1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Who Buys Sexy Lingerie?

Discussion in 'Tilted Life and Sexuality' started by snowy, Feb 5, 2013.

1. Avestruz

Avestruz Vertical

I'm not sure if it would occur to me to make a point of getting into sexy underwear at some time preceding some planned sex. I love the way some sexy underwear looks, it does make me feel sexy, but most isn't really life-suitable or even going-out-in-public-pre-sex-suitable, and a lot of it costs a little too much for its 99% gust-dathering duties. I'm pretty much in love with most of Agent Provocateur's stuff but there's just no way I could talk myself into spending the money.

I am open to having lingerie bought for me, even really ludicrous stuff, but I also have in mind the time an ex boyfriend bought a 32C bra and size 8 thong as a surprise for my 34A size 12 ass so I'm not filled with much confidence about it. My husband knows my sizes but so far he's limited purchases to items I've expressed an interest in. Wise, possibly.

This is all coming from someone who only started bothering to wear matching sets in the last couple of years so I'm not sure if I'm to be taken too seriously on this topic.

I too sometimes wonder who's buying those marabou-trimmed babydolls and such.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Random McRandom

Random McRandom Starry Eyed

Based on a few responses... it seems that some people are lying in the "same sex fantasies" thread.

There are various reasons for lingerie and they don't all necessarily mean "ohmahgodit'shidethesausagetime!"

I'm just as happy seeing my wife in a pair of cotton hipsters and a t-shirt as I am in anything else she chooses to wear. Sometimes, she likes to dress up in lingerie because she enjoys it (and yes, I do as well duh). She also wears a corset for other reasons like part of an outfit when we go to certain places or whatever.

That being said, if she ever wore anything trimmed in marabou like Avestruz mentioned, I'd probably be laughing too much to be of any use.

• Like Like x 2
  3. ralphie250

ralphie250 Fully Erect Donor

Agreed, and i promise not to wear my leopard print thong.;)

• Like Like x 3
  4. Avestruz

Avestruz Vertical

Um, dust-gathering. Who knew spoonerisms were possible in writing?

I'm guessing this Exhibition section you folks speak of is not available to (relative) noobs?

5. the_jazz

the_jazz Accused old lady puncher

Good guess. :)

6. Really?

7. mixedmedia

mixedmedia ...

Really. I think the results of this study were published simultaneously in both Maxim and GQ magazines. So, you know. Don't bother.

8. Avestruz

Avestruz Vertical

Darn!

But seriously, I guess it's a matter of trust, which I understand. Maybe in time I might earn it. It's good that you guys operate things that way since a lot of other places on the web insist that your every piece of content must be available to the public at large, seemingly for no real reason other than the potential for ridicule, LOLs and extra hits. I came here because it seemed like the kind of place that seeks to avoid that nonsense (among other reasons) so I shan't complain. much. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

I know! The whole argument falls apart when the size six opens her mouth. :D LOL! :p

• Like Like x 3
  10. Levite

Levite Levitical Yet Funky

Actually, I often like a larger, curvier woman. Granted, size sixteen is usually a bit much for me, but I have known many a size ten, size twelve, and even some size fourteens who were hot knockouts, and far more appealing than some of the size sixes, fours, and twos that I've known. Thick and soft and curvy can be awesome, and IMO tends to evoke sensuousness and pleasure: I usually prefer that look to women who are overly muscular and excessively athletic, which is a look I tend to find harsh and evoking of work and discipline, rather than pleasure.

But fancy lingerie is usually designed for size sixes, fours, and twos-- if not for zeroes. It simply isn't constructed to suit larger women. Doesn't mean those women aren't just as hot, if not hotter, than smaller ones; just means that rather than merry widows and teddies and whatnot, they should find other looks. Nearly any woman will look good in a tight, thin tank top and well-cut silky or lacy underwear, for example.

I would like to make this our family motto, and hang it over our fireplace. That is one of the best sentences I have ever read.

• Like Like x 2
  11. amonkie

amonkie Very Tilted

I have yet to wear one of the 2 teddies I was given from my bachelorette party. When I wore the first one, the hubby laughed and then promptly rolled over to sleep.

I haven't had the heart to dress up and feel sexy for him and then totally have the feeling squashed.

For me, I wear it mostly to please my partners or arouse them in some way, or because you just know that bra absolutely puts your girls on display and you are ROCKIN IT that day. When you are busty, restrictive corsets become impractical after a while once the fun gets going - gotta be able to breathe!

12. the_jazz

the_jazz Accused old lady puncher

Well, at this point you should have noticed that the third layer (the second being the ability to post links) has been revealed to you - and those new areas aren't accessible from Google or in any way other than to earn your way in. Keep posting responsibly and you'll get access soon enough. It never hurts to ask a staffer if you qualify or not. People that ask for things nicely tend to get them once the staff is comfortable with them (especially if they've been around for a long time, like on TFP 4.0). And that goes for all of you.

