very short time--long enough for the glaze to start to bubble and darken at the edges of the eggplant.

It is freaking delicious.

15. AlterMoose

AlterMoose Slightly Tilted

A wonderfully sloppy burger from Five Guys. And likely one or two too many fries.

16. snowy

A giant Caesar salad with sardines and an avocado on top.

Ooh, those omega-3s.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Azharen

Azharen Getting Tilted

I had fish and chips. *BURP*

18. snowy

From somewhere good, I hope. I had fish and chips at McMenamins last weekend. They were pretty good.

19. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

Had great barbecue... Pulled pork, collards, pickles and sweet potato casserole. 4 hours later, I'm 90% sure there was cream in the sweet potatoes, as I've been violently ill in unpleasant ways.

20. POPEYE

POPEYE Very Tilted

lettuce wraps with smoked ham and chunked cheese