1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Who has the oldest still-active TFP account?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by robot_parade, Jan 3, 2012.

1. Lucifer Slightly Tilted

No, not Nancy, someone else. For some reason I keep seeing purple when I think of her, maybe she wasn't Danish, was she Finnish?

2. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

Probably the same reason you post once every six months.

/crickets

3. pig

pig Slightly Tilted Donor

Bad Habits?

4. MSD

MSD Very Tilted

Suviko. She got a short timeout and decided not to come back. Nancy had some sort of severe back problem that prevented her from using a computer for more than a minute or two at a time.

5. Fangirl

Fangirl Very Tilted

Oh dear Lord in heaven. My inability to deal with Sixate ultimately meant my demise.
    (Not saying that I shouldn't have taken Cyn's advice--damn, he was so right--but things were pretty awful by then).

6. I recall having only one scrape with Sixate, and I got an apology.

7. Fangirl

Fangirl Very Tilted

You are male.
    I believe there were some 'mother issues' going on there and I know there was a whole steaming pile of misogyny.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Random McRandom

Random McRandom Starry Eyed

The great thing about sixate was at least you knew exactly where he stood and felt. I stepped on his toes the first or second day I was here, but I gave as good as I got. shutup jazz et al.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Fangirl

Fangirl Very Tilted

Then there was that Glory's Sun dude.;)

I get it. Don't pick on people and the fresh start thing.
    But this is a boy's club. Unless you are a super-sexy female or have that persona than you best be really entertaining, otherwise--in my opinion.

10. Random McRandom

TFP has evolved quite a bit from those days Fangirl

I'd like to think when I was on staff I helped that along, but..I'm probably being delusional.

11. Fangirl

Fangirl Very Tilted

Being gone for 8 years I certainly cannot argue with you Glory's Sun. And I don't think you are delusional or if you are, we are sharing the same delusion. All I really know is what I experienced then and now. TFP 5.0 is different and for my part I'm still a bit gun-shy--afraid of stumbling and effing up a good thing yet wanting to jump in and play like the longer-standing members.

12. Random McRandom

play away.

as long as you don't flame anyone you should be fine.

oh..and don't steal the_jazz 's lube. that instant banland.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Bodkin van Horn

Bodkin van Horn One of the Four Horsewomyn of the Fempocalypse

Yep, he was all right out there. Not a lot of introspection going on with that guy. I think the lack of people like him around here contributes to the different feeling this version has. There aren't a lot of outspoken, up in your face contrarians around these parts anymore.

14. Cdwonderful

Cdwonderful Getting Tilted

I met sixate, when my friend Tomsmith65 was living with his mother.....you couldnt be more right about the issues thing. But he is much more sedate in person. Given the fact that if he talked like he posted, he would have been beaten to death.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Random McRandom

I used to be pretty brash, but I still paled in comparison to him. :shrug:

16. Cdwonderful

Cdwonderful Getting Tilted

I was here BC (before the crash)
    Hal still lived in Simi Valley
    I still lived in the antelope valley
    it was a dark time, the flame wars were raging
    and Skynet ruled the land.......

• Like Like x 3
  17. Fangirl

Fangirl Very Tilted

It is so interesting to meet TFPers in person. So fun!
    For example: When I 1st joined TFP 4.0 I kept a blog and like other bloggers read and commented on one another's posts. One day I was erm, inappropriate with a comment I made on a gal's blog and she and I had it out in PM's. I was wrong to say what I did. Period. I apologized but I effed myself w/ management.
    Regardless, 2 San Francisco meetups later meant she and I had quite a bit of face time--slept together (platonically) in a fancy hotel--got along great! Here in Chicago I met Spectre and just thought he was the sweetest guy ever.
    You really do see a whole 'nother (generally positive) side of folks when you finally meet face-to-face.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Lindy

Lindy Moderator Staff Member

I first found TFP sometime in 2003 when I was working on a newsletter project and Googled FORUM TITLE FONT which is an all caps font similar to what you see on old public buildings. Anyway, Tilted Forum came up in the search and I lurked around for a while and signed up in 8/2004 but didn't post until November.
    I take a hiatus every now and then but seem to come back. I miss some of the women that used to be around, like Sultana, Rayanna, Gilda, Abaya...
    But I know sometimes life (and people) just moves on. We can't keep adding new activities without giving some things up. There just isn't enough time.:(

Lindy

• Like Like x 2
  19. Random McRandom

I miss those women too. The list of people that we want back is long, but life goes on.

20. Lindy

Lindy Moderator Staff Member

Here's how it looks: Tilted Forum Project in "Forum Titling" font medium.
    sam.png

• Like Like x 2