1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

world of warcraft

Discussion in 'Tilted Entertainment' started by Strange Famous, Aug 16, 2011.

1. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

DO IT.
    The new content is so much fun, though. Garrisons are great. I love my ninja chores.

2. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

I have an excuse: I still haven't played through all the MoP content.

3. snowy

And it's just that--an excuse!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Baraka_Guru

Strength and honour!

5. cynthetiq

cynthetiq Administrator Staff Member Donor

I haven't done any of the Cata content and they even repaired Stormwind!

6. snowy

Man, you guys really have some catching up to do.

7. Baraka_Guru

I've been spending my gaming money on Rocksmith. :oops:

8. Stan

Stan Resident Dumbass

My tax dollars at work.

I love having minions.

Normal raids are now variable sized. No more rosters or telling folks they can't go.

9. Baraka_Guru

That was a lot of bushels of wheat, etc.

Still resisting. (Not sure how much longer I can hold out though.)

10. snowy

Give in.

11. Baraka_Guru

B-b-but I was thinking about restringing my electric tonight. The gauge on these stings is a bit heavier, and I want to hear how they sound....

But what am I to do after I'm done playing guitar, right?

What am I to do in the hour or two before bed?

Read...?

/temptation

12. snowy

There's always tomorrow.

13. Baraka_Guru

Downloading....

Damn it, you guys!

• Like Like x 3
  14. snowy

MUAHAHAHAHA.

15. Baraka_Guru

I do this in cycles.

I play.
    I get bored/frustrated.
    I swear it off as a waste of time and money.
    I delete it to discourage me from subscribing again because the download is so big (~28 GB!).
    I convince myself that the F2P MMOs are pretty good and that I can just play them (yes, plural).
    I find the F2P MMOs even more boring, plus am turned off by their less-than-stellar interfaces and gaming mechanics.
    I crave the immersive MMO experience that first charmed me in WoW but am reluctant to go back to WoW because I know how this cycle works.
    I am persuaded one way or another that WoW is "it," and that I just need to play it for the full experience because there is so much to do/see that I haven't done/seen yet.
    I play....

I need to figure out how to avoid getting bored/frustrated.

WORLD OF WARCRAFT INSTALLATION STATUS: 23.68 GB to go; playable but not optimal

Last edited: Feb 21, 2015
  16. martian

martian Server Monkey Staff Member

Or you need to find a way to internalize the fact that the experience you're looking for doesn't truly exist and WoW really is just a waste of time and money.

One or the other.

17. Baraka_Guru

I see it for what it is. It does exist. I just haven't committed to exploring it. Part of the reason is because I'm lazy. Another part is because my initial run with WoW was with my cousin (and sometimes his wife and another cousin). I think a big issue is that I haven't really had much in the way of social experiences when playing the game in recent years. It would explain much about my lack of engagement. I'm not very good at meeting virtual friends in these games. I've tended to play almost exclusively solo.

18. snowy

I used to have a lot of IRL friends who played WoW. I now only have a couple. I mostly chat with my guild, but the game experience has changed so that solo content is interesting and fun.

19. Spiritsoar

Spiritsoar Slightly Tilted

I know raiding can be a significant time commitment, but it's what keep me playing. Exploring new content is fun, when a new expansion comes out. But to get me through that middle time I like being able to work at challenging raid content. I've been raiding with the same group for a few years now, and the raiding and social interaction over voice comms is what keeps me into it. I haven't met most of these people (I did meet two last Blizzcon, and I'm hoping to travel and see a few more this summer) but they've come to be good friends.

20. snowy

6.1 is go!