1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Food Whiskey filled Candy

Discussion in 'Tilted Food' started by thetemplarswife, Jan 6, 2012.

1. thetemplarswife

thetemplarswife Vertical

I received today, from a coworker, a box of whiskey filled chocolates. She ordered them from her sister who lives in Germany. Now, normally I'm all about the occassional candy and the occassional drink. However, I'm not sure I can handle whiskey filled candy. I opened the box and you can smell the whiskey. Someone else in the house, one of my kids, didn't bother to read the box and see what kind of chocolate it was and ate one. Once she got past the strong taste of whiskey, she said they were good. Not sure that I'm going to eat them though lol. I may just keep them in the box, which is pretty cool considering most of the writing is german.

Has anyone ever tried such a candy and if so, what did you think of it?

2. ralphie250

ralphie250 Fully Erect Donor

Never had it but it sounds good

3. streak_56

streak_56 I'm doing something, going somewhere...

I suppose its a twist on rum balls and stuff like that, might be interesting but I cannot see Whiskey as sweet.

4. Zen

Zen Very Tilted

Whisky chocolate liqueurs. Very familiar with them. The ones over here in England tend to be 'popular' blends. Johnny Walker. Brandy liqueurs are quite nice, too.

Couple of ways of eating them ... my parents used to nibble through a corner, then pour the contents into their mouths. I developed a 'bite hard' explosion, which splashed the inside of my mouth to form a coating through which to appreciate the chocolate.

5. thetemplarswife

thetemplarswife Vertical

Since I'm not much for alcohol, I don't see me pouring the contents in my mouth. I'll probably use your "bite hard" method and see how that works. Thanks!

6. Zen

Zen Very Tilted

Please let me know what you think. I did acquire the taste for chocolate liqueurs, but it was an uphill struggle from my initial position of thinking of them as a way of ruining two valid things by chaining them together. I'm thinking of a Ben Hur chariot pulled by a Horse & Husky team. Y'know, Thetemplarswife, I'm realising what when I say I quite like them, the emphasis is on the 'quite'.

7. Random McRandom

Random McRandom Starry Eyed

I'll take mine without the chocolate.

• Like Like x 1
  8. aquafox

aquafox Getting Tilted

Yum, those can be pretty good.

9. Fremen

Fremen Allright, who stole my mustache?

This thread reminds me of the movie "Empire of the Sun".

• Like Like x 1
  10. Daniel_

Daniel_ The devil made me do it...

Fremen - you beat me to it.

When I was growing up they were very common here in England. Not really seen many recently, but I like them. :)

11. Cayvmann

Cayvmann Very Tilted

I once filled a young lady named Candy full of whiskey, but she didn't taste like chocolate... ( heh )

I've had the whiskey filled chocolates before, and thought that they were delicious. In fact my mom had an aunt that made such confections. ( I always suspected that she originally started doing this to hide her drinking from her baptist parents )

12. thetemplarswife

thetemplarswife Vertical

Thanks for all the input everyone. I've tried them and what do you know...they aren't all that bad.