1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Worst movie you've seen.

Discussion in 'Tilted Entertainment' started by cj2112, Sep 24, 2011.

1. healer

healer Extra Medium

I have sort of a love/hate relationship with bad movies. It's like I get so sucked into the craptastic-ness that I just HAVE to see how bad it actually is. And it always ends with me saying "I can't believe I just watched that shit".

Both my sister and I sat through the entire Napoleon Dynamite with our mouths hanging open. We just couldn't comprehend what we were watching, if it had a point, and what the fuck that dance sequence was supposed to mean. I can't remember the names of the other wastes of time I've watched over the years - I tend to forget them as soon as I've watched 'em.

I agree, Charlie. If Indie was here he'd kick roch's ass.

• Like Like x 1
  2. roachboy

roachboy Very Tilted

and defend the moronic plot-line of raiders? or the simple-minded character development? or the bad writing? or the problematic exotica locations? or the loud and awful music? or the shitty acting? the bad direction? which part?

3. Redlemon

Redlemon Getting Tilted

I'm going to go with "Bottle Rocket", which I saw on VHS. I think it was supposed to be funny, but it turned out to be not particularly anything.

4. I watch few comedies and even fewer horror or chick flicks, which is where I found during my younger, not as picky days, most of the garbage is. I am a sucker for action type movies and there's some pretty good suckage there (I'm looking at you, Prince of Persia). What pisses me off the most is going to a movie that's been hyped by any source I use regularly (friends opinions, Rotten Tomatoes, etc) as the next best thing, and then it is boring as fuck (No Country For Old Men) or just plain blows (A History of Violence).

I know a lot of people have a love/hate relationship with Napolean Dynamite, but it was a modern day glimpse back in time for me, because the movie's setting WAS growing up in Utah in the 80's.

5. roachboy

roachboy Very Tilted

i thought napoleon dynamite hilarious. notice the absence of stupid hollywood sound in it. and then there's the fabulous finale. and the tater tots.

6. the_jazz

the_jazz Accused old lady puncher

Speed 2. The things you do to get laid.

American Pie 3. Because I have idiots for friends.

Knight and Day. Because I'm an idiot.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Hyena

Hyena Vertical

Mortal Kombat 2. I had to take a nephew. blech
    Little Nicky. Remember the pre-internet review days when you went to a movie to see if it was as bad as you thought it would be?

8. Redlemon

Redlemon Getting Tilted

Thanks for reminding me, that's why I went to see Short Circuit. And despite that, I broke up with her after the movie. It was that bad.

9. Speed_Gibson

Speed_Gibson Hacking the Gibson

There was a Mortal Kombat 2? I am guessing that hit theatres when I was floating around on the Atlantic or on a Med Cruise on the Carrier. That sounds scarily bad just by the ttile alone.

And I remember Speed 2 as being completely forgettable but I would buy that even now just to see the John F Kennedy in the background. We were on the other side of the island for our second visit (while I was onboard at least) there while they were filming.

10. Bear Cub

Bear Cub Goes down smooth.

11. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

Idiocracy
    The White Ribbon

12. fill23ca

fill23ca Vertical

I hope I'm not the only one reading these lists and thinking about some of the choices "What!?! That movie was really good!!" (I love Gangs of New York).

But as far as bad movies, my pick is Joe Dirt.

13. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

S said his was White Man's Burden.

14. ace0spades

ace0spades Slightly Tilted

Hmmm WORST you say? So bad it's good? Kung-Pow. Just plain terrible: Battlefield Earth.

15. CaptainBob

CaptainBob Slightly Tilted

The Naked Lunch. Maybe I didn't like it because I was expecting sex.

16. ring

ring

fight club

17. m0rpheus

m0rpheus Getting Tilted

Actually Steel was starring Shaq was one of the first that came to mind.
    --- merged: Sep 27, 2011 6:42 AM ---
    I wouldn't call it the worst, but it's not good either IMO.

18. sgbsteve

sgbsteve Getting Tilted

Battle of Los Angeles

I will usually sit through a bad movie waiting for some kind of payoff but I only made it about 20 minutes into this it was that horrible. Luckily it was on netflix streaming so it didnt cost me anything.

19. Willravel

Willravel Getting Tilted

Alexander

I want to say that, going into the movie theater, I was really excited about Alexander. I love those old military specials on the History Channel and Alexander the Great is a fascinating historical figure. And this may sound daft, but I'm a fan of Oliver Stone. Certainly his works are often unorthodox, but Wall Street, Platoon, The Doors, Born on the Fourth of July, and JFK were all really interesting movies. What happened was a tragic and insane display of how not to make an epic. The writing was horrendous, the acting was even worse, the casting was mind-boggling, there was no emotion or passion... it felt like someone had given $150 million to a teenager to make Alexander the Great slash fanfic. Half the audience in the theater had left before the film ended. To this day, I regret not having the foresight to join them.

• Like Like x 1