1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Who are the mods??

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by ralphie250, Oct 18, 2013.

1. ralphie250

ralphie250 Fully Erect Donor

I am putting this here so new members can see who is who and what they do so if they have a question or need help they know who to ask.

So who are the mods and admins and what do you do.

2. genuinemommy

genuinemommy Moderator Staff Member

Hi! I'm a moderator. I have been a mod here for a few years, and a member for 10. You can call me GG for short.
    I am mainly on staff as a content-creator and greeter. I have been accused of being a bot, but I assure you that I am not. But I do love plants and botany.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

Some board software has a "Site Leaders" link by default that shows a listing of every admin and mod. I actually looked for such a thing yesterday and couldn't find it here, so good question ralphie250. I think I know who most of the staff are, but a listing somewhere would be awesome.

• Like Like x 1
  4. ralphie250

ralphie250 Fully Erect Donor

Thanks. Just trying to do my part. When i first joined I was helped by uncle Phil and didn't know for a long time he was a mod.

• Like Like x 2
  5. martian

martian Server Monkey Staff Member

Don't let genuinegirly fool you. She's a robot. I can't prove it yet, but I'm sure of it.

I have mixed feelings about this thread. On the one hand I like that we don't have a thread like this. 90% of the time, staff are just regular users. We like to participate in discussions just like everyone else. We have extra responsibilities that we've agreed to take on to help the community out, but apart from that we're not special in any way. Unless we're posting

-+-{Important TFP Staff Message}-+-
    like this

there's no reason to single us out.

Having said that, I also see the merit of having a listing available. So with that out of the way, my name is Martian, I'm an admin, and I make the server run. I also do other things. I usually don't bite unless asked.

• Like Like x 4
  6. Stan

Stan Resident Dumbass

In the upper right corner of the forums tab is a list of staff online. Watch it over a few weeks and it's easy enough to figure out.

7. RedSneaker

RedSneaker Very Tilted

I haven't found anything on Tapatalk to find this info. It's easy to note some, but would be nice to know all.

• Like Like x 1
  8. the_jazz

the_jazz Accused old lady puncher

I'm Jazz and and I'm an admin.

• Like Like x 1
  9. and the resident asshole

• Like Like x 1
  10. GeneticShift

GeneticShift Show me your everything is okay face.

That we love very much.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

Hi, I'm a moderator too. I think I joined TFP six years ago or something.

I consider myself a contributor and curator here, though I know I should start more threads than I do.

Basically, I post obsessively.

• Like Like x 1
  12. roachboy

roachboy Very Tilted

i'm another of the mod squad. some project dropped like large rocks in the frogpond that is my world a year ago and the waves carried me to the outer edges. but they've largely subsided so will likely be around more.

13. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Very Tilted

I'm a Mod. What do I do? About what?

• Like Like x 1
  14. Fangirl

Fangirl Very Tilted

FIFY.

15. Taliesin

Taliesin Slightly Tilted

What are you going to do about that dinosaur in the corner? It looks hungry

• Like Like x 2
  16. Mod-ley Crew. coming on to 9 years as a member now i think.

Ive been largely invisible from the board for a little while for valid real life reasons, but will be phasing back in.

17. Indigo Kid

Indigo Kid Getting Tilted

What ever happened to Halx? Wasn't he the original creator of TFP?

• Like Like x 1

18. Halx handed the reins over to Cynthetiq who been in charge now for a few years now.

• Like Like x 3
  19. genuinemommy

genuinemommy Moderator Staff Member

He stops in every now again but has no administrative role. He handed the reigns over to cynthetiq a few years back.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2013
  20. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Very Tilted

Just sit here and eat this tray of chocolate chip cookies and see if he wanders off on his own. If he doesn't I'll...wait what were we talking about?

• Like Like x 2