1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

WWE: The PG Era

Discussion in 'Tilted Entertainment' started by retrogunslinger, Nov 13, 2014.

1. retrogunslinger

retrogunslinger Vertical

I'm curious to know if anyone on the forum watches modern WWE programming? I used to catch wrestling here and there when I was younger, and just a few months ago I started watching it as a dedicated viewer. While it's not as exciting or badass as it used to be, especially in the Attitude Era, it's definitely a sport that entertains me... which is saying a lot. I've fallen asleep at several crowded football stadiums. It's also my favorite soap opera, probably because it's pretty much the same story dynamics, but with suplexes.

My girlfriend and I have subscribed to the Network ("$9.99! $9.99! $9.99!") and on the 18th we'll be heading to Knoxville to attend a taping of Smackdown.

So, for those who are caught up... predictions for Survivor Series, i.e. Team Cena vs Team Authority, i.e. Faces vs Heels? Wyatt/Ambrose feud? Tyson Kidd being anally raped by the writing staff?

2. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

I'm old enought to remember when Houston Wrestling started broadcasting on one of the two 'new' VHF (or was it UHF, I get them confused) channels some time in the later middle '60s. I was pretty young, but as I recall it was very popular and even went nationwide under the direction of Paul Boech. Boech led a very interesting life. I saw kids fighting, literally fist fighting, over whether or not the wrestling was real.