1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Politics Why don't the Tea Partiers get arrested?

Discussion in 'Tilted Philosophy, Politics, and Economics' started by ASU2003, Oct 2, 2011.

1. Remixer

Remixer Middle Eastern Doofus

Depends on the country and its culture, really. Germans/Japanese love high quality stuff.

Also consider that American products don't sell all too well overseas. Made in America doesn't carry much weight next to Made in EU/Germany or Made in Japan, unless the spectator is American.

Of course, we're not talking foodstuffs or the finance sector.

2. pan6467

pan6467 a triangle in a circular world.

No I am not a Koch brother nor am I related to Carl Lindner, BUT instead of stating who is to blame you just lump it all into a racist term "Stupid White Men". It's racist pure and simple. I couldn't say gangs in the US are populated by stupid black men and hispanics, without taking heat for espousing ignorance (and that would be completely ignorant to believe. Yet, it is ok to lump a whole race into a small group when white men are concerned and if anyone takes offense well then that is their problem.

And when I said I found it offensive, you continued to make sure every reply you made to me would contain that phrase.

If you were to say you found some phrase or word offensive and every time I replied to you, I used it, you would take it as an attack, would you not? Because, trust me, it would be. If I consciously did something like that numerous times when replying to you, knowing it offended you. I would be trying to evoke a response that would "help" me prove that you were overly emotional and thus ignorant and thus not worthy of listening to. When in actuality I kept pressing the same buttons hoping to get that response so I could justify myself and opinion of you.

that was it. that was enough. You got what you wanted and now you can act all innocent.

3. Remixer

She's white, you know.

Also, from what I've seen in this and the OWS thread, you tend to react in an exaggerated manner whenever you perceive something as cross (and you perceive a lot of things as cross).

I can see how you got your heart attack in the first place. Tone it down a little.

4. pan6467

My heart attack?????
    And btw my health is none of your f'n business, and you are way off, so unless you know what you are talking about regarding my health... please do not discuss it. I do not care what your reasoning is. I have asked politely. Next time it won't be and I'll be banned.

That I do take seriously because I did have health issues and have stated that I still get letters from "friends" telling me I should have died due to their political blindness.

5. Remixer

Don't really care. I'm not your friend, and I certainly don't wish your death.

There's an obvious, and very predictable, pattern to your behaviour from which it is very easy to conclude how your health has been affected by it.

You stress too much and your temper apparently likes to go haywire as you get overpowered by it.

As a consequence, tone it down a little. Maybe even consider that everything's not as bad as you like to conjure them to be.

6. pan6467

Again none of your business. Your first sentence says it all.

You know nothing about me, except the persona I put forth here. So unless I ask I don't care what you think about me personally. AND AGAIN KEEP MY HEALTH OUT OF IT IT IS NOT YOUR F'N BUSINESS.

7. Remixer

It is my business because your attacks on a number of TFPers is getting on my tits. Stop trying to be a smartass. You fail at it.

8. pan6467

Sorry you feel that way. and it is none of your business. I have asked politely twice, now please do not address me any longer, as you said we are in no way friends. And you KNOW nothing about me. So please leave me alone do not address me.

9. Remixer

I really couldn't care less what you want. You're part of a community here. Behave yourself properly and interact with others in a civilized manner, and chances are you will be treated the same.

What you attempt to pass as civilized, respectful and polite is laughable. Go write a little more in CAPS to imitate the "angry kid" you still have in you and obviously didn't get rid of after your teenage years ended.

"Sorry you feel that way." I wonder who taught you that third-grade "get the fuck out" statement.

Regardless, you are in no position to tell somebody not to address you. If you don't want to be addressed, stop responding. Otherwise, whine somewhere else.

10. Derwood

Derwood Slightly Tilted

With all due respect, Pan, if you don't want anyone talking about your health, perhaps you should stop bringing it up. I'm not sure why you think there should be special rules at TFP where you can say whatever you want but no one can respond about it if you don't like it

11. pan6467

So what are you saying you are going to harass me while I am here? You want to bully me into silence?

12. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

-+-{Important TFP Staff Message}-+-
    Now would be about time to start showing more maturity and stop talking about each other this way. Please get this thread back on track before it devolves into a situation requiring another solution.

13. Remixer

As you obviously haven't read the message from the_jazz, I will end it with this: Your exaggerated response is exactly what I'm talking about. You see hostility where there is none. I don't care about you, and I certainly wouldn't waste my time harassing you or being a "bully" (wherever you got that one from). Stop being a complete fool by requesting me not to address you while constantly responding to me or by telling me not to bring up your health issues when you bring it up whenever convenient in multiple threads, pan. The only one looking stupid is you.

Baraka_Guru: This is my ending note on this matter. I have nothing further to say to pan.

14. pan6467

There is a difference between my posting my health because a few people here did ask and email me while I was gone and someone admittedly disliking me and not even knowing what is going on and harassing me.

I maybe a lot of things but I don't attack someone's personal life in here, whether they post it or not.

What happened to my health is very important politically, to me. It has tempered the way I see things and as such I use it to try to explain why and how I have come to certain conclusions in politics that before I did not have.

People can respond to me the way I respond to them. I do not believe I have had 1 conversation at all with Remixer. As he stated himself we are not friends nor do I think we will ever be. What he wrote was flat out half assed attacks directed at me personally. My health has nothing to do with him. To me, he has no right to bring it up, especially when he is pissed because I have been saying mean things and he doesn't like it.

His posts to me were pure and simple personal attacks. I don't think many would get away without a mod saying something.
    --- merged: Nov 19, 2011 4:40 PM ---
    Sorry I was typing as you wrote this.

15. Joniemack

Joniemack Beta brainwaves in session

Perhaps I've never looked at it quite that way. I certainly don't take offense to "blonde jokes" - maybe because I'm not blonde. I look at such things as being politically incorrect rather than racist or sexist.

Does "Stupid Men?" work better or is that sexist? :p

16. Alistair Eurotrash

It's stupidist. And I'm offended.

17. Joniemack

That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen you post.

18. redux

redux Very Tilted

How about grumpy old men who happen to be white?

[​IMG]

19. Alistair Eurotrash

Now you are flattering me. Make your mind up, woman!

20. Joniemack

I love grumpy old white men, especially the ones who've given up on world domination.