1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Food What's for lunch?

Discussion in 'Tilted Food' started by Baraka_Guru, Sep 16, 2011.

1. I miss Cracker Barrel...

So today I wanted pizza. I always want pizza, so it's not really that exciting. I didn't have time to go to the good pizza place as I was out and about on campus. I popped into a dining hall and grabbed a slice. Lots of Veggies. Nom nom nom. If the pizza wasn't a bit overdone it would have been pretty good. The vegetables were exactly how like them, but the crust wasn't that good and it was a bit burnt.

I was sad, but I learned that if I want pizza, I make an effort to get the good stuff.

2. POPEYE

POPEYE Very Tilted

I have not had a good meal at a Cracker Barrel yet and have quit going. Ham sandwich and wavy Lays today.

3. DAKA

DAKA DOING VERY NICELY, THANK YOU

GOLDENBERGS PEANUT CHEWS.....YUM.....and I actually like Crackerbarrel. Roadfood

4. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

checked in FB with... :)
    • Pulled Wild BoarWith Pappadelle pasta
    • A grilled cheese with Manchego & roasted tomatoes
    • And a Vienna Lager
    mmm....

5. redux

redux Very Tilted

I'm off to check out On Rye, a "modern sandwich shop inspired by the Jewish deli" that opened earlier this week.

I'm thinking Wagyu Corned Beef, Potato Latkes and Egg Cream.

6. DAKA

More peanut chews from Crackerbarrel, and lunch, kinda reminds me of school lunches.....when school lunches were cooked at the school.....anyone remember that?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

I had Bob's Red Mill gluten free oatmeal with hazelnuts and berries, flax, and Chia seeds. I'm slowly reintroducing GF grains for fiber.

8. cynthetiq

cynthetiq Administrator Staff Member Donor

Shack hamburger, fries and cranberry ginger lemonade.

• Like Like x 1
  9. DAKA

Lunch today in Ft Lauderdale at .....Joe Knows Lunch....my favorite lunchspot, all home made fresh...Potato soup (with bacon and ??) and the best ever chicken salad. All for $8.49.

10. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

Yesterday was lunch at Dairy Queen with mom. Mealdeal--Beltbuster, upgrade to onion rings, & Dr. Pepper.

11. redux

redux Very Tilted

• Like Like x 1
  12. DAKA

Water on the rocks, just back from a week long cruise....gained 4 pounds....oy veh

13. Lindy

Lindy Moderator Staff Member

Had lunch in Indianapolis, at a place called The Greek Islands, a couple of blocks south of the famous Shapiro's Deli.;)

Last edited: Dec 20, 2016
  14. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

On break, so I'm thinking about walking over to the fancy grocery store and getting something good. They have an excellent hot bar.

15. DAKA

Home made Minestrone soup, we made this morning, and piece of a Dutch Baby "I" made for breakfast.

16. cynthetiq

What's a Dutch baby?

17. DAKA

18. cynthetiq

oh... :) well then that's a good thing to eat.

19. POPEYE

POPEYE Very Tilted

20170226_134846.jpg romaine lettuce hearts as a wrap for deli turkey and blue cheese crumbs all held together with real mayo

• Like Like x 3
  20. POPEYE

POPEYE Very Tilted

Tomorrow my lil Hmong woman friend is bringing me Thia shrimp for lunch. She said she cooks her own food and wants me to try it. I'm going to enjoy eating it while I think about eating her.

• Like Like x 2