1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Women's watches under $200

Discussion in 'Tilted Gear' started by Bear Cub, Sep 29, 2013.

1. Bear Cub

Bear Cub Goes down smooth.

LBC's birthday is coming up, and she'd like a decent watch. Looking to keep it right around the $200 mark. She liked the rose gold Michael Kors watch, but I've ready nothing but bad reviews about the longevity of the finish on the band.

Any recommendations from fellow TFPers? She has pretty small wrists, and would prefer a metal band.

2. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

3. Xerxes

Xerxes Bulking.

Is $200 an ultimate number? I got my girl a SEIKO after convincing her that MK is a new brand and I've never heard of a 10 year old MK but people rock SEIKO for 15+. Also, got it on sale for like $280 & some change after taxes were applied. It wasn't 335 like the website says.

4. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

My dad's had his Seiko for something like 30 years. Seriously.

5. Charlatan

Charlatan sous les pavés, la plage

I love my Seiko watch.

6. amonkie

amonkie Very Tilted

Price can be relative if you're looking at other online sites once you narrow down a model you like - Overstock.com, SuperJeweler, SmartBargains all do jewelry discounts.

7. DamnitAll

DamnitAll Wait... what?

I don't wear a women's watch, but I got complimented on mine yesterday by the dude behind the counter at Subway.

I thought that was funny.

8. Stan

Stan Resident Dumbass

Oddly, I do.
    Men's watches are so large these days that I prefer a very plain woman's model.

• Like Like x 1
  9. spindles

spindles Very Tilted

I have a seiko that I literally found by the side of the road back in 1993. It is a great watch and apart from battery changes has not missed a beat :)

10. Bear Cub

Bear Cub Goes down smooth.

Sorry for dropping off the face of the earth again, folks. Work has been absurd, and every second of free time has been spent trying to get the new race car build ready for next year.

I ended up getting her this Bulova at a substantial sale price on Amazon. It worked out perfectly. Watch face was just right for her wrist, and it was just blingy enough for her tastes. Came in a good bit under the $200 mark when all was said and done. The watch actually looks nicer in person than in the photo. She was also happy that I stayed away from the rose gold, as she felt this goes with a lot more outfit-wise.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2