1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Xerox Phaser 6360 printing preferences not in correct language

Discussion in 'Tilted Gear' started by Jove, Sep 1, 2011.

1. Jove

Jove Slightly Tilted

I recently configured a Xerox Phaser 6360 where the driver was automatically installed, but when looking at the printer preferences, the tabs and settings are in German. Now, I uninstalled the printer driver through the print server properties, deleted the Xerox folders located in the winnt\system32\spool and C:\xerox, emptied the recycle bin, restarted the computer, used CCleaner to remove registry problems and downloaded the PCL5 driver from Xerox’s driver and support website, but the language in the printing preferences is still in German.

Does anyone know how I can get the correct language in the printing preferences?

2. Zweiblumen

Zweiblumen Slightly Tilted

Just a wild guess. Could it be that German is the default language that the driver was created in and for some reason it can't find the English text it should use?

3. Jove

Jove Slightly Tilted

It is possible, but how would I change the default language from German to English?

4. Lordeden

Lordeden Part of the Problem

Uninstall and reinstall most likely, should be a drop down box during the beginning of the install for it.

5. Zweiblumen

Sorry for not being clear, I think it's not finding the English text to display. The additional languages are usually in files, that files could be missing or not accessible. If you have access to another computer where the driver is working correctly then you could compare what files are there and if there are any missing.
    An other option is to check if the install/setup for the driver has advance or custom settings, there could be an option to specify what language to use.
    Hope I'm not waisting your time,
    Best of luck.
    Zweiblumen

6. Lordeden

Lordeden Part of the Problem

Is there any .ini files to edit? Sometimes you can change the default language in there.

7. Jove

Jove Slightly Tilted

I edited the .ini file, replaced all driver files, deleted the printer registry entries and is still in German.

8. Jove

Jove Slightly Tilted

I solved my problem by doing the following procedure:

1. Ran the cleanspl.exe from the Windows Server 2003 Resource kit tool
    http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=17657

2. If the prompt asks you to remove the Standard TCP/IP port or the BJ Language Monitor, say no for these two items.

a. If you said yes, it will remove the two listed and you will have to export the Monitor registry file from a second computer that has the correct registry string and import it back to the first computer.

3. Once it removes the print drivers, restart the computer.

4. After you are back in the operating system, Install the correct print driver (in my case the English driver).

9. Zweiblumen

That's great, both you solved it and shared the solution with us.
    Zweiblumen

10. MSD

MSD Very Tilted

Things I've learned from using a Xerox Phaser printer.

1: The print quality is great unless you try to save money by buying third party ink.
    2: Everything either is a huge pain in the ass or takes forever.
    3: Every time you power it on or bring it out of sleep mode, it shits out $6 worth of ink. There is no way around this.
    4: Wasting ink is still better than keeping it on if you're not using it constantly and letting it draw 1200 watts of power in awake mode to keep the ink liquid
    4a: Due to this, the room it's in will always smell like melted crayons and be 15° warmer than surrounding rooms.
    5: If you don't have it on a dedicated 110v, 15 amp breaker, it will trip the breaker fairly regularly
    5a: Actually, make that a 20 amp breaker because the rating printed on the back is bullshit and it will draw upwards of 18 amps on startup