To elaborate on my earlier point, I think that lingerie is just as much for the women wearing it as it is for their intended sex partner. It's something to put them in the mood, and a way for them to overcome any self-image issues they may have (which are a lot more prevalent among women than men, at least in my experience). Not wanting to wear lingerie doesn't necessarily mean that those women don't have their own body image issues, just that lingerie isn't a useful tool to overcome them.

13. *Nikki*

*Nikki* Slightly Tilted

I have a very large collection of Lingerie. I wear it often as I get as turned on by it as he does. I also have more practical things, but they are still on the sexy side.

14. CinnamonGirl

CinnamonGirl The Cheat is GROUNDED!

It really just comes down to comfort. I don't feel comfortable in most fancy lingerie, I just feel silly. That applies to more than just lingerie for me, as well-- I've always been a tomboy, so I'm going to feel way better in a broken-in pair of jeans than a short skirt. If you can rock the short skirts, or the fancy lingerie, keep on rockin' it.

• Like Like x 1
  15. MSD

MSD Very Tilted

This is a good point. Being a dude, I'm not exactly in the target demographic at which ridiculous and superfluous undergarments except maybe this (sort of work safe,) but wearing underpants that feel and look good gives me a boost in confidence.
    It's almost never a good idea to buy a woman lingerie unless she picked it out. Vanity sizing and differences between designers make that shit more complex than multi-variable calculus (I say this as someone who enjoyed calculus classes in college) and you're going to get something wrong. If she wants lingerie as a gift, get her a gift certificate to somewhere that sells nice stuff and take her there.Then it's up to her whether you help pick it out and when you get to see it.
    There are plenty of places on the Internet to be an exhibitionist, we try to make ours the safest possible place to do it. It's a high barrier to entry here but we're extremely protective of our members who earn access and their contributions.

16. i go to Agent Provocatuer shops every once in a while to buy a few things for she-lish. I buy what i like to see on her, because that sort of lingerie is only worn for those special occasions, and if im spending that sort of money on so little, then im going to get what turns me on. come to think of it, i dont think ive been into any other lingerie shop in the last 10 years

17. Poetry

Poetry Totally Sharky, Complete

That's absolutely awful. Did you ever talk to him about it?

I would love to own a shit-ton of lingerie. Unfortunately, I have these standards of quality of make and material and places like Victoria's Secret, Frederick's of Hollywood, and the large number of sex shops in the area don't seem to believe in those same standards.

Instead, I buy a lot of stuff like this. (I actually bought that exact bra last night.) I love the way it makes me feel, love to know that while I'm walking around doing my thing, I look rocking both fully and semi-dressed. Gives me more confidence. I also (sometimes randomly) end up at fetish parties or clubs or sometimes swing/orgy-type parties and being prepared to play (though I rarely do) is nice. But even if no one ever sees it, it still makes me feel good to wear it. It's something I do for me.

I know the large vote here is that guys prefer it when women are comfortable with what they're wearing and don't really care overall, but I like to look my best for my partner as often as possible and I like him to know that I'm dressing not just for myself, but for him. It's appreciated. And I know that if I'm seeing someone and they take the time to put on a pair of boxer-briefs that are just... lovingly form-fitting and so nice to touch... mrowr.

18. *Nikki*

*Nikki* Slightly Tilted

THANK YOU for posting that bra Poetry I am SOOOOOO buying that.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

I'm a big fan of lingerie on my partners. Generally speaking, there isn't a woman out there that can't benefit from some type of lingerie. It's like make-up for the neck down, hiding flaws and accentuating "natural talent."

As far as brands, I'm a huge fan of Trashy.com and their skulls line. Because I'm a horny-yet-crotchety punk rock fan.

Lingerie is just as much a tactile experience as it is a visual experience and the ritual that goes along with it seems to please many women who enjoy it. It doesn't just make her look different (and look at herself differently), it holds her body in ways normal clothing doesn't. My current girlfriend gets so hot and bothered just pulling on stockings and lacing up a corset that throwing her into orgasm involves little more than a stroke of her neck and a firm grab of her ass.

Lingerie doesn't have to be part of the immediate warm-up either; some of the best uses involve surprise and delayed gratification. Placing some racy new lingerie over your woman's favorite chair before you leave for work with a note that says "wear this to dinner tonight" is a pretty surefire way to get some serious ass later.

As with anything in the arena of carnal combat, lingerie only works for those with enthusiasm and imagination.

Lingerie is like a good steak: if you're in it for sustenance you're missing the point.

History has also shown that it works well as an ambush device for women.

So hideous. I think retailers stock the stuff to make their other products look just that much better.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  20. *Nikki*

*Nikki* Slightly Tilted

I used to own 1/2 of trashy.com

Thank for posting that Plan9 I had no idea about the skulls....shopping now.