1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Food What's for lunch?

Discussion in 'Tilted Food' started by Baraka_Guru, Sep 16, 2011.

1. POPEYE

POPEYE Very Tilted

That was fucking delicious. It was spicy hot not sweet and mostly shrimp, little squids, and what I thought was octopus or calimary over rice. I started sweating when my mouth was on fire. Some peppers and vegetables. Then today she brought me some pork and vegetables rolled up in an almost translucent wrap. Served cold with some kind of sauce.

2. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

That was rice paper. The sauce was most likely peanut. Sounds like spring a/k/a summer rolls. We much prefer them over fried egg rolls.

• Like Like x 1
  3. POPEYE

POPEYE Very Tilted

Fried egg rolls are horrible. The cold spring/ summer rolls are great.

4. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

Spring rolls are often fried, as this is a traditional Vietnamese dish. I typically order summer rolls if I don't know the place because they are not ever fried.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Chris Noyb

Yes. Spring can be either, summer not fried (at least IMLE).

6. POPEYE

POPEYE Very Tilted

20170329_193411.jpg Today was chicken and dumplings. The weather is perfect for it.
    I made this pot of perfection starting with de-boning the bird and a recipe from Betty Crocker. Cooked in my enameled cast iron pot. No bisquick here. Dumplings are scratch and used my mini ice cream scooper to size them. 20170329_193411.jpg 20170329_193411.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  7. POPEYE

POPEYE Very Tilted

Ok so when I tap full image 3 times....

8. Chris Noyb

Posting images directly from my phone is so much easier than using the computer.
    Editing my posts using the computer is so much easier than using my phone.
    Being a technodumbass sucks.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Chris Noyb

We went to Taco Cabana, three cheese enchiladas plate for me, sampler plate for MW. TC is OK for a cross between good fast food and acceptable sit-down restaurant food.

10. redux

redux Very Tilted

Having lunch with two of my former assistants at the new Farmers and Distillers.

They're like my daughters and I need to catch up on what they are up to since they abandoned me.

11. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

I need tacos. We will see what hubby says.

12. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

This was lunch today.

They had sushi chefs down at the beach.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  13. snowy

Tacos.

14. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

15. AlterMoose

AlterMoose Slightly Tilted

Sloppy joes on gluten free biscuits.
    Zero leftovers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

Meant to post yesterday's lunch. Some sashimi and sushi rolls.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  17. snowy

Hmm. I think I will get sushi for lunch.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Wildmermaid

Wildmermaid Very Tilted

Totally craving sushi now. That looks tasty. :)

• Like Like x 1
  19. redux

redux Very Tilted

[​IMG]
    current-menu

MT. FUJI: CAMEMBERT, FUJI APPLE, HONEY ON MULTIGRAIN and
    small GAZPACHO and chips

• Like Like x 1
  20. redux

redux Very Tilted

I'm a burger guy. I have 5-6 restaurants where I'll go regularly for a burger and fries. One of my favorites is Good Stuff Eatery.

But today it "hold the beef and bring on the plants' ! :eek:

The owner of Good Stuff Eatery is opening PLNT Burger in a suburban Whole Foods later this week and today they were handing out sample sliders made with "Beyond Meat."

Burger boss Spike Mendelsohn opening a fake burger joint in Silver Spring
    “Yes, it is made from plants, but from my perspective, that’s beside the point. We are committed to cooking a burger that isn’t just indistinguishable from animal meat, but is better. Better for you, better for the planet, and better for future generations.”

The other big plant based brand is the "Impossible" brand now featured at Burger King.

My verdict. The Beyond Meat burger was a thousand times better than veggie burgers and close to the taste of a "real" burger with only a slight issue of not being as juicy and a slightly odd after taste. Overall, I was really pleasantly surprised.

I've heard that cooking Beyond Meat burgers at home has an off putting smell but that was not the case at this open air pop up.

I wont be giving up "real" burgers yet.

Have you tried a "Beyond Meat" burger or an "Impossible" burger? Would you? Your verdict?