1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

What's Good on TV right now?

Discussion in 'Tilted Entertainment' started by Japchae, Jul 28, 2011.

1. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

Doesn't matter if we have to go looking for it... it's the summertime and we've got our teeth sunk into True Blood, Warehouse 13, Eureka (Rock ON, Felicia Day!!!), Curb Your Enthusiasm, Breaking Bad and now Entourage. And yet, somehow, we need more entertainment.
    Didn't like The Killing or The Tudors, but we love 30 Rock, Raising Hope (I swear that's my family), House, Big Bang, GoT (of course), The Wire, The Cape...
    "On TV" means "locatable series or mini-series through any means available :D

Whatcha watchin'?

2. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

Does a webseries count? The Guild season 5 starts today!

Sent from my X10a using Tapatalk

3. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

Hmmmm, The Guild, eh?
    I adore Felicia Day. I want to tuck her in my pocket and carry her with me all the time.
    Of COURSE webseries count... boxee box, ftw!

4. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

I need to catch up on Eureka. Since I got my new computer, I've been OD'ng on video games. You have the two summer series I would've recommended.

Have you thought about rewatching some old favorites? Hubby is really into rewatching MacGyver and X-Men (the cartoon) on Netflix. Magnum, P.I. is on Hulu. I think A-Team is too.

5. mixedmedia

mixedmedia ...

I started watching True Blood a month or so ago. Wouldn't say I love it, but it's entertaining.
    I'm also watching Breaking Bad. It's good.
    The Wire, the best. Love, love, love that one.
    Currently in line, but haven't started, yet:
    Red Riding Trilogy
    Hell's Kitchen :)

6. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

Mad Men
    The Office
    Parks and Recreation
    Community

A recent series that I thought was underrated was Big Love. It's over now, but you should be able to get it on DVD and/or online fairly easily.

I'm waiting for Breaking Bad to be on Netflix streaming, I know it's been around for a few years but it seems like all of a sudden in the last couple of months I've had 4-5 people specifically recommend it to me.

7. Parks and Rec is hilarious.

I've been Netflixing a lot. Shame on me for staying inside so much in the summer. Basically my list is a Netflix list.

L Word
    Heroes (It's not the greatest, but I feel compelled to finish it)
    Weeds
    Mad Men....it's now streaming.

8. mixedmedia

mixedmedia ...

I'm up to date on Mad Men. It's gotten better and better.

I'm waiting on the last season of Big Love to become available on Netflix...although it might be. I haven't checked in a long time.

9. Updating my netflix now and adding Big Love

10. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

I forgot, I also religiously watch Conan, or at least the monologue, opening skit, and usually the first guest. Since he's on Mon-Thurs only, I set the DVR and usually just watch all four shows sometime during the weekend.

11. dogzilla

dogzilla New Member

Flashpoint and Rookie Blue since I like police type shows. Falling Skies is sort of passable but slow, about what I'd expect from a cable network.

12. Derwood

Derwood Slightly Tilted

I'm kinda a sucker for competition-based reality shows, and as a professional designer, I enjoy Project Runway, Design Star, Food Network Star, etc. (as they're the closest thing to my line of work that's on TV right now)

13. phredgreen

phredgreen New Member

Many of the shows I watch on a regular have already been suggested upthread, but a few more deserve a mention:

Wilfred - A touching (sometimes inappropriately) story about a boy and a dog.

Archer - An animated spy comedy best viewed with friends and under the influence of alcohol

The IT Crowd: A BBC show about a group of social rejects who work in tech support.

Doctor Who: Needs no explanation. Just watch it.

Torchwood: A Doctor Who spinoff which was weak when it started, but has come into its own.

Sons of Anarchy: A serial drama about a motorcycle gang in northern California.

That should keep you occupied for a few hours, let me know when you need more.

14. Ice|Burn

Ice|Burn Getting Tilted

Burn Notice is really good.
    Royal Pains is also excellent.
    Leverage isn't bad either. Has it's ups and downs.
    I've been told Suits is excellent as well but haven't seen it yet.

15. repomen- those people are either hilarious or crazy, sometimes both
    american pickers- for some reason its addictive
    pawnstars - they bring in cool stuff, then haggle it down to nothing, just angers me how these guys rip people off

16. Nikilidstrom

Nikilidstrom Vertical

If you haven't watched either season of Spartacus, what the hell are you still doing here?!?! Get watching!

Also Glades on A&E is a passable cop drama
    Burn Notice is a must watch for me
    Doctor Who, although the mid-season breaks really erk the hell outta me
    Deadliest Catch, gotta love Sig and the Hilstrands
    Even though its been over for awhile, The Shield is still the best cop drama ever made, and I think all 7{?) seasons are still on Netflix
    and I do watch True Blood, but with Eric not being Eric, its just not as fun

17. Fremen

Fremen Allright, who stole my mustache?

Is Felicia Day as flighty-seeming in her other characters as her character was on Eureka?

----
    I've been watching Haven, Rizzoli & Isles, Suits, Alphas, and Renovation Realities.

18. CoffeeBee

CoffeeBee Slightly Tilted

I still do not watch much tv. But when I do, it is mostly HBO shows. True Blood, Boardwalk Empire, GoT... I have not tried much else yet. I have recently started watching the food network. It makes me want to cook :)

19. I am quite embarrassed to admit but I watched 3 hours of The Bachelorette last night. It was the season finale. I had not watched one episode during the season and left it on for like 5 minutes as I was doing a little clean up. I was addicted. 3 hours of watching followed. Please put me to sleep now haha

• Like Like x 1
  20. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

She's wonderfully nutty in the first season of The Guild, which I watched Saturday morning... not realizing that they are 3:30 -6:45 episodes, heh.