1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

What's the Weather Like Where You Are?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by snowy, Jun 25, 2014.

1. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

Keeping you in my thoughts, my friend. Hang in there.

2. POPEYE

POPEYE Very Tilted

Wow, @Chris Noyb I'm so sorry. I can't imagine the damage. Flooding ankle deep in your home. How are you taking care of your dogs?

3. redravin

redravin Cynical Optimist Donor

Sorry to hear about the flooding.
    Hope it stays at that.

4. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

The future track radar is looking a lot better for Houston; hopefully the eastern track will happen. Our area is currently part of the city caught under a circular storm that very slowly moving out.

So far the runoff has kept up with the rainfall at our house. Our wet/dry vac is getting a workout, and my back is killing me. What's bad is apparently our house sits the lowest in our neighborhood; none of our neighbors experienced flooding.

With all that said, what we experienced is nothing compared to those who lost everything.

Back to vacuuming wet carpet.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  5. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

Finally the rain is now very light in our area. Most of Houston is on the outer edge of the clean side of Harvey, but we can't breathe easy--a relative term--until late Wednesday or even Thursday.

This sucks (huge understatement), and isn't anywhere close to being over.

6. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

Your house dry inside hopefully?

7. ralphie250

ralphie250 Fully Erect Donor

Stay dry man

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

8. genuinemommy

genuinemommy Moderator Staff Member

Sunny.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Wildmermaid

Wildmermaid Very Tilted

Chilly here but by next week will be back at 100.

10. Kung Fu Kid

Kung Fu Kid Vertical

Overcast at a temperature of 71F. South wind at 6 miles per hour. Humidity at 38%

11. Lindy

Lindy Moderator Staff Member

Beautiful San Diego weather here!:D

12. ralphie250

ralphie250 Fully Erect Donor

rainy, and forecasted to rain all day and tomorrow also

13. omega

omega Very Tilted

Lots of haze in the air. I'm assuming from the California wildfires blowing over here to Colorado.

14. omega

omega Very Tilted

It's probably Montana wildfires. Or Oregon. Or all three. Montana apparently asked for federal help back in July. Still hasn't received it.

15. Wildmermaid

Wildmermaid Very Tilted

Ash has been falling all day and the fires are spreading we usually have quite a bit more rain by this time of year. Hope all of you are safe. <3

16. Lindy

Lindy Moderator Staff Member

The haze gave us the most gorgeous sunset Sunday evening. It looked like a big meatball, like a Japanese flag.

17. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

beautiful moon out last night

18. redravin

redravin Cynical Optimist Donor

More rain...
    I'm pretty sure this is just going to be one long grey, wet fall.

19. Freetofly

Freetofly Diving deep into the abyss

It's been around 68F all week here in England. Very nice. I'm really worried about my kids in Florida...crazy big Hurricane coming.

20. Wildmermaid

Wildmermaid Very Tilted

The ash falls like snow here, in the Pacific Northwest our green has frizzled and is going fast, watching the places I've known since girlhood in flames, some friends are starting to evacuate. We're safe here for now, and odds are will be. Hoping very much that Irma does not do as much damage as predicted. More than anything hoping all are safe tonight or at least will be soon. Also @Freetofly I hope you hear from your kids and they are safe and sound.