1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Worst of the Worst - Worldwide

Discussion in 'Tilted Philosophy, Politics, and Economics' started by genuinemommy, Aug 8, 2014.

1. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

I wonder if Putin has a plan once the new US administration is in to control from Syria on up, including Turkey. He's been saber-rattling them lately. (you may have a new USSR soon)
    Because unlike Obama, Trump will likely withdraw from that area. It's Afghanistan all over again, except this time, there is no US president against Russia, he's actually cozy to it.
    Unfortunately, you're going to see a lot more aggression in the world soon.
    With a lot more of this...

2. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

They will unite on their skewed views of fighting terrorism. Trump is basically on board with Putin regarding the support of Assad. The rationale, it seems, is that a stable Syria under Assad will prevent the spread of terrorism. In this case, the lesser of two evils is a genocidal war criminal at the head of an authoritarian regime.

3. rogue49

Well, it may go beyond that...first, both of them are megalomaniacs of the 1st order...so they don't think in terms of most people. (please note both their previous actions, words...and media...thank god we haven't seen Trump with his shirt off yet)
    Don't think in terms of a rational, balanced, normal human.
    It's more like a big Risk game for Putin and a big Monopoly game for Trump. Both want to live forever in their gains and name.

The question is...not what they're going to do...because you won't figure it out...the question is where they'll screw up and what they can get away with.
    One will hinder them, reveal their agendas and create impact to us...the little folk,
    the other will be tons of stuff we won't know about...or are summarily ignored, but still impacting.

Why do I say this??
    Because most normal people don't take over countries and pose for national pics shirtless,
    or most don't plaster their names all over the damned place and tweet against SNL at 3am.
    AND most Americans do NOT have the word "Russia" pop up constantly in relation to them... (which is an uncanny trend, to say the least)

And I am NOT a conspiracy freak...I prefer facts and calm rational thought...but I'm also not one to NOT expect the unexpected from people who don't play by the "rules" (whatever those are these days)
    It's like I say...you're not supposed to understand why a serial killer does what they do, it's not supposed to make sense. (and forgive me for being uncompassionate, I don't get near them either nor try to predict what they'll do)
    Not to say they're serial killers (well, Trump at least) but they still don't think in the same terms I do. (uhh...the campaign showed that...what I saw with my own eyes...which was something unprecedented)

Right now, all bets are off.
    And I wouldn't be surprised if we went back to a whole WWII/Cold War dynamic and countries & regions organized by such.
    You think I'm being overkill?? Hey, it existed before...it can exist again. We've gone through many waves of peace and chaos...and if the elections have shown lately, we're still capable of shooting ourselves with our own guns.

To be quite frank...I'm not really worried about that as much as we may use nukes, since I do live near one of the prime targets. (not much escape plan or contingency plans for that...I hope to live quite a bit longer)
    Perhaps I should consider moving away from this area. I've been pondering San Fran for awhile, even before the election, maybe it's time for a change of scenery. (sure, the "big one" may hit there...but it wouldn't be a big as a nuke :eek:)

In all seriousness, I wouldn't predict what either one of them will do.
    But in the interest of keeping a sense of humor, I am taking bets on how many people you think will piss off before he ends his term. (he's off to a good start...and he's not even in office yet, talented. :rolleyes:)

However, back to your original premise, Assad will essentially become a Putin puppet...and Syria an extension of Russia, like Crimea is now.

4. redux

redux Very Tilted

Last month, in testimony at a Congressional hearing, FBI Director Wray reported that majority of the domestic terrorism cases investigated in the US over the last year have some association with white nationalist/white supremacist violence.

FBI's Wray says most domestic terrorism arrests this year involve white supremacy

But it gets worse...

Anew study by the Anti-Defamation League has found that white supremacy is being internationalized "like never before."

WHITE SUPREMACY IS A GLOBAL TERROR THREAT: REPORT

Full study from ADL...
    Hate Beyond Borders: The Internationalization of White Supremacy

• Informative Informative x 3
  5. DamnitAll

DamnitAll Wait... what?

Looking back on everything that's been mentioned in this thread so far and noting it's been just about a year since the last post, then thinking back at everything that's transpired around the world in the last twelve months, I don't know whether to snort cynically or burst into tears.

....or maybe just go pour myself a drink.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2020
    • Funny Funny x 2
  6. rogue49

Hilarious, I'm stealing.

Can't wait until PART 3!
    Wait...you didn't think they would do another 4 months?? :p

I'm expecting at least a Part 4, if not 5
    You think it's going to stop after November??

Like she said, nothing surprises me anymore... :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. tecoyah

tecoyah Illusionary

For those who think Covid is the worst of the worst:

• Informative Informative x 1