1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Who are you seeing live?

Discussion in 'Tilted Entertainment' started by Derwood, Aug 8, 2011.

1. Derwood

Derwood Slightly Tilted

Tonight: My Morning Jacket w/ Neko Case

2. PonyPotato

PonyPotato Very Tilted

I thought about that show, but I elected to save my money.

I might be going to Summerfest on Saturday (Cake, Cold Cave, Funeral Party, Company of Thieves, She Wants Revenge, Sleeper Agent and The Limousines).

I saw Ke$ha at the Fair a week and a half ago. It was a fun show!

3. Derwood

Derwood Slightly Tilted

It was kinda pricey ($36+fees), but MMJ is arguably the best live band on the planet right now

4. PonyPotato

PonyPotato Very Tilted

I actually prefer Neko to MMJ. If she was playing alone for half the price, I'd be going.. but as it is, I don't want to pay that much for the show, even though it will be a good one.

5. dogzilla

dogzilla New Member

I've seen Further (a Grateful Dead follow-on) and plan to see Stevie Nicks and Elton John. I want to see Godsmack, but thanks to work I have a 7 hour drive to get home before I can get to the concert. Tickets are cheap so I may buy and then decide later.

6. Mephex

Mephex New Member

I would LOVE to see MMJ live, man that would be sick. Just saw Cloud Cult at our Orchestra Hall recently. Was a really good show, fun and great sound!

7. I missed the MMJ show out here because of lack of funds.

I plan on seeing Cake in September and They Might Be Giants in November. I haven't decided if I want to go to the Ani Difranco show in September. I'll be spending a lot of money that month, so I doubt it. I WILL go to the Cake show since I missed them in the spring due to being ill.

8. Derwood

Derwood Slightly Tilted

I saw them last May and now seeing them again tonight. SO PSYCHED

9. SuburbanZombie

SuburbanZombie Housebroken

So far this summer I've seen:
    Echo and the Bunnymen
    Soundgarden
    Kylie Minogue
    The Del Fuegos and The Lyres reunion tour (very popular local bands in the 80's)
    and going to see ZZ Top in a couple of weeks.

10. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Very Tilted

I miss live shows. I did go see Shakira a couple weeks ago. Not my normal kind of music but she had a lot of energy and the crowd was fun to watch. She ended with "Nothing Really Matters" by Metallic. All things considered she did a nice version of the song. All the friends I went with were asking me "what was that last one she did?" I felt like asking them "what was every other song she did?"

11. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

Here's my list for the last year:
    Pearl Jam
    Cake
    Hackensaw Boys
    Old Crow Medicine Show

12. CinnamonGirl

CinnamonGirl The Cheat is GROUNDED!

Summer used to be Concert Season for me...I went to pretty much every show in the area (Riverbend in Cincinnati is one of the best concert venues ever.)

The past couple years, not so much. Stupid having to "afford" things. I've missed Def Leppard and Gaelic Storm, the two shows I most wanted to attend. I'm still holding out hope for both They Might Be Giants and Scythian in September. Ooh, and Trans-Siberian Orchestra in December.

The Highland Games had some really awesome bands. Mother Grove and Cutthroat Shamrock were my favorites, and I'd definitely go see either of them again when they come back around this way.

13. highjinx

highjinx "My phobia drowned while i was gettin' down."

i'm going to my favorite house dj, chuck love next tue. then in a month i'ma see one of my favorite newer bands out of australia, Miami Horror. i have to go down to oc for both (newport and costa mesa). it's weird neither of them are playing in l.a. proper.

14. Speed_Gibson

Speed_Gibson Hacking the Gibson

The last group I saw live was Manhattan Transfer (who is playing in the background as I type :) ) at the Lionel Hampton Jazz Festival over in Moscow back in February. That was a great show and they were incredible to watch .

15. Derwood

Derwood Slightly Tilted

MMJ was fucking fantastic.

16. Nikilidstrom

Nikilidstrom Vertical

Ive really slacked on the live shows lately. The last one I saw was The Black Keys in Chicago 2 days before New Years Eve. Really wanted to get to the New Years Eve show, but it soled out fast.

17. Charlatan

Charlatan sous les pavés, la plage

We don't get a lot of cool music coming through Singapore so when someone comes through, I try to go and see them.

November will see The National coming to Singapore (which reminds me, I need to get my tickets).

18. Stick

Stick Vertical

Earlier this year I got to see a band that have been around since the late 60's. Hawkwind - and I didn't have to punch any cones to enjoy to it! They come to Oz every now and then.

19. streak_56

streak_56 I'm doing something, going somewhere...

Foo Fighters would be nice.... but I think I'll settle for Xfest... Jane's Addiction, Weezer, AWOL Nation, Rural Alberta Advantage, House of Pain...

20. Tres

Tres New Member

Tomorrow: Kenny Chesney at the Meadowlands!