1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Women's Glam Clothes

Discussion in 'Tilted Gear' started by Random McRandom, Oct 12, 2011.

1. Random McRandom

Random McRandom Starry Eyed

Ok, I have no idea where to put this thread, but this seemed as good a spot as any.

I'm wanting to buy my wife some new outfits for when we go out. (like she doesn't have enough clothes already) This is a "just because" type gifting and the clothes I'm lookin' for are more the "glamour" type clothes that are worn to clubs and such. I don't need plus size outlets and she's pretty picky. Off shoulder dresses, tops & jeans, high heels that sort of stuff. I just don't even know where to begin so if any of you awesome tfp ladies have any good places let me have 'em.

I'm not sure where she gets her usual stuff like this so I feel like I'm lost when doing a random google search. Help a bro out. Puhlease? :D

2. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

How much do you want to spend?

I see a lot of those types of clothes in TJ Maxx and Ross, honestly, but if you're not willing to troll racks, you could try looking at www.MyHabit.com (I think Borla mentioned it?) or www.Piperlime.com.

3. Random McRandom

umm.. I'm tryin to stay under $500.

and no, I'm not going to a store to be the creepy guy trolling women's clothes racks ;)

4. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

You don't need to be more creepy than you already are, dear. :p

• Like Like x 2
  5. www.ideeli.com
    www.gilt.com

You have to register to get access to the above websites. I prefer ideeli's selection. Also, Victoria's Secret has lots of dresses and tops that might be what you're looking for.

6. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

MYHABIT is great for deals on clothes like that, and especially shoes. New sales go up every day at 11am CST, and some things go quickly.

7. Random McRandom

checking all of these out.

she's a peacoat fanatic and already found a great one on ideeli that she would love. this looks promising. thanks!

8. cynthetiq

cynthetiq Administrator Staff Member Donor

I'm surprised that jazz didn't come in here saying it was a farce question and the clothing was for you. Of course that's what I wanted to post when I came in here. What did you wind up getting?

9. Charlatan

Charlatan sous les pavés, la plage

I almost never buy clothes for my wife. Too much at risk. If you buy something too small it's: You want me to be skinny. If you buy something too large it's: You think I'm fat?

When I want to buy her clothes, I take her out and pay for whatever she wants. It's not as nice as a surprise, but it let's her get what she wants. The key is to take her shopping and be the best and most patient shopper... ever. Women don't expect me to want to shop with them and wait around while they try on a million items.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Random McRandom

Charlatan I do that quite often, but I know what she likes and her sizes. My wife doesn't get a complex over something if it doesn't fit for two reasons:

1. All companies have different sizing
    2. She knows I'm a man and we don't understand all the clothing requirements

So with that in mind, I don't fear buying anything.

cynthetiq I got her a fab pea-coat, a couple pairs of stilettos, some denim jeans, a few tops and I went way over what I was gonna spend on this completely bad ass dress that is gonna look bangin on her. I actually got all of the stuff from ideeli thanks Grasshopper Green ! I think I may have got the shoes from myhabit but I can't remember. Time to check the emails.

I actually checked bluefly as well but they still fail to impress me on their prices and selection.

• Like Like x 1
  11. No problem! I hope she likes everything you go her.