1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice
  1. Last edited: Mar 26, 2012
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. bigdaddy19 New Member

Wow, great photos! Amazing stuff

3. Zweiblumen

Zweiblumen Slightly Tilted

Great photos, one of the reasons for them looking good is the fact the film is 4" x 5" where as full frame DSLR like Canon EOS 5D has a sensor that is only 36 x 24 mm (that's a full frame for a 135 mm film) and most digital cameras have much smaller sensors. A film of that size can enlarged to huge sizes, it also means that all digital pictures are enlarged just to make them visible.
    A Kodachrome 36 x 24 mm transparency is equivalent to 20 megapixel so the digital world is catching up with the films that were manufactured about 60 years ago :p

4. bobby

bobby More Than Slightly Tilted ! Donor

094703302.jpg
    USS Pinola My dad, a Pearl Harbor survivor, spent the the first half of WWII on it. A sea going tug and repair ship.

• Like Like x 1
  5. bobby

bobby More Than Slightly Tilted ! Donor

pearl harbor 1941.jpg An honor flight 065.jpg

My folks when I took them to Washington DC on an Honor Flight.
    Both where Pearl Harbor survivors. They lived on Ford Island in the middle of Pearl Harbor!

Last edited: Sep 26, 2022
    • Winner Winner x 1