1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Who are the mods??

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by ralphie250, Oct 18, 2013.

1. MSD

MSD Very Tilted

She's been here for quite a while and has her head screwed on straight?

• Like Like x 5
  2. Taliesin

Taliesin Slightly Tilted

Are you implying that the mods have their heads screwed on straight?
    ;)

3. Charlatan

Charlatan sous les pavés, la plage

Not even.

4. MSD

MSD Very Tilted

This kind of confusion happens. I think it was TFP4, we had a whole conversation about when Redlemon was a mod, then he came in and reminded us that no, he had never been a mod. Some people give you that impression, and chances are they'd get the job if we needed to expand and they applied.
    Not all of them.

5. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

Wait—our heads are supposed to be screwed on?

I didn't get any memo.

• Like Like x 1
  6. arkana

arkana Very Tilted

Well I'm Arkana and I'm here to say,
    I've never been a mod in a major way.
    Given the chance to do some white rappin',
    All the mods here on that tip be a crappin'!

My dick...gettin' fan letters from God,
    Yo dick...flaccid like a TFP Mod

• Like Like x 6
  7. GeneticShift

GeneticShift Show me your everything is okay face.

I miss you so much.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Fangirl

Fangirl Very Tilted

I'm curious.

Back in the old days, I remember quite a few board members begging to be mods. They did so in threads and I got the impression that anyone begging to be a mod probably shouldn't be one.

In the two years-plus that I've been back on the boards, I have not seen a single person asking to be a mod.

It seems that though mods have unique access and control of some things, that it is not particularly fun to be a mod (or admin), it just something that you do for your own reasons, one of which I assume would have to be a love of The TFP (insert your own definition of love of TFP).

Is there anything fun about being a mod or admin?

9. apart from doing a search for your name when you first get access and checking out in all the threads in modland to see where your name got mentioned? no not really.

we do it because we love this place and what it stands for.

• Like Like x 3
  10. mixedmedia

mixedmedia ...

I remember when I first got back there I did that and saw that the grand dame mod at the time called me an attention whore. I won't call her out by name. She's no longer here and I don't hold it against her.

11. ralphie250

ralphie250 Fully Erect Donor

I'd be one. But I'd proablly suck at it.

12. martian

martian Server Monkey Staff Member

I think we all did that. And I'd bet that we were all disappointed when it proved completely uninteresting.

There's nothing fun about being a mod or an admin. It's not a massive burden and I think we're all happy to do it, but it's not really something that I could see much reason to beg for.

13. Fangirl

Fangirl Very Tilted

Yeah, I figure it's a case of the grass is always greener, etc.
    And you guys don't make it sound like a whole lot of fun, more like a civic duty. ;)

14. look, its not always that bland. It does get really interesting behind the scenes sometimes, especially when we get paedophiles, crazy gun people, or people claiming to be John the Baptist. the_jazz also makes it interesting behind there ever since Glory_hole left us.

• Like Like x 3
  15. MSD

MSD Very Tilted

We get extra features in the forum software like this bar and a private rating system via which we vote on whether we think each member has cooties.

• Like Like x 1
  16. genuinemommy

genuinemommy Moderator Staff Member

I somehow missed the cootie poll.

17. Charlatan

Charlatan sous les pavés, la plage

I used the word cootie in a meeting with a bunch of Singaporeans... they had no idea what I was talking about. Odd that.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Speed_Gibson

Speed_Gibson Hacking the Gibson

I hear the_jazz has an even bigger afro than that one.

19. ralphie250

ralphie250 Fully Erect Donor

just reviving this thread fo the new people and stuff..

20. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

OK, I'll ask directly:

Would you--anyone/someone in a position of authority here at TFP--please post a list of the current moderators? It would be appreciated, and TIA.