1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

What's Good on TV right now?

Discussion in 'Tilted Entertainment' started by Japchae, Jul 28, 2011.

1. DAKA

DAKA DOING VERY NICELY, THANK YOU

SHAMELESS.................is NOTHING sacred.... holy shit... what happens when they run out of KINK
    (is there such a thing)

2. Fangirl

Fangirl Very Tilted

So do you like it or not because they would be the first to shoot down anything and everything sacred they can get their hands or any other part of their bodies on. ;)

3. DAKA

DAKA DOING VERY NICELY, THANK YOU

LOVE IT.... Bring it on !

4. pan6467

pan6467 a triangle in a circular world.

I think it is very cool all these cable channels bow have their own original series. I will admit though I am a huge USA network fan but tire of their endless marathons, same with Cloo. They need to mix them up, I love House and NCIS but I can only watch an episode so many times before I get sick of it. I think SyFy should do a Farscape marathon. Or a Heroes marathon.

Mix up the marathons if you really have nothing else to put on.

5. Cdwonderful

Cdwonderful Getting Tilted

how many times can you watch the same NCIS marathon?

6. pan6467

Good question, all depends on how long ago I saw it, did I like it? Do I remember the plot? Was it a "better" episode? Was Pauley Perrette (Abby) in it much? There are some episodes it's one and done with me.

House is the same way, only how much is Olivia Wilde/Jennifer Morrison in the episode (since Pauley isn't on that show).
    --- merged: Feb 1, 2012 5:52 AM ---
    Chiller is rehashing the old Harper's Island miniseries and I am sad that I missed it originally. It's a good mystery, which is rare because shows like this usually focus on just one character and the killer. This show focused on everyone somewhat equally and keeps me guessing. I LOVE IT.

Another show I ignored early in its run is Big Bang Theory. By watching the TBS and local syndicated older versions I have come to love the humor of this show. BAZINGA. Penny, Penny, Penny..... The geekiness is hilarious. It's cool because I never have liked much of Chuck Lorre's work....

2 &1/2 Men, ehhhh it's ok but somewhere some executive is head slapping his casting people asking, "WTF, Ashton Kutcher???? I told you to get Wilmar Valderama No one ever talks about him! Don't you idiots ever do your f'n homework? Demi Moore was engaged to Emilio Estevez, and who is Emilio Estevez? ANYONE!!!! She's Ashton's wife, so wtf were you people thinking?"

Mike and Molly.... just couldn't get through one episode without turning the channel.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Fangirl

Fangirl Very Tilted

Oh cool!
    I was surprised to get a Shameless press kit this season; it came after the first eppy aired but cool stuff inside...like the first four episodes.
    I don't want to make this thread NSFW (but I'm open to it), meantime, my personal link to Emmy Rossum/Shameless's naughty bits (Video & photo).

• Like Like x 1
  8. pan6467

very nice boobies and behind. But for me personally, sex while in the water doesn't feel all that great. It's like a dry fack. Just my experiences in doing it in a pool and hot tub. It's romantic but to me just doesn't do much in that area.

9. Fangirl

Fangirl Very Tilted

Haha, very true. The few times in a pool or a lake were more silly than sexy for me.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Fangirl

Fangirl Very Tilted

I totally hear what you are saying Glory's Sun. When you have a certain trained eye sometimes you can't get past what's wrong with what is on screen.

I'm glad you and your spouse are OK watching some of your own shows. :)

I watch a couple of shows alone--for work like Californication and then for fun, Homeland which I really dig but do press for, too. The other show I watch alone right now is one that I'm getting iffy on, Once Upon A Time, which I consider a girl show (skews to female demographics, all leads are females).

Last edited: Mar 18, 2012
  11. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

I love me some Top Shot.

• Like Like x 1
  12. snowbaby16

snowbaby16 Vertical

Has anybody watched Smash? It's pretty good if you like musicals.

13. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

I'm also recently addicted to Storage Wars. :eek:

14. mixedmedia

mixedmedia ...

yeah, i ran through that one in a weekend or two...

15. Jetée

Jetée Getting titled

Does anyone have any solid input/opinion formed on the finally-debuted series of NBC's Awake, now going into three weeks in?
    (I've been on a holding pattern for the premiere for what seems like at least half-a-year now; it has the same executive producer as SHO's Homeland, Howard Gordon, who also once helmed Fox's 24 some years past.)

I was treated to watch the pilot when it became available on iTunes about a week ago, but have not found any free time as of yet to to get caught up (if I'm not mistaken, as I'm currently sending this, in New York, the show is nearing half-over, no?)

Does the premise to the story intrigue anyone as much as it does me? (Humongous dreamer, I am) If this series begins to gather its legs, and, hopefully, thereafter, begin to leap bounds, I believe a central tenet to the progression of the main story arc between both worlds is what happened in those fateful seconds before the climactic opening scene's accident (in the true, unabridged reality of the past) - the conditions, the lost memories, the causation... it all will be very interesting to watch it all unravel (that is, if I weren't so hesitant to have a gut-instinct that NBC execs, too, are waiting baitedly over the figurative red button impediment to this show's eventual flourishment).

- - -

-- additional note:
    (Hannah Britten) the mom is way too hot and young and weirdly-discompassionate for me to entirely suspend my disbelief as to why she acts and looks like a 23-year-old (insert descriptive noun here).
    Still, she adds that certain sort of opppositional dynamic to the one-half-of-the-realities, I guess.
    Does any other fellow have certain words to add when it pertains to the casting of the show, at least?
    Diverting a tad, my belief when it comes time to address the writing: I maintain that the story will grow into its own as it begins to compound, but basing it off the singular episode I've seen thus far, I am near-unconditionally "subscribed" to how this endeavour into one man's psyche of the perceptions of the world entangling him after a significant life-altering trauma, will resolve.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2012
  16. Viscount8

Viscount8 New Member

Modern Family (too funny!)
    NCIS
    Blue Bloods (even though the Regans have the morals and ethics I could only dream of).

17. fflowley

fflowley Don't just do something, stand there!

Knocked up Snooki should make for some serious entertainment on Jersey Shore this coming year.

18. hope4love

hope4love Slightly Tilted

I like watching Alcatraz on the Fox network.

I'm also addicted to the Food Network. Cupcakes Wars, Worst Cooks in America, Diners Drive Ins and Dives, Restaurant: Impossible

19. flat5

flat5 Vertical

Yes, in that you can find forums to DL the episodes. In Holland I can watch on "cable".

It is far better than the British or USA version of the show. The Australian show teaches cooking and is less of a soap opera.

20. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Very Tilted

Enjoy it while you can it wasn't renew last I read.