1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest!
The donation button is here.
https://goo.gl/aFggcs

Words for my daughter

Discussion in 'Tilted Art, Photography, Music & Literature' started by kramus, Nov 10, 2015.

1. kramus

kramus what I might see

I have a daughter who sometimes posts poems on social media. Usually during a low time. She has a big heart and is (I think) bipolar. At least on that spectrum.
    There is a beloved that she's very recently parted from. She is living with an old highschool chum's parents gratis because she hasn't had a real opportunity to save much for a rainy day. She has been uprooted for the last several years, travelling overseas and out West. I think this man now gone was her anchor, her quiet place, her solace in a world unsettled. She hasn't really firmed up her career and is again looking for work.
    Anyway, earlier today she posted a photo of herself on social media and it was filtered with coarse texture and reddened eyes. Attached were a few of her words running with unhappiness. It was pained and painful both.

"we were young once
    we were innocent and pure
    experience branded
    burning flesh
    seared to ash"

I was moved to write my own bit of poetry as a response. The first I've written in a while I think. I hope it resonates with her in a way that helps.

Deepened
    Layers revealed perhaps.

or a gouging - the scoured working of once-unmarked simplicity into unrecognized, unknown vistas

Geographies over time evolve from smooth plain to complexities
    Hardened sediments
    Riven magma rivers
    Shaken mountains
    And a draining of sweet water

But past pain and beyond still-red scars lies music
    and beauty that flows over these things like wind over trees, like a masterful hand over an instrument
    And when you are far enough along your path
    A path in part you have trod in pain, in tedium, in hope set down or joy gone grey
    You see past is a passing into clarity
    Clear as new sweet water returned
    Fresh as a flowering
    Flowering from soil which once was stone - stone now wrought through time and turmoil and textures until it may nurture new seeds.

And in all this, release lives
    And beauty resides
    Again Anew Always

Last edited: Nov 10, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. genuinemommy

genuinemommy Moderator Staff Member

This is beautiful. I'd love to get such a response from my father.

• Like Like x 1
  3. ralphie250

ralphie250 Fully Erect Donor

THATS GREAT

• Like Like x 1
  4. redravin

redravin Cynical Optimist Donor

Really good stuff.

• Like Like x 1