1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

world of warcraft

Discussion in 'Tilted Entertainment' started by Strange Famous, Aug 16, 2011.

1. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

Confession: I have yet to fly in Kalimdor or the Eastern Kingdoms. I hadn't saved up enough money to learn the skill before I quit playing last.

2. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

It's pretty nifty.

3. snowy

My baby warlock just dinged 15. Hurry up, @Baraka_Guru.

4. Baraka_Guru

I'm still waiting to find access to a Windows machine.

5. snowy

I'll try to keep my pants on.

6. snowy

• Like Like x 1
  7. Baraka_Guru

I'm somewhat confident that I will be able to install Windows 7 this evening. I'm going over to my neighbours' place for a second attempt at burning a DVD. (We already tried it once without bothering with the Microsoft tool, but it looks like it's required.)

Anyway, I might be in realm tonight, I might not.

In theory, more likely than not.

I hope I'm not jinxing it.

• Like Like x 1
  8. snowy

I hope you're not either. I spent an hour yesterday leveling my fishing to 200. That's a lot of fish!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Baraka_Guru

Woah, I have a few Hordies on here already.

10. snowy

YEEEEAAAH.

11. Baraka_Guru

Level 7. Pandaria is gorgeous.

12. snowy

Dude, you're not in Pandaria yet :p You're on the Wandering Isle. It's different. Just wait until you get to the ACTUAL Pandaria! You thought Nagrand was gorgeous? ;)

• Like Like x 1
  13. Baraka_Guru

I meant the expansion, generally. The Wandering Isle, specifically, is gorgeous, by extension.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Baraka_Guru

I ended up going with brewmaster. I read a bit more about the specs, and given the melee nature of both, I just figured brewmaster would be more useful between dungeons and questing. I can play around with mistweaver later.

• Like Like x 1
  15. martian

martian Server Monkey Staff Member

Nerds.

• Like Like x 1
  16. So Many Bugs

So Many Bugs New Member

I'm starting to get tired of WoW. Maybe I just need to shelve it until the expansion comes out.

I recently went through two "bursts" of excitement that kept me going for the past 8 months or so: first, dabbling in goldmaking. I'm at about 92k now, mainly through crafting and flipping items from the auction house. Second, I pre-ordered the expansion and got the instant level 90 boost for a character - so I rolled a new Warlock. Holy shit was it fun. A cloth wearer with her own personal tank. Holy shit.

But I find myself just not playing for a week at a time for the last 2 months or so. During later Wrath, and all of Cataclysm I mainly played as a Holy Priest, healing for random groups and eventually LFR. However, I became tired of having to be responsible for the "lives" of players :( So I went almost purely DPS during Mists. It takes longer to queue for randoms, but it's a much more laid back experience.

So, yeah Martian - Nerd.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  17. snowy

I've yet to take any of my warlocks through the Cata/Mists content. I ought to get on that.

18. Baraka_Guru

I've been struggling with how I want to play the new content. I only have a priest who can access the content, but I'd rather use something better at soloing. My next highest is a death knight, but I'd have to go through WotLK and Cata beforehand, and I find death knights kind of boring.

I thought of using one of my 50-something paladins, but I like the idea of a ranged casting class, such as warlock or shaman.

Oh, what to do....

19. snowy

Demonology warlock, dude. Seriously. Easy grinds. You can take on 3-4 mobs at once. It's pretty solid.

• Like Like x 1
  20. So Many Bugs

So Many Bugs New Member

Agreed - the only thing about the lock that I regret is that I can't heal when I want to. The most fun with the lock that I have had is "double dragon" with Chaos Bolt:

Look up spell 80240 (Havoc) on wowhead.com, then look at the screenshot - it's a fun way to neutralize two trash mobs at once.

I also have a Shaman at 90 which is usually fun to play as DPS, and I can heal if I want to endure the abuse :)

I have a paladin sitting at level 86, because I just don't find her very fun to play anymore.

• Like Like x 1