1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Food What's for lunch?

Discussion in 'Tilted Food' started by Baraka_Guru, Sep 16, 2011.

1. Lindy

Lindy Moderator Staff Member

Salad Bar and a pair of fish tacos at Ruby Tuesday's

2. CinnamonGirl

CinnamonGirl The Cheat is GROUNDED!

Chile Relleno, stuffed with a cheese blend and topped with salsa. Frozen deal from Trader Joe's. It wasn't quite spicy enough, so I dumped some habanero salsa on it. Not bad.

3. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

Whole wheat lo mein noodles with Japanese curry and broccoli. I haven't finished moving all of our food yet, and it was the fastest thing I could think of for lunch.

4. snowy

Tempeh wraps.

Fry tempeh until golden brown in olive oil. Add a sprinkle of nutritional yeast and a few dashes of soy sauce. Toss to coat. Turn down the heat and continue cooking until coating is lightly browned. Serve wrapped in a whole wheat tortilla with hummus and veg. :)

5. cis689

cis689 Slightly Tilted

024.JPG

A lil' chinese food.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2012
  6. snowy

A green smoothie and edamame.

7. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

I had an adzuki bean Patty by Hillary something I found in the freezer case Whole Foods and a small salad. It was okay enough.

8. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

Had an awesome tenderloin at a hole in the wall joint I pass regularly on my travels. Best $8 lunch you can find.

• Like Like x 1
  9. snowy

Leftover veggie stew over rice. Yummy. This stuff is even better the second day and it was dead easy to make.

10. Lindy

Lindy Moderator Staff Member

Would you share the name (and location) of the place?

11. Borla

Main Street BBQ in Wyanet, IL.

I found it by random chance online. Since I travel back and forth on I-80 every week, I've tried to seek out local places that offer fare better than fast food. If I divert off the interstate it only adds about 10 minutes to my trip total, and they have some really good food for cheap. If you ever venture that far east and are looking for a decent lunch, it has my recommendation. :)

12. martian

martian Server Monkey Staff Member

I thought about this thread today but didn't have time to come post. I had tandoori chicken for lunch. It was fantastic, but I paid for it later.

13. Borla

Had leftover ribs. Awesome.

14. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

I have the following in the slow cooker for my lunches over the next three days:

Six boneless skinless chicken thighs, a yellow turnip (rutabaga), and some carrots.

We got the thighs for $1.50 each. They would have been cheaper if I grabbed the bone-in kind, but we were in a rush.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2012
  15. Borla

I think I'm going to have some leftover taco soup from last night's dinner. It exceeded my expectations.

16. snowy

Probably some yogurt. My jaw is tired.

17. Borla

I went to a new Mexican place near the office. It was the opposite of 90% of the Mexican places around here.

Instead of a huge menu with 50 lunch specials, there were 6.
    Instead of being a good deal for most items, only a handful were under $15.
    Instead of generous portions, the primary bulk was in the rice and beans.
    Instead of being very tasty, it was very mediocre.

Not a place for a repeat, and I'm usually pretty easy to please when it comes to Mexican food.

• Like Like x 1
  18. CinnamonGirl

CinnamonGirl The Cheat is GROUNDED!

I just snarfed down a spinach salad with sun dried tomatoes and feta, and balsamic vinegar as dressing. It was delicious, but next time I'll add walnuts.

19. Ozmanitis

Ozmanitis Trust in your will and Hope will burn bright!

Subway's Sweet Onion Chicken Teriyaki on flat bread.

20. redux

redux Very Tilted

I had a craving for Matzo Ball Soup from Loeb's Deli.