1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

world of warcraft

Discussion in 'Tilted Entertainment' started by Strange Famous, Aug 16, 2011.

1. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

I have more characters than I wish to count across several servers sitting anywhere from 36-80...and 1 90 (Windwalker Monk). I put off doing the Cata thing until Mists came out. I don't really regret that, as it gave me a lot of new content to play at once, especially since they redid so much in Cata. Leveling is almost so easy now that it makes me miss having the time to enjoy the content and the story.

2. So Many Bugs

So Many Bugs New Member

BTW - if anyone wants to talk macros for Shadow Priest or Destruction Warlock, let me know.

3. snowy

As I'm a solidly PvE player, I pretty much stick with demonology.

4. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

But isn't demonology basically like the hunter? Pet as tank vs. kiting?

I like kiting (I'm a priest at heart), but the idea of having a pet tank seems kind of boring. I've tried hunters a few times, but I never seem to get above lvl 20 or so.

5. snowy

Not really. There are some other things about demonology that make it more interesting than just being a hunter. I can change into a demon, for example, and cause far more damage. Plus, I usually take on multiple mobs. Right now, using my lower level lock, I pick up 3-4 mobs with my voidwalker, hit them with Corruption (DoT), and then hit the stubborn ones with shadow bolt. We mow shit down. My upper level lock on SH (66) has a different playstyle because demonology changes a bit by then. I use my felguard, also pick up multiple mobs, and hit them with more things. Again, we wreck shit together. However, at the higher levels, I'm using my demon form much more often, as it's more effective.

Did I mention that I can change into a demon?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Baraka_Guru

Demons are cool.

I don't know. I like a challenge, especially in this game, which can get boring for me. I'm used to a play style that goes "oh shit" when more than one mob gets onto me. At the same time, I'd like to kill things a bit faster than a shadow priest does.

I guess I'd like something a bit more powerful than a shadow priest but not something that would Timmy* everything.

I think shaman might make sense (not sure), especially since I'm curious to know how the healing is in instances. (Again, I'm so used to priest it's not funny.)

Right? :D

*A verb based the concept of Timmy, that annoying kid who prefers the most powerful of everything in every given situation.

7. snowy

Well, because you can't heal yourself, there are still some distinct oh shit moments when you accidentally bite off more than you can chew.

8. Baraka_Guru

Well, of course. But from the sound of it, two or three isn't more than you can chew. That's an odd concept for me. :p

9. Stan

Stan Resident Dumbass

Shadow priests rock in this expansion. I'm seriously lethal on a single target with AOE that is embarrasingly high. I'm also an aggro magnet and am very familiar with my "fade" key.

10. Baraka_Guru

I've noticed more power, but is it consistently high past 85?

11. Stan

Stan Resident Dumbass

It improves greatly and scales very well with gear. My guild has a rogue and a hunter that can usually beat me; but not always and not by much.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Baraka_Guru

Oh.

Well, maybe I'll stick with it then. Thanks!

13. snowy

I do think we always have a class that fits us. I'm a warlock at heart. I'm still not sure how I managed to get my monk to 90. It might just be because she's an adorable panda.

• Like Like x 1
  14. So Many Bugs

So Many Bugs New Member

I was overjoyed when I first saw the chubby little redheaded panda females :)

15. Stan

Stan Resident Dumbass

I have a druid and a priest, though my main has always been the priest. I gave up priest healing for Lent (2008).

If you glyph appropriately, you can do a fair amount of healing from shadow spec. It makes solo or duo questing very easy.

I was intending to bail on WoW after seeing the pandas; but Pandaria is very priest friendly and fun. I'm fizzling a bit about raiding; but that happens regularly in the summer for me. You've probably found this on your own; but HowtoPriest.com is probably the best source of priestly info.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Baraka_Guru

Priests, ftw. I regret doubting them and myself.

I must repent.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Spiritsoar

Spiritsoar Slightly Tilted

Chiming in as a warlock here. I play destruction rather than demonology, because of the burst and the wicked survivability, but I have been switching to affliction now and then for some of the heroic bosses my raid has been working on lately.

18. snowy

I don't raid, so this isn't my priority, but I would like the chance to play other builds sometime.

19. So Many Bugs

So Many Bugs New Member

I don't raid except for LFR, and I don't know a lot about spec comparisons but I can definitely attest to the survivability of destro.

20. Spiritsoar

Spiritsoar Slightly Tilted

With at least 3 targets at all times, I can get more dps multidotting with affliction on heroic fallen protectors, even if I am better at playing destro. I used to pvp as demonology, but I just can't seem to get a smooth rotation going PvE. Spiritsoar @ Aerie Peak - Community - World of Warcraft