1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

What's the Weather Like Where You Are?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by snowy, Jun 25, 2014.

1. fflowley

fflowley Don't just do something, stand there!

• Like Like x 1
  2. boink

boink Slightly Tilted

I saw one guy with boot chains. He was doing good with those.

But they clost 2x the price of used Adidas cleats and they don't look as sleek and sporty :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

Texas tornado track | khou.com

The tornado was only a few miles south of us.

If you're interested, click the link, & check the graphic with the arrow showing the path of the hurricane (it doesn't show the complete path). We're near Hobby.

Edit: The damage is extensive. Thankfully, and amazingly, no deaths have been reported.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2023
  4. boink

boink Slightly Tilted

Latest lows and highs 15°-29°
    Super cold for the PNW. No precip for a few days.
    Hope to escape snow.

5. Chris Noyb

Our nasty weather has been pushed back a day, the below freezing temps are now forecast for Mon night.

Did the greedy assholes who are ERCOT actually make the necessary improvements to the Texas grid? A warning system to tell us when usage is threatening to overwhelm output isn't the type of improvement I'm talking about.

6. boink

boink Slightly Tilted

I just got an email from puget sound energy (gas) saying thanks reducing usage.

Ted Cruz booked a flight yet ?
    Maybe someone can sell him a seat next to one of those windows

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Chris Noyb

Cancun Cruz learned his lesson. This time he slipped out of state two days ago with Ken Paxton.

Yes, before the last killer freeze our Attorney General, the person who is supposed to protect Texas consumers, left the state a couple of days before the freeze hit. We never heard a peep from him, or Abbott, about going after ERCOT; in fact he defended ERCOT as an official state agency (they're not